Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

http-~~-//youtu.be/J-FG9ZKerGM

that's my hickok45 alright:http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45#p/searchthat's the one magnum cartirdge next to the .50 AE caliber that I havent shot, although the smith boys gave me enough reason not to write it off as being for nothing like I did with the AE as it does serve a purpose in the same sense of the 454 casull does as a long distance hunting/sidearm in bear country (and I have fired a 454 casull at 200 yards by the way, freedom arms single action 454 casull with gloves to absorb the recoil and it is damn accurate even with iron sights and perfectly fine to shoot with gloves on although the force it gave off from firing it was something else and made my nose run) although I would not fire them in single action mode if I could help it with a DA/SA revolver as well this can happen

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4OE78spknk

note the gun is cocked when she fired the first round and the recoil and short trigger reset from SA to DA caused her to fire 2 rounds one after the other inadvertently.hell my father told me once about a woman who did that with a single action .44 magnum ruger in alaska in the 60's, she cocked the hammer by accident from the recoil after the first shot and well she wasnt as lucky as the woman in that video as it was the last thing she ever did as the second one went into her head. so if anything with those larger calibers get a DA/SA revolver and only shoot it DA if you can help it when it comes to .41 magnum and above and if not be damn careful with where your hands are so there not in a position where it could do that under recoil as the single action guns they were based off of are rigged up so you could do that with the colt single action army in .45 long colt, but the difference is the recoil isnt so much with a .45 long colt (the forerunner of the .45 acp cartridge from 1887, I think) that you could do that by accident, not unless your really trying to.plus shoot into a pile of dirt that will absorb the energy of the round if you can help it, not really hard steel with no give otherwise this can happen if you dont hit it directly in the middle of the steel if its a high power round like .44 magnum and above

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEgxTzGV8Kk&feature=related

although the steel on hickoks animals and targets are normal steel with normal give so it lessens the chance of that happening as the steel will absorb the impact of the hit like here with the glock 10mm on a steel plate

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3509n1k02Ug

rather than deflecting or just changing the bullets trajectory which can happen with really hard steel and even just wood when it comes to rifle rounds and that actually happened with the wood where a 7.62 nato round was fired into the edge of a wood target frame and redirected the round off of a range into someones laundry room when no one was there breaking the window but not damaging anything and landing perfectly into her laundry basket ontop of the load of clothes.and I aint making that up.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

thanks and its probably best to stick to only the CZ 75's made by CZ as well the quality control of guns made by EAA, tangofolio and armalight ar 24 can be suspect while the CZ's seem to be held up to a high standard.and while the EAA witness looks close to a bren its got the same sort of quality control problems the bren had and then some and in this day and age and considering how long they've been around that is not acceptabile in this day and age, I cut D and D some slack since it was their first time making a gun and then poof everyone wants one because of the MV connection, with EAA they've had more than enough time to perfect it and thus its not acceptabile.

I hope Vltor is able to resolve some of the QC problems D&D had with the Bren Ten. There were a number of issues. The Magazines were not properly made and heat treated. the slides were badly cast with pores voids in the metal and some of the trigger parts were not strong enough. Hopefully these can be fixed and hopefully Vltor will have production models at SHOT next year.For now if you want a 10MM I'd recommend a S&W 1006 or 1076. One that hasn't been abused will likely run without problems. The Glock 20 and 29 are good, but I can't warm up to them.

Killer posts' date=' Kavinsky.[/quote']thanks and it really shows that my motto is that I seek to understand why things are they way they are and why they work and why they dont.cryptic but it fits as where most people just disregard certain pieces of information and I remember them and put them together to figure out why things work and why they dont in numerous things and garrys right for the 10mm you really cant do any better than the smith 1006 with a 22 - 24 pound recoil spring for the hotter loads when it comes to a traditional DA/SA pistol (and to put that into perspective the recoil spring of a normal 9mm is about 12 pounds, ala the german militaries walther P38 that was used up until the late 1980's which has 2 6.5 pound recoil springs, one on either side) and with the glock and its models including the 10mm glock 20 and one or two others... well polymer guns lack a soul for any real lack of a better way of putting it and the next best up to the 1006 for a gun with a soul would probably be a 10mm 1911 if your a single action only fan like the colt delta elite or one of the dan wesson 10mm's that came out a few years ago which were actually technically made by CZ as they own dan wesson now.and I forgot to post these of the first model CZ 75

