7 CROCKETT BLAZERS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Yeah' date=' I don't know how they did the listing of clothes at the end credits, or why two of the top designers never got mentioned in the credits. I remember seeing HUGO BOSS, and MADONNA MAN, and I think PARACHUTE.You look like one cool dude. We should hang out pal. Let's go meet some ladies bro! :thumbsup:Years ago, a friend of mine used to say, "Let's go smoke a beer together". I used to use that line as the unofficial greeting on .org for years. It's a friendly saying that basicly means, "Let me buy ya beer dude, I think your cool, let's hang out." :)I think I'll bring the saying back to THIS Vice website.[/quote']One of the things they never did (that I can remember) on the credits was say something like "Don Johnson's wardrobe provided by..." they left it wide open, so us fans would have to do the research (which obviously you have done), I guess there was a reason for that. As for hanging, it sounds like you're on the west coast (unless I'm wrong) and I'm down here in vice-land, but we can always meet up virtually here :). You can usually find me "walking the drive" as we say, on weekends with an occaisional stop at "Mangos Tropical Cafe" (PMT hangs out there on occaision) or the ultimate Vice location, the Clevelander Hotel (that place is always going until the wee hours and then they "hose it down" (literally) around 6am and it turns back into a Hotel, kind of funny)...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Beach_Vice

• Brother in Arms

• mvnyc

One of the things they never did (that I can remember) on the credits was say something like "Don Johnson's wardrobe provided by..." they left it wide open' date=' so us fans would have to do the research (which obviously you have done), I guess there was a reason for that. As for hanging, it sounds like you're on the west coast (unless I'm wrong) and I'm down here in vice-land, but we can always meet up virtually here :). You can usually find me "walking the drive" as we say, on weekends with an occaisional stop at "Mangos Tropical Cafe" (PMT hangs out there on occaision) or the ultimate Vice location, the Clevelander Hotel (that place is always going until the wee hours and then they "hose it down" (literally) around 6am and it turns back into a Hotel, kind of funny)...[/quote']If I ever make it to Florida, let's smoke a beer together. :thumbsup:

Here's a few more from my collection.Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes BildHere's an odd' date=' yet interesting blazer. Not exactly something Crockett might wear' date=' but nontheless, interesting. The lines in the design all lines up perfectly, so it was put together by a real pro. I bought it because it's different. Not sure I'll ever wear it, I just wanted it because it's different. What do you think? Do you like it, or hate it? Think it's an interesting design? Think it's ugly? Let me know what you think, and post a reply.[/quote'']
Eingefügtes BildThis is a linen shirt' date=' worn like Crockett in the teaser of ONE EYED JACK, & SCORE PT 1, It's not the same one, but in the style of it.It's very light weight.[/quote']Not many replies to these jackets I posted earlier, I guess they suck. LOL! Let's face it, they aren't as good as the first jackets I posted, but I was asked to post more, so, I did. :thumbsup:

Great jackets, C & B. If I could find these, I'd be on them like white on rice. Or, er, since the jackets would be on my, they would be on me like white on rice. Something like that.I wanna smoke a beer too.

Wait, I'll reply, I did ask after all. The shirt is great. Looks like the right thing to wear on a hot day. Collarless makes it look relaxed. That grey jacket isn't my favorite but that's because it looks like it has a fuzzy texture. Maybe that comes across wrong in the pics. Maybe it's the blue grey theme, IDK, maybe an orange/peach colored shirt would change my opinion.The pink jacket is cool, but, like I say about all pink jackets, that would take a lot of inspiration to wear. It would be more of a lighthearted, going out to the horse races with the funny crowd kind of jacket. That would be my only excuse; to have friends laugh at it, but it making sense for the occasion. Man, that's a risky jacket now a days. I don't know if you've worn it, but it'd be interesting to hear what kind or reaction you get. Anything worn with confidence looks good though. Not nose high confidence, but no attention paid to what you're wearing confidence. Question though, is that a grey shirt underneath, or a purple shirt? I'd like to see what the original advertising showed that jacket paired with color wise. Just my opinion though, What are your thoughts, and how frequently do you wear them?

Great jackets' date=' C & B. If I could find these, I'd be on them like white on rice. Or, er, since the jackets would be on my, they would be on me like white on rice. Something like that.I wanna smoke a beer too.[/quote']CharlieGlide,.......Let's smoke a beer together! (This, like on .org, is the unoffical friendly greeting to a friend.) :thumbsup:

Wait' date=' I'll reply, I did ask after all. The shirt is great. Looks like the right thing to wear on a hot day. Collarless makes it look relaxed. That grey jacket isn't my favorite but that's because it looks like it has a fuzzy texture. Maybe that comes across wrong in the pics. Maybe it's the blue grey theme, IDK, maybe an orange/peach colored shirt would change my opinion.The pink jacket is cool, but, like I say about all pink jackets, that would take a lot of inspiration to wear. It would be more of a lighthearted, going out to the horse races with the funny crowd kind of jacket. That would be my only excuse; to have friends laugh at it, but it making sense for the occasion. Man, that's a risky jacket now a days. I don't know if you've worn it, but it'd be interesting to hear what kind or reaction you get. Anything worn with confidence looks good though. Not nose high confidence, but no attention paid to what you're wearing confidence. Question though, is that a grey shirt underneath, or a purple shirt? I'd like to see what the original advertising showed that jacket paired with color wise. Just my opinion though, What are your thoughts, and how frequently do you wear them?[/quote']Your observations are excellent ones. The shirt under the multicolored / striped jacket is a grey shirt. The multistriped jacket might be worn to a pool party, or to the beach...but I just can't see me wearing it. I just wanted it because it's unusal. I WILL wear a pastel pink blazer, as I own one, and posted the pictures in another thread. It is hard for me to get the courage to wear it in public, but I have. The more I wear it in public, the more I get used to it, and not thinking everyone is looking at me. Most people don't even glance at me.Thank you for you comments!

If I ever make it to Florida' date=' let's smoke a beer together. :thumbsup:[/quote']Or we could "drink a smoke", but that might be a little tougher and we'd be coughing our heads off :)

Or we could "drink a smoke