Episode #42 "Free Verse"

Ferrariman

7 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Here is the Yeats poem Hector is quoting when C&T find him ranting in the alley. It’s the second verse, but the whole thing is great!:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43291/sailing-to-byzantium

He skips around a bit through there, and finishes with an allusion to this little number:

https://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/blake/to_accuser_who_is_god_of.html

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

just noticed this bloke blatantly checking the scenery...and Saundra looks like she's really uncomfortable

freeverse.thumb.jpg.9b979a0b7266d2f170c0f986711b1b23.jpg

Edited by daytona365

20 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

Looks like MacGyver makes a cameo appearance. ;)

Looks like he’s devising a way to get into that dress. :) 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Looks like he’s devising a way to get into that dress. :) 

Ha ha looks like it.

While on “Free Verse” I always had and still have I might add a huge crush on Hectors daughter, Blanca, played by Yamil Borges.:happy:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndrewRemington said:

Kind of a cross between MacGyver and George Michael, lol.

Or Sonny in Season 4 :)

Edited by Matt5
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

I know this is not a popular one with some MV fans, but I enjoy this episode well enough...probably not one of Season 2’s “strong” ones, but still action-packed and it had its interesting points. 

The plot, the Hammer score in the background, the scenery, the MV color scheme throughout, several of the MV cars were showcased more in this one (such as Tubbs' Caddy and Switek's T-Bird), etc...all helped "make" this one, for me.:clap:

I also really liked the action at the beginning with the lady assassin at the airport and later at the party! :thumbsup: The sad tale of the depressed, drunk poet and his loyal daughter was a little predictable, but also helped make this one a "touching" one. The plot-twist at the end, of who was really behind the assassination attempt, also helped make it somewhat captivating till the end.

I originally gave this one an 8...still do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The episode isn't that great but Jan Hammer's "Poem"-composition is one of my favorites.

The guy who plays Sandoval is ok though.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bodyguarding a jovial, wheel-chaired bound poet; points for "offbeat-ness" in this one at least.  It's otherwise part of the "F curse" of Season 2 (episodes beginning with an "F" tend to be among the weaker of the year).  I certainly found Yamil Borges to be both a good actress and stunning eye candy though.  Especially in that pink party dress.  :happy:

I'm not much of a poetry buff, so Hector's poem ("The sea was angry that day, my friend" etc. etc.) didn't do much for me.  (I'm more of a play-reading guy.)  

I was happy to hear Hammer's cue "Maria's Dance," aka "Dancing Maria" again, even though it should be entitled "Gabriella's Dance" or "Gabriella's Sway" (from "The Maze"):

Enjoyable ep, superficial politics, good use of our OCB crew. 

Edited by Jack Gretsky
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This one is a top 10 worst episodes in my list. Pretty surprised that Season 2, with its best average episode quality has such a bad one in it. 3/10 

Boring, boring, boring, Bad, Bad, Bad........ and silly; if you do not fall asleep watching this....... you have some great patience.

Also unfitting, mostly because of the plot, and the guest stars are *meh*......

I actually came to enjoy it quite a lot. Nice locations, the soundtrack includes Suicidal Tendencies and Tubbs' Caddy is given more screentime that usual. The only thing that brings this episode down somewhat is ridiculously rushed and over the top ending where Sandaval survives two assassination attempts by opposing factions within a couple of minutes. It leaves a rather comical aftertaste.

7.5/10 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Viceguy said:

I actually came to enjoy it quite a lot. Nice locations, the soundtrack includes Suicidal Tendencies and Tubbs' Caddy is given more screentime that usual. The only thing that brings this episode down somewhat is ridiculously rushed and over the top ending where Sandaval survives two assassination attempts by opposing factions within a couple of minutes. It leaves a rather comical aftertaste.

7.5/10 

I like this one, too...not an all time favorite or anything, but still good plot, locations, colors, the Caddy is always a +, and good action! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The last of season 2's "F lull"!  This one's OK, but my main takeway is the stunning Yamil Borges:

yamil.png

I also like the mood of the scene in the alley with Hector, Tubbs and Crockett - but the plight of the dried-up writer is not the freshest of ideas. 

Edited by Jack Gretsky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Gretsky said:

The last of season 2's "F lull"!  This one's OK, but my main takeway is the stunning Yamil Borges:

yamil.png

I also like the mood of the scene in the alley with Hector, Tubbs and Crockett - but the plight of the dried-up writer is not the freshest of ideas. 

I actually don’t mind the “F-lull” episodes. :funky: In my opinion, Season 2 has no bad or poor episodes…although some are stronger or better than others. ;) 

This one is perhaps not as strong as many of the other episodes…although there are some color, car, and fashion aspects I enjoy. There’s a scene of the outside of the mansion they’re keeping Hector in…and it has Tubbs’ Caddy & Switek’s T-Bird together in the driveway. Awesome, lol! The Caddy also gets to have a lot of screen time in this one. :dance2:

I also enjoy the wild, but very awesomely 80s fashion of the woman assassin, played by Bianca Jagger! :glossy: This isn’t a famous or great one…but, there’s still enjoyable facets, and plenty of action. :dance: A few pics below: 

IMG_3714.jpeg

IMG_3715.png

IMG_3716.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

An excellent episode and colors used. Great locations in Golden Beach and the Fort Lauderdale Art building. Byrne Piven  stole the show as Hector.  His daughter in the episode, Bianca was Wow!

Here is a great shot from the Fort Lauderdale location from 1986.

IMG_7380.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like "Free Verse" it paves the way for left/right wing political episodes like "Cuba Libre" and "When Irish Eyes are Crying"

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2