Sonny's watch; adjustments in eps.

timm525

• Administrators

I've noticed in a few eps. that Sonny's watch comes undone and he has to re-clasp it. Here are the two eps. I've notice.The Maze: at the end arresting the kid on the roof watch comes undone and you can see him stand up and fix it.Buddies: Shooting at the guys chasing after Dorthy when they go to her hotel to find her. Again same thing.How many others can you all point out?

• Like 1

That's too funny!I never noticed that before. Now I'm going to have to take a look!!!Funny thing is I have the Rolex Oyster Gold Day/Date watch EXACTLY the same as what he wears and the damn thing is VERY DIFFICULT to undo! I keep breaking nails off when I try to undo the watch as there is only a small heart shaped pin thing on the back of the clasp that grabs the other side of the centre section. It really clicks when you do it up, and is just as difficult to undo?????

The wristband is the weakness of the Oyster model, it is widely known and documented. If you ever change for a sub, a GMT II or a sea dweller you'll see the difference right away.

• 2 years later...

I've noticed in a few eps. that Sonny's watch comes undone and he has to re-clasp it. Here are the two eps. I've notice.The Maze: at the end arresting the kid on the roof watch comes undone and you can see him stand up and fix it.Buddies: Shooting at the guys chasing after Dorthy when they go to her hotel to find her. Again same thing.How many others can you all point out?

Never noticed those examples before, but he does adjust, or resnap his rolex right after he handcuffs the guy who is dusted, and slaps his girlfriend around when he babbles about her making cakes and cupcakes in the begining of SCORE. It's quite obvious.

Hold on I thought the rolex was a S1 only kinda deal with that clasp as with season 2 they went to an ebel watch which I think had a stretchband on it and Stinger why not go with one of those stretchbands like this one I use for my omega watch?http://www.iorio.com/watch/omega/images/jk0e868e-sm.JPGmine isnt this artzy as that one though and I actually got it at a watchstand at the local mall which is just down the way from the watch retailer who deals in high end watches, actually I went to him first and he directed me in their direction.

Hold on I thought the rolex was a S1 only kinda deal with that clasp as with season 2 they went to an ebel watch which I think had a stretchband on it and Stinger why not go with one of those stretchbands like this one I use for my omega watch?http://www.iorio.com/watch/omega/images/jk0e868e-sm.JPGmine isnt this artzy as that one though and I actually got it at a watchstand at the local mall which is just down the way from the watch retailer who deals in high end watches' date=' actually I went to him first and he directed me in their direction.[/quote']Ebel's wave band looks like it, but it is not a stretch band.

Ebel's wave band looks like it' date=' but it is not a stretch band.[/quote']You're correct.Sonny's watch in the 2nd season is Ebel 1911 Chronograph with El Primero movement. The watch in the example pictures (enclosed) is two-tone but Sonny wore a full gold version.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

In the 4th season he switched to a newer model of the 1911 Chronograph. Again, it was probably full gold instead of two-tone.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I've seen those pictures somewhere before......;):)Wouldn't mind owning those watches.

Me neither.Ebels are very nice. This is the modern equivalent to 1911. It's called BTR.Eingefügtes BildRetail is high but you can get these for around $3K. The movement is very fine... developed from Lemania excessively for Ebel and Breguet.

Me neither.Ebels are very nice. This is the modern equivalent to 1911. It's called BTR.Eingefügtes BildRetail is high but you can get these for around $3K. The movement is very fine... developed from Lemania excessively for Ebel and Breguet.

3K? That's too cheap for me. I'll buy the solid gold versions.

3K? That's too cheap for me. I'll buy the solid gold versions.

:) I agree, it does look 'cheap'.I'm not into watches, but the ebel two tone is a beautiful, stylish looking watch.

:) I agree' date=' it does look 'cheap'.I'm not into watches, but the ebel two tone is a beautiful, stylish looking watch.[/quote']Only solid 18k gold for me.

I'm not usually a fan of multi dial watches but I do really like the ones he had so I'll have to put that on the to buy list (along with the daytona) for further down the linealthough when it comes to modern watch designs atleast when it comes to omega ill take my old seamaster over the new ones anyday, partly because I like the font of the old ones better and the smaller caseMine Eingefügtes Bildnot quite my watch though as the band is different on mine and its more rectangular looking, almost exactly like this one:http://www.nextdaywatches.com/propo_image.php?img=pimages%2F1133_IMG1.jpg&w=384&h=384Vs the new oneEingefügtes Bildbasically like most things I prefer the old one over the new one, plus its a family heirloom. my father bought it brand new in 1962 and after I bumped into a guy at a gun show who pointed me to a guy in watertown who could fix it (and he did) he let me keep it, cant beat that and its kept perfect time since then.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...