Any Magnum PI Fans?

timm525

• Administrators

Oh, are you selling stuff your self or posting a link to stuff for sale? :radar:

Oh' date=' are you selling stuff your self or posting a link to stuff for sale? :radar:[/quote']I originally meant creating a thread where I post pictures of MIAMI VICE vintage and non vintage items and clothes that I would sell on this site. Again, I'm sure it would be of interest, and popular because of the range of items from Vice and 80's clothes and stuff, but I have never really brought it up seriously, as I don't think that would be approved, so I have never asked.Kind of a GENERAL STORE for MIAMI VICE items.

• Administrators

Well...Let me talk to Caipi and F-man about this.Maybe you would have to sell these things on ebay. Maybe not?

Well...Let me talk to Caipi and F-man about this.Maybe you would have to sell these things on ebay. Maybe not?

I have no interest in selling on ebay.No need to talk to them about this. It was just an idea I had. Nothing was even prepared. Just toying with ideas pal to make the site unique and interesting.

• Administrators

Well I've already PMed them. Let's see what the response is and we'll go from there.

Well I've already PMed them. Let's see what the response is and we'll go from there.

They will most likely say this site is for the enjoyment of fans, not to make a profit.Like I said, I wasn't really asking, just toying with ideas to keep this site fresh and original.I've got lots of stuff to post still, made a new contact with someone who worked on the show, and have all sorts of ideas for great MIAMI VICE threads.It takes me time to think up these things, and do this, but I do it for the members. Cool members like you. :thumbsup:.....I've only yet begun.

"Magnum' date=' p.i." is one show that could do an awesome reunion movie!! Tom still looks awesome for his age--and as far as I know the rest of the cast (including John Hillerman--Higgins) is still alive too. If they had the "right" script...it would be awesome to find out what Magnum was up to after 22 years. :thumbsup:[/quote'] One of the longest-running active threads they have at the Magnum site is about a potential Magnum movie.

One of the longest-running active threads they have at the Magnum site is about a potential Magnum movie.

Yeah, as they have with "Hawaii Five-0" and a few other shows, they've been trying to make a screen version of "Magnum" for about 4 or 5 years now.Personally, I'm not interested in a movie version--unless it's one with the original show cast! In my opinion, the "MV" movie, the "Dukes of Hazzard" movie, and possibly the new "A-Team" movie (haven't actually seen this one yet)--all sucked and were crap compared to the original shows!So, I would rather have a reunion TV-movie of the original show cast, than a movie version of younger (but much less talented) actors. ;)Also, I read that Magnum's original hawaiian shirt (with the birds) was in the Smithsonian Museum--which sort of "tops" the American History one. But, maybe it originally was in the Smithsonian and later was moved to the American History museum. Either way--I think it's awesome that part of "Magnum, p.i." can be honored that way! Now all we need is to have the "MV" pastel wardrobe in its own display! :thumbsup:

I have season 3' date=' if anyone would like to trade for season 4![/quote'] You should get all 8 seasons--it's totally worth it! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

I saw that earlier today. :)Also Selleck has stated that he will NOT be involved with a movie or do a cameo appearance. He more or less stated that these remakes are horrible to the original shows and they are seldom successful. He doesn't want to star in it as that would be an endorsement to the original fans that he agrees with it. He does not.I'll try and find his quote on this.

I saw that earlier today. :)Also Selleck has stated that he will NOT be involved with a movie or do a cameo appearance. He more or less stated that these remakes are horrible to the original shows and they are seldom successful. He doesn't want to star in it as that would be an endorsement to the original fans that he agrees with it. He does not.I'll try and find his quote on this.

Most of the original show cast ends up protesting and being against the movie remakes of their shows...I usually agree with them! Sorry if I offend anyone here, but I hated the "MV" movie!! :thumbsdown: From what I heard/read none of the original cast would have anything to do with it. I even read that Edward James Olmos was asked to reprise his role of Castillo in the movie...but he refused.A lot of the "Dukes of Hazzard" cast protested the movie version, as it was basically a rude-crude "raunchy" version compared the to original show. As for the new "A-Team" movie...I read and heard that Mr. T. stated he thought it was dumb and completely lacked what the original show had.I just think that you can't really redo something that has already been done...and get the same effect! Tom Selleck is correct...these stupid movie remakes are rarely successful and are usually crap compared to the shows. I hope they do not make a "Magnum" movie. But, for several years now they have been trying to make one...along with a movie version of "Hawaii Five-0." But, now they're trying a new updated TV series of "5-0." We'll see how long that lasts. ;) New TV versions of "Bionic Woman" and "Knight Rider" both failed.What they need to do (although I don't know if the original show cast would ever agree to this either??) is make reunion TV movies of both "MV" and "Magnum!" At one point Selleck stated that if there was enough money for everyone involved and the script was good enough...he might consider seeing what Magnum was up to after 20-some years. ;) We can hope! :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...