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xmDEIQ9RA

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrywdh6CA

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ND_3odw15c

and the detonics pocket 9 which while it looks ungainly would be kinda interesting to see if a sized up PPK design could reliably feed 9mm like that, I mean it certainly seems to have enough mass to do it although take down seems to be a nightmare

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExqoJs2N4h0

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yu1wkF59LI

which I guess explains why you pull down on the trigger guard on a PPK and pull the slide up as it was the easiest way to rig it up back in 33'!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ISlqI2JyNU&feature=fvst

and for god sakes if you ever take down a ppk do not rest the trigger guard on the frame, its pull down, pull the slide back and up and then put it back into its resting position, doing what he's doing will mar up the frame plus its a USA model smith and wesson continuation series PPK/S which arent as good as the german and manhurin ones and unlike the interams ones that are noted for being full of issues the smith ones actually had a recall in 06 for a shotty safety.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't quite know why he did a tap and rack after the first shot but he is trained and pretty good, far better than the guy with the 645 in this video at 0:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KlG6FFk4LU

who uses the slide stop as a slide release which your not supposed to do as its only ment to lock the slide back and doing that causes unnecessary wear on the stop, what your supposed to do is pull back on the slide to give the lock time enough to get out of the way of the slide otherwise it wears the part down and mar's it up if you do it the leathal weapon wayand ontop of that did it while the gun was pointed vertically in the air and if he had gotten a round with a light primer or the safety broke on it it would have gone off sending it about a quarter mile away and probably into someone or something he didnt wish to shootand sorry about double posting like this but theres now a weird one video limit on the posts now, I can kind of understand why as it clogs up the loading time of the page but it should be atleast two.

• Administrators

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KlG6FFk4LU who uses the slide stop as a slide release which your not supposed to do as its only ment to lock the slide back and doing that causes unnecessary wear on the stop, what your supposed to do is pull back on the slide to give the lock time enough to get out of the way of the slide otherwise it wears the part down and mar's it up if you do it the leathal weapon wayand ontop of that did it while the gun was pointed vertically in the air and if he had gotten a round with a light primer or the safety broke on it it would have gone off sending it about a quarter mile away and probably into someone or something he didnt wish to shootand sorry about double posting like this but theres now a weird one video limit on the posts now, I can kind of understand why as it clogs up the loading time of the page but it should be atleast two.

My only comment on this is some guns don't react well to being sling shot unless they are done well. I know the Khar series and specifically the PM9 is one that you have to use the slide release in order to chamber the first round or else you will almost always incur a feed jam.I will also say that I'm 50/50 with slide release vs sling shot. It kinda depends what I'm doing. If it is at the range just loading up I usually hit the slide release. If I'm at home practicing a drill like the "tap and rack" then obviously not.I was not aware of any limit on the number of videos you can embed into a post? I'll take a look and see.

• Administrators

OK. The new update to the vB 4.1.10 version changed the option to embed videos to one per post. I changed it to two. Let me know how this works out for you guys. We can change it to more, but we have to be mindful of our members that do not have cable/dsl and are still using dial up! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

well got our first video of a standard model being fired on youtube today

Is this for real? Is this the New Bren Ten?When can I get one? What the heck happened on his first shot, did the mag eject? He should keep his hands clear of the butt.

Is this for real? Is this the New Bren Ten?When can I get one? What the heck happened on his first shot' date=' did the mag eject? He should keep his hands clear of the butt.[/quote']No I think its one of the originals and I think it is real as in the movie and tv business the muzzle flash is often about 3 times what it normally is in real life along with the noise being a quarter of what it really is so I think it is one of the geniune articlesalthought the 2012 shot show is today, it just so happened to pop up around that time although honestly I dont expect anything to change regarding the current status of the VBT, but at the very least its going to be interesting to see if kershaw or spyderco release any new knives or if anyone releases any smaller pocket flashlights if nothng elseEdit: Sorry I dont know why but I thought the 2012 shotshow was on the 14th for some odd reason, its really the 17th - 20ththe signficance here though is that its a video of the standard model being shot, a non viced one which makes it all the more rare, probably nearly as rare as the M and P finished ones which varried from a polished blued slide to a matt slide like crockett's one in heart of darkness as I think what happened was that after the night shootout that was filmed first they saw it didnt show up that well and had the steel slide hard chromed and the coated black stainless frame polished as even on the M and P models its obivious that its just coated black, and not a proper blued frame.
and its all the more rare to see a standard model in action as all we ever saw was the viced one in action and I would imagine a good number of the real brens have had that treatment as well making the standard models quite rare.and it looks like theres some fairly good recoil there so it could be a marksman model in .45 acp instead of a light .40 like the guy with the viced one shot awhile back although it kind of illistrates my point about the barrel length then.and I think he thought the mag wasnt fully locked in so he tapped and racked it an as you saw accidentally manually ejected a live round, however he kept the gun a 100% pointed down range and was mindful of his trigger finger while picking up the ejected round, thus the comment about him being trained on a firearm by someone who knows what they're doing unlike the guy with the 645.
OK. The new update to the vB 4.1.10 version changed the option to embed videos to one per post. I changed it to two. Let me know how this works out for you guys. We can change it to more' date=' but we have to be mindful of our members that do not have cable/dsl and are still using dial up! :eek::eek::eek::eek: [/quote']honestly I think two should be enough, I noticed that if I posted more than two videos it can really start to slow down the loading time when posting a reply so two is probably for the best, at the very least with two it should be more than enough for a compairison post like I was trying to do.
My only comment on this is some guns don't react well to being sling shot unless they are done well. I know the Khar series and specifically the PM9 is one that you have to use the slide release in order to chamber the first round or else you will almost always incur a feed jam.I will also say that I'm 50/50 with slide release vs sling shot. It kinda depends what I'm doing. If it is at the range just loading up I usually hit the slide release. If I'm at home practicing a drill like the "tap and rack" then obviously not.I was not aware of any limit on the number of videos you can embed into a post? I'll take a look and see.
yeah and I think it also goes for the ruger 22 series actually, its just that I know with guns like the P38 which the 39 series was actually based on and thus that applies to the 645 as well as its just a sized up 39 for 45 acp. as it seemed like it wasnt ment to be released that way as it left an unnatural looking wear mark on it when I tried it to do that once plus it seemed kinda harsh if theres any other way to put it on the gun so maybe its more based on what the design is rigged up for and the kahr's and that ruger 22/45 I have being a modern design they may have been designed with primarily that kind of a slide release in mind.

If Vltor does introduce the Bren it won't at thie year's SHOT Show from what I have been reading on the Bren Ten Forum and elsewhere. I wish they were.:cry:

the thing that gets me is this that gmt posted on the ar15 forums about 2 years ago, we had a 100% new bren ten pretty much ready to go from the look of it, and unless they were forced to scrap the molds to make room for those grenade launchers or the atf forced them to redo the design we should have had it long ago, although I dont quite understand what the deal is with the firing pin block here that appears to be off of one of the special forces models as its got a color difference from the slide going as its matt blue while the slide is polished blue.

post-592-1389296414197_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964142839_thumb.jpg

No sign of the you know what at the 2012 shot show but we do have some rather interesting developmentsnamely a para ordinace 6 inch 1911 in 10mm the first new 10mm to hit the market in years at 3:59

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5L0f9SScHk&list=UUjzurbOLJU1GWbO0n32IJNA& index=1&feature=plcp

and in particular a new speedloader for the ruger MK 3 series at 3:27, namely for my 22/45, hell might give me an incentive to shoot it more as the main reason why I dont use it that often is because of the magazine thumb it always gives me, I love the thing with its aftermarket vall quartzen trigger but given the choice of manually loading 6 in the K22 one at a time and 10 in the ruger mag while holding the thing down ill always take the K22 over it unless I want to start shooting semi autos again for that particular month or if just on a whim and even then a day latter I regret doing so while trying to clean the bloody thing.plus a 9mm version of the sig 238, the 938

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmCBlSL0Puw

that kinda reminds me of the star PD used in EvanEingefügtes Bildand a cut down carry version of the sig 229 http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/227197-shot-show-2012-a-4.html#post136296964plus I dont even know what new model knives spyderco and kershaw are putting out yet so even though that worthless ar -15 parts maker who has jerked us around for far too long has given us the finger again its been a good shot show for everyone from the looks of it and hell this is probably only a quarter of the media from it yet as it ends I think this friday.and can I put a vote into expunging the name vltor from this thread and simply renaming it the bren ten revival thread or something along the lines of that till any sort of palpable product is in our hands from those cheats and liars at vltor?I mean it has been 4 bloody years and nothings come of it.

• 4 weeks later...

If I don't buy a bren ten, and I do buy a "MIAMI VICE Crockett" gun, Which is the best, coolest, biggest one he carred?I'm considering buying a pistol, but only if it's exactly the same as Crockett used. I want it chromed, like he had. What did he have after the bren ten, and what was the size of the bullet? Recommendations?

If I don't buy a bren ten' date=' and I do buy a "MIAMI VICE Crockett" gun, Which is the best, coolest, biggest one he carred?I'm considering buying a pistol, but only if it's exactly the same as Crockett used. I want it chromed, like he had. What did he have after the bren ten, and what was the size of the bullet? Recommendations?[/quote']Well, you have one of two choices: Consider buying a S&W 645, or S&W 4506, in 45 calibre. They are getting harder to find but if you go to the gun shows, you might get lucky. Otherwise, go to Gunbroker.com or Gunsamerica.com and see what is posted there. And yes, they are both chromedYou are looking in the $400 to $600.00 range, especially for a very clean one, new in box, for either of them. The only problem is that you have to bid on the gun and then go through an FFL to get the gun sent to you. Make sure you find out about refund policy on the gun, if the gun does not match the description of the ad.Best of luck. JohnBest of luck.

Well' date=' you have one of two choices: Consider buying a S&W 645, or S&W 4506, in 45 calibre. They are getting harder to find but if you go to the gun shows, you might get lucky. Otherwise, go to Gunbroker.com or Gunsamerica.com and see what is posted there. And yes, they are both chromedYou are looking in the $400 to $600.00 range, especially for a very clean one, new in box, for either of them. The only problem is that you have to bid on the gun and then go through an FFL to get the gun sent to you. Make sure you find out about refund policy on the gun, if the gun does not match the description of the ad.Best of luck. JohnBest of luck.[/quote']Knowing nothing of how to buy guns, a local gun store can't find one of these for me?I've shot many, many guns, but have never purchased one.Which gun did Crockett carry his shoulder holster in Season 3?

Knowing nothing of how to buy guns' date=' a local gun store can't find one of these for me?I've shot many, many guns, but have never purchased one.Which gun did Crockett carry his shoulder holster in Season 3?[/quote']I'm guessing I'd like the newer S&W 4506. Just guessing never having held, or fired one.

Knowing nothing of how to buy guns' date=' a local gun store can't find one of these for me?I've shot many, many guns, but have never purchased one.Which gun did Crockett carry his shoulder holster in Season 3?[/quote']Well, some gun stores have people who can try to locate a gun for you, but the problem is that the 4506 was discontinued, for the most part, in 2000 and the 645, in the late 80's, give or take a year. Given all this, availability of discontinued guns is based on people selling off their collection. You might have some luck finding them at the local gun show, but some have more wear and tear than others. Basically, don't give up on your search. It took me almost 5 years to find a new in box 4506, and 1006, and a very good condition 4586. About which gun was carried in Season 3, there are others here who can definitely answer that better than I can. Crockett did love the smith and wesson semi autos. I know that he carried a bren ten, 645, 4506, and many others, also a 4516, in his ankle holster.Hope this helped. John

Well' date=' some gun stores have people who can try to locate a gun for you, but the problem is that the 4506 was discontinued, for the most part, in 2000 and the 645, in the late 80's, give or take a year. Given all this, availability of discontinued guns is based on people selling off their collection. You might have some luck finding them at the local gun show, but some have more wear and tear than others. Basically, don't give up on your search. It took me almost 5 years to find a new in box 4506, and 1006, and a very good condition 4586. About which gun was carried in Season 3, there are others here who can definitely answer that better than I can. Crockett did love the smith and wesson semi autos. I know that he carried a bren ten, 645, 4506, and many others, also a 4516, in his ankle holster.Hope this helped. John[/quote']It helped a lot! I know lots of things about MIAMI VICE related things, but I'm weak on this one.I wonder if I'd be lucky to buy a used one in a very large gun shop?

If I don't buy a bren ten' date=' and I do buy a "MIAMI VICE Crockett" gun, Which is the best, coolest, biggest one he carred?I'm considering buying a pistol, but only if it's exactly the same as Crockett used. I want it chromed, like he had. What did he have after the bren ten, and what was the size of the bullet? Recommendations?[/quote']neither of those were chromed, or rather hard chromed or matt chromed like the bren tens steel slide was the 645 was completely stock with its brushed stainless finish and gloss grips and it was an early 1985 or 86 model so it was rough around the edges compaired to the latter 645's with the matt grips which seemed to have a smoother brushed finish on them and overal seemed to be a much nicer gun with a higher quality fit and finish just from the look of it For example heres an early 645 Just like Crockett's in the show, made in 85 or 86'http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5450&stc=1&d=1329203543http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5451&stc=1&d=1329203545http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5452&stc=1&d=1329203546which is very rough looking close up, just like his in the show:Eingefügtes Bildprobably just like the one Jeff Cooper, the man behind the bren ten's design tested in 85 or 86 and described as very scratchy feeling and rough around the edges, that he didnt like the positioning of the safety, the fact that it couldnt be carried cocked and locked like a 1911 like his bren ten could meaning that it cant have a SA trigger the first shot unless its cocked by hand first.and trigger consistency is EVERYTHING to accuracy and thats part of the reason why I've gone completely the way of the revolver when it comes to guns as they have one consistant trigger pull and its heavy enough so that you'd have to be really trying to have an AD with one, unlike with a glock or 1911 where people have shot themseleves by accident with them on more than one occasion.even if there trained on it.although he did say the thing was still a 100% reliable and that it was a 100% stainless, but thats about all the good things he said about it.However the bren ten and CZ 75 design had the ideal soloution to this DA/SA thing with semi autos, it gives you the option to carry it cocked and locked with a standard 5 pound goverment single action trigger if you know your going into action and you'll need it for a match or for war in the military. Or you could leave the safety off and have it be DA for the first shot with a 10 to 15 pound first shot trigger pull which you'd really need to be working with to accidentally discharge with it unlike say a match 1911 trigger with a 2 pound trigger pull or a glock or a normal 5 pound 1911 trigger.and this is a later one, circa probably somewhere between 87 - 88 right before they switched over to the 645/4506 transitional model like he had in S5http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5453&stc=1&d=1329203549http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5454&stc=1&d=1329203552a much nicer looking pistol, about the only thing I would change is the screw for the right side safety therenamely I'd switch it over to a hex pin one or one off of the 4506's right side safety there so if you go for a 645 dont jump for the first one and try and go for one with a matt grip as only the latter ones had that.Now the 4506 was actually a transitional model marked 645 on the frame, the differences are really that noticeable from the photos but in person its apparently got a considerably different feel to it than the 645 and the 4506 somewhatand originally came in a completely beadblasted finish which honestly I really prefer over the brushed finish of the 645 (or atleast the early rough one there) as it reminds me of an interarms PPK I had where the thing felt so rough it felt like it would cut your skin if you rubbed it the wrong way.and it had its slide polished to better show up in the night scenes:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15718-Crockett-s-5th-Season-4506just like this one except with the stock grips

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbyXP6Ajb3M

and thats not a chroming job on it, someone just polished the slide with some mothers mag polish

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtBmVR9FiO4

something I wish they would have reversed as I badly missed the matt chrome/hard chrome slide look over a polished stainless frame of the bren ten from the early seasons in S3Eingefügtes Bild

post-592-13892964197752_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964198094_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964198429_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964198771_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296419939_thumb.jpg

probably just like the one Jeff Cooper" data-date=" the man behind the bren ten">

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5453&stc=1&d=1329203549http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5454&stc=1&d=1329203552a much nicer looking pistol, about the only thing I would change is the screw for the right side safety therenamely I'd switch it over to a hex pin one or one off of the 4506's right side safety there so if you go for a 645 dont jump for the first one and try and go for one with a matt grip as only the latter ones had that.Now the 4506 was actually a transitional model marked 645 on the frame, the differences are really that noticeable from the photos but in person its apparently got a considerabily different feel to it than the 645 and the 4506 somewhatand originally came in a completely beadblasted finish which honestly I really prefer over the brushed finish of the 645 (or atleast the early rough one there) as it reminds me of an interarms PPK I had where the thing felt so rough it felt like it would cut your skin if you rubbed it the wrong way.and it had its slide polished to better show up in the night scenes:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15718-Crockett-s-5th-Season-4506just like this one except with the stock grips

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbyXP6Ajb3M

and thats not a chroming job on it, someone just polished the slide with some mothers mag polish

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtBmVR9FiO4

something I wish they would have reversed as I badly missed the matt chrome/hard chrome slide look over a polished stainless frame of the bren ten from the early seasons in S3Eingefügtes Bild
Like the huge bren ten, these S&W pistols sure look beautiful!I really appreciate your info Kavinsky, in fact, knowing you, I wouldn't expect anything less. You really know your guns.With all the info I just got, my head is spinning. I have no idea what I want to do. Nothing really stands out as a pistol I wish to own. They all sound great, but have flaws, or are hard to find.Once again, I don't know what to do. I want a big pistol like Crockett used, or something that looks like it. They all have a similar appearance, which I like. Visually, the bren ten is just so bad ass looking, I almost wish I had it based on just looks (which is stupid). Look at that AWESOME barrel on the bren ten! Scary cool.I love the info the Gun experts here! I always know, if I have a gun question, there is ALWAYS someone who can answer it!

Now unfortunately the 4506/645 transitional model he had was sort of a... well as the name implies a transitional model and thus not widely made and it used the 645 frame and slide as its basis.although they do say 645 on the frame and they do pop up but they are a rarity however the normal 4506 looks more or less exactly like it

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LaUqf-74mg

that one has had its rear sight replaced with a novak carry sight but save for that its pretty much all stock and it only had a square trigger guard like his from 87 - 89 as they rounded the trigger guard and removed the extra cut on the frame for the 1990 design for the sake of the holster makers and the cost of making it.however when it comes to customisation the guns rigged up for novak sights from the getgo and the 10mm grips for the third gens all work with the 4506, however for that grip you trade in the checkered backstrap thats actually part of the gun and the normal style grips that anyone could make for youalthough its got far better looking front checkering on it than the 645 there.plus the front sight aint exactly rigged up to work well in a holster either as its got a sharp edge on it that will catch and cut into a holster its put in unlike with the 645's rounded front sight therebest way to sum up the 4506 is this, two steps forward (namely the beadblasted matt finish and the checkering) three steps back (the grips that require a punch to take off rather than a simple screw driver for cleaning and the hump the front sight sits on and the front sight itself)truth be told though I damn near bought the 4506 based on the finish alone but the sights stopped me along with that grip, so if I see a 645 like the latter one there I'm going for that instead plus well you can actually have it beadblasted just like the 4506http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5456&stc=1&d=1329206815http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5457&stc=1&d=1329206817and even have the front sight replaced in such a way that it actually blends in with the rest of the gun rather nicely, plus have the checkering redone on the front straphttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5455&stc=1&d=1329206814however what I'm going to shoot for with mine once I find a latter 645 is probably going to be a combination of a few things, namely the redone front strap checkering, the front sight of the above gun and only a beadblasted slide to mimic the bren ten's look like on this 952http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blogspot.com/2008/08/smith-wesson-competition-pistols-part.htmlexcept have the entire slide beadblasted, I mean after all if your going to be a bear you might as well be a grizzly also the 645 might need a little trigger work apparently theres a slight hitch in the SA, no biggey though and this isnt going to be something that happens imediately, I'm going to leave it stock for awhile and live with it to see what it needs donethe most damning thing about all of this was just trying to figure out why some 645's looked better than others

post-592-13892964200008_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964200626_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964201317_thumb.jpg

Now unfortunately the 4506/645 transitional model he had was sort of a... well as the name implies a transitional model and thus not widely madehowever the normal 4506 looks more or less exactly like it and it only had a square trigger guard like his from 87 - 89 as they rounded the trigger guard and removed the extra cut on the frame for the 1990 design for the sake of the holster makers and the cost of making it.however when it comes to customisation the guns rigged up for novak sights from the getgo and the 10mm grips for the third gens all work with the 4506' date=' however for that grip you trade in the checkered backstrap thats actually part of the gun and the normal style grips that anyone could make for youalthough its got far better front checkering on it than the 645 there.plus the front sight aint exactly rigged up to work well in a holster either as its got a sharp edge on it that will catch and cut into a holster its put in unlike with the 645's rounded front sight therebest way to sum up the 4506 is this, two steps forward (namely the beadblasted matt finish and the checkering) three steps back (the grips that require a punch to take off rather than a simple screw driver for cleaning and the hump the front sight sits on and the front sight itself)[/quote']Thanks Kavinsky!