Miami pics

Tommy Vercetti

That's a cool video though.I would seriously do ANYTHING right now to go to Miami. ANYTHING. 

Just back myself after 4 weeks in Florida and Bahamas - wonderful vid  :D  :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Here's an interesting aerial view of downtown Miami from a different angle.  You can see the Rickenbacker causeway leading to Key Biscayne under the wing, the Dodge Island Seaport on the left, and the MacArthur Causeway to Miami Beach on the bottom left.  The photo is several years old because today you see high rises going up all over the place topped by cranes.  It is the biggest building boom ever.  Click for larger image.

Miami overview

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This panoramic photo shows a great deal of Greater Miami and should help visitors orient themselves and gain an understanding of the lay of the land.  You can see Key Biscayne extreme right above the downtown skyscrapers, then Virginia Key, Miami Beach across the Bay with Watson Island on the MacArthur Causeway, with the Venetian Causeway to the left, and Dodge Islands, Star, Hibiscus, and Palm Islands in the bay etc. etc.skylime%20entire_zpsmhrvetlf.jpg

Edited by miamijimf

Anchorage Way from "The Rising Sun of Death" from my trip this Year :D

Did you have any trouble getting in? I tried to visit that location 5-8 years ago, but they wouldn't let me in. That's the only time I can recall being denied access to a gated community in Miami.

• 1 month later...

Miami in 1977 and in 2015.  Fastest growing city in America.  The world?

Click for larger image.

1661872 974765192546325 3723516765032828805 N

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Classic Art Deco gas station built in 1938 still survives.  It's on the way to the Gables.  Don't see why it never appeared in Vice, Burn Notice, or any other movie I know about.  It's almost as striking as the Evan gas station.

cira%201938%2017th%20ave%20and%20coral%2

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 3

Classic Art Deco gas station built in 1938 still survives.  It's on the way to the Gables.  Don't see why it never appeared in Vice, Burn Notice, or any other movie I know about.  It's almost as striking as the Evan gas station.

cira%201938%2017th%20ave%20and%20coral%2

You are right it is striking, maybe a bit too striking for "Evan" gas station scene. :) Nonetheless it would have been a memorable gas station. Just like the one in Evan was/is.

It is very striking. Although it doesn't have the sleek postmodernist look that Mann was so partial to. It's more Mediterranean-type architecture. Maybe it could've been used in season 5

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 2

Interesting.  Jane-Shutz and MacGregor are the authors of The Making of Miami Vice.  Did your article come from this book?

Good question Jim  :D  :xmas:

Interesting.  Jane-Shutz and MacGregor are the authors of The Making of Miami Vice.  Did your article come from this book?

Yes. I was searching for something else with the word Miami Vice included and then accidently came across the above posted example from the book.

There are more examples shown on google books.

• Like 1

No, summer84's article is clipped from "The Essential Cult TV Reader" by David Lavery, which in turn includes some quotes from "The Making of Miami Vice".  I had never heard of the Lavery book.  It has a chapter about Miami Vice (starting on page 159):

https://books.google.com/books?id=TKcaI75I72AC

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reader-Contemporary-Media-Culture/dp/0813125685

• Like 2

I thought the article came from "The Making of Miami Vice" book, but airtommy is right, it's from The Essential Cult TV Reader.

Pages from The Making of Miami Vice are also on google books, you just go to google books and search for the book.

Some examples are left out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...