My Vice Moment

Dadrian

I had a Vice moment on my birthday yesterday. I had a birthday dinner and came home a little late. I cycled home listening to some great music from the show. When I got home and turned the key to unlock my door, “In the Night†by Russ Ballard was playing. Thank goodness I didn’t find a half eaten donut in my living room !!!:D

I had a Vice moment on my birthday yesterday. I had a birthday dinner and came home a little late. I cycled home listening to some great music from the show. When I got home and turned the key to unlock my door' date=' “In the Night†by Russ Ballard was playing. Thank goodness I didn’t find a half eaten donut in my living room !!!:D[/quote']Hope you had a great Birthday!:cheers:

I have a mexican restaurant not far from me' date=' and although it is open for business, I usually don't see ANYONE in it, and when I do when I drive by, there is usually one or two people in there. I've driven by at lunch and dinner. It's always the same. I have absolutely no idea how it stays in buisness. I won't eat there because if there is no business, I don't want to eat food that is just sitting.[/quote']It could be a front for laundering drug money.

I was watching the pre-game ceremonies for Opening Night at Fenway Park for tonight's Red Sox/Yankees game earlier.Former Red Sox ace Pedro Martinez was introduced to throw out the first pitch, and while he was making his way to the pitcher's mound from the outfield, they played "In the Air Tonight." Then they played it again after he threw out the first pitch. I haven't seen the video of it uploaded yet, but I'll look tomorrow and will post it if I find it. :clap: :clap: :radio::fireworks:

• 4 months later...

Each time I see a car like this, I start laughing hysterically recollecting the stolen concrete mixer.And each time I wonder, if the owner of the car park watched the showEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

The moment I saw these two trucks I thought of Switek and Zito's bug van! :) I also remembered the scene from a certain episode when Izzy and Noogie were trying to sell a (cement mixer?) truck to some gangster... The title of the episode escapes me right now because I may not have been paying attention to it - I really like Izzy and his peculiar English :D but somehow I can't stand Noogie the Noogman :eek:My Vice moments happen almost any time I drive at night in my not so old but 1980s style car, especially when the road ahead of me is empty - which doesn't happen very often... I like listening to the Ward Brothers or, obviously, Dire Straits or Phil Collins then. Not a very original moment, I know, but this is how I feel...

and by the way, several days ago I saw a van with a huge dragonfly on top. It made me think about the bug van. On the side of this one was an adverticement "Non standard parties"Unfortunately I didn't have a photocamera with me:cry:

Van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag' date=' Marilyn! :blumen::blumen::blumen::blumen:[/quote'] Dziekuję bardzo!! My birthday was a while ago but your Dutch is stunning!!!

Dziekuję bardzo!! My birthday was a while ago but your Dutch is stunning!!!

I know I'm late :cry: but I find it difficult to catch up with all those threads and posts especially as I keep spamming your great message board with my posts! My Dutch isn't stunning and never was, ik heb bijna allemaal vergeten :cry: but in fact I used to be fairly communicative in it in the early 1990s... De goede oude tijd :( I'd like to brush it up some time in the future but in fact I hardly lead any personal life now... It's living hell but this is not the place to discuss it... I should really stick to my Facebook motto: "Who says I'm not terrified? I've just learned not to dwell on it." - but it's too hard and I'm not Sonny...Sometimes I watch BVN on my satellite TV or read something on the Internet but I hardly use the language actively now... Sorry for yet another off-topic.

At least you speak better Dutch than I speak Polish. My brother lived in Poland for a while so I remember a couple of things but I never had the time to really learn it myself.Thanks for your congratulations, I really appreciate it!

I rarely go to the center of the city at night. Eingefügtes BildBut each time I see a draw bridge, I recollect this guy and even start looking at people around me (to see if there are any strange people covered in flour :D:D:D )Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

What a beautiful drawbridge! I know that St. Petersburg is beautiful and this amazing photo confirms this fact!As far as I remember, drawbridges appeared in quite a few MV episodes.And I liked "Shadow in the Dark" so much although this weirdo was so disturbing...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Co-incidentally, I had two seperate 'vice' moments this afternoon....The first incidence occured as I was taking my usual short-cut through the empty Holden car yard, that had previously closed and moved premises....only today, there was one black sports car parked on it's lonesome! I immediately thought of the Daytona, even though I knew this was a convertible of a different model! :p The second incidence occured at an appointment I attended, where I was waiting for my name to be called out.....during that period, a lady by the name of 'Natalie Crockett' was called out!! :eek:

My vice moment happens every couple of weeks after washing my car. Works best with a black car.As you drive down a lite street at night time' date=' lean over the steering wheel and watch the street lights reflect off the clean hood. I can almost hear "In The Air Tonight" playing in the background! Haha... I get a kick out of this every time but my friends think I'm nuts.[/quote']Happens to me too, always in summer, with my black 911 convertible! :)But, a few years ago, was a Vice moment, I can't forget. That time, I was driving my Golf 3 convertible and listened to "In the air tonight", in the night. A red traffic light stopped me, but at the same time as green came, the drum solo began to play. It was just like, Sonny jumped into the Daytona after calling Caroline. :D

• 4 weeks later...

On the side of this one was an adverticement "Non standard parties"Unfortunately I didn't have a photocamera with me:cry:

WOW! My friend made some photos of their cars![ATTACH=CONFIG]4456[/ATTACH]

post-1120-13892963724146_thumb.jpg

LNGLK, the picture of the Rockwell page is so awesome, it makes me want to weep, weep sweet mojito-tasting tears. Bonus: '80s guy with gelled up hair popping his collar. Whoever wrote this book is stellar.

LNGLK' date=' the picture of the Rockwell page is so awesome, it makes me want to weep, weep sweet mojito-tasting tears. Bonus: '80s guy with gelled up hair popping his collar. Whoever wrote this book is stellar.[/quote']The book is HORRIBLRE! (IMHO), but the pictures... well, not bad

Had a vice moment a few weeks back. Was at work at 05:45 and the Miami Vice, original theme, was played on my local radio station. Unbelievable. Called my wife, who was at work. She said "what do you want, I'm at work" and told her "this is the best radio station because they are playing the miami vice theme". She just said "youre so cute". She told them in the kitchen, at her work, and they thought it was cool I would ring her for that.:D

Had a vice moment a few weeks back. Was at work at 05:45 and the Miami Vice' date=' original theme, was played on my local radio station. Unbelievable. Called my wife, who was at work. She said "what do you want, I'm at work" and told her "this is the best radio station because they are playing the miami vice theme". She just said "youre so cute". She told them in the kitchen, at her work, and they thought it was cool I would ring her for that.:D[/quote']:) Yeah, that is cute and funny!Was it played in its entirety, or just as an intro or in promoting something?I'm in Sydney, matey. :thumbsup:

:) Yeah' date=' that is cute and funny!Was it played in its entirety, or just as an intro or in promoting something?I'm in Sydney, matey. :thumbsup:[/quote'] It was played in its entirety, that was what surprised me.I'm from Sydney but in Hervey Bay now.:cheers:

When I saw it, I was thinking for a long time that I had definitely seen it somewhere. But I was unable to recollect anything[ATTACH=CONFIG]4517[/ATTACH]And then when I was rewatching "The Lost Madonna" I understood what made me make a photo from that angle :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]4518[/ATTACH]

post-1120-13892963759215_thumb.jpg

post-1120-13892963759375_thumb.jpg

I was watching a property show today & they showed a house, the commentary was all about how it was a Miami Vice house with lots of dreadful puns! ...That was my MV moment today.Last night my mind was cast back when I saw Beverley D'angelo in a movie about John List (man who mudered his entire family back in the 60's) she played his wife.Tim laughs when I say...'see...every day i can reference something MV related'...