Last summer (2010) I did a "Miami Vice" marathon, and went through the whole series again--something I had not done for a couple years.This summer (starting just a couple days ago) I am doing a "Magnum, p.i." marathon, and am going through that whole series!Because of this, I remembered this thread from a year ago and checked out the "Magnum" fansite (Magnum-Mania.com). It's awesome and I ended up joining--already posting in many threads, and conversing with "Magnum" fans there! It's just as awesome as this "MV" fansite! :thumbsup: So, for those (like me) that loved (and still do love) both "Miami Vice" and "Magnum, p.i."--then check out Magnum-Mania.com!! Aloha! :clap: Also, as I have many "MV" style/colored shirts, I also have tons of Hawaiian shirts too! For those who are "true" Magnum fans :p and wish to have an official replica of the famous red Jungle Bird shirt Tom Selleck wore on the show....check out the online store MauiShirts.com! :cool: They offer a ton of Hawaiian and Aloha clothing and items...but the best part is they offer at least 3 different shirts (including the Jungle Bird one) that are the same ones Tom Selleck wore on "Magnum, p.i."! :thumbsup: I ordered a red Jungle Bird one not even a week ago and I got it yesterday! They're hand made, official Paradise Lost (original company that made a lot of the shirts Selleck wore on "Magnum") shirts--superb quality complete with real bamboo buttons!Just throwing all this out there for "Magnum" fans! :thumbsup:

Oh :cool: I watched Magnum.Loved the red ferrai at that time and the butler was funny.

Butler? You mean Higgins, aka Robin Masters, aka Hitler? :D ;)ViceFanMan, How Many Mai Tai's have you had today? ;):cheers:

Magnum fans? Right here, baby. I have season 3 for trade if anyone is interested. Used to be a nice escape when I was on my "heck assignment" out of town for awhile. Think I'd rather spring for a Magnum P.I. t-shirt with the moustache and the Ferrari than another Hawaiian shirt.This weekend, there's supposed to be a new episode of Selleck's new made for t.v. movies, "Jesse Stone" or some such. It's on CBS, tonight (or already was on last night), if I can find it, I'll flip it on for awhile. I can imagine why you'd be an alcoholic if you lived in New Haven, Connecticut for too long. [shudder]

Butler? You mean Higgins' date=' aka Robin Masters, aka Hitler? :D ;)ViceFanMan, How Many Mai Tai's have you had today? ;):cheers:[/quote']Hitler?? :eek: LOL! :) Higgins did sort of resemble Hitler now that you mention it...but you liked Higgins. ;) I did always like the idea they "toyed" with, that Higgins really was Robin Masters and was always putting on a charade. They never did really reveal the truth...and I like that.Interesting that you mention Mai Tai's! :D A Mai Tai is one of my favorite Hawaiian drinks, and MaiTaiMan is my username on Magnum-Mania.com! LOL! :) By the way, as of right now I have not had any...yet! ;) It's only 6:00 where I live and the night hasn't even begun yet! I will be having a few while watching "Magnum" tonight! :cheers:

will be having a few while watching "Magnum" tonight! :cheers:

I agree with you about Higgins. I always thought he sort of resembled Hitler in his behavior towards Magnum and when he was re-enacting battles or talking about ones he fought in.I thought MaiTaiMan was your username. My username there is StarchedUndershirts. :) :)

I agree with you about Higgins. I always thought he sort of resembled Hitler in his behavior towards Magnum and when he was re-enacting battles or talking about ones he fought in.I thought MaiTaiMan was your username. My username there is StarchedUndershirts. :) :)

LOL!! :) StarchedUndershirts...original! ;)I don't know if they purposely made Higgins kind of like Hitler--with how he looked, as well as his attitiude towards Magnum and war history, or if John Hillerman's appearance was just a coincidence? Whatever the case, I'd much prefer Higgins to Hitler! ;)

Butler? You mean Higgins' date=' aka Robin Masters, aka Hitler? :D ;)ViceFanMan, How Many Mai Tai's have you had today? ;):cheers:[/quote'] Its been awhile I forgot his name.My drink of choice is jack Daniels,thank you very much

• Administrators

After talking to the owner of that site, I was able to get him to add us to his link list for other 80's shows and we in turn added him to ours.Magnum-mania.com is on our link list off the homepage. Navigation box, down at the bottom. It is a great web site for all things Magnum. I'm a member there too under the same name and avatar.If anyone is interested in MPI, that is the web site to be on. :thumbsup:

Its been awhile I forgot his name.My drink of choice is jack Daniels' date='thank you very much[/quote']No problem...Higgins was the head of security and managed the Robin Masters' Estate. I've tried drinking "Jack"...but I've never really been able to like it very much. :eek: I'm not really into "hard" alcohol. I like beer, margaritas, wine, Mai Tai's, Blue Hawaiians, and other kinds of mixed drinks. But, I know Crockett liked his "Jackie"...to each his or her own! ;)
After talking to the owner of that site' date=' I was able to get him to add us to his link list for other 80's shows and we in turn added him to ours.Magnum-mania.com is on our link list off the homepage. Navigation box, down at the bottom. It is a great web site for all things Magnum. I'm a member there too under the same name and avatar.If anyone is interested in MPI, that is the web site to be on. :thumbsup:[/quote']Awesome, timm525! It definitely is the place to go for "MPI"! :thumbsup: As I stated above, my username is MaiTaiMan and my avatar is a pic of Magnum's red Jungle Bird shirt. :cool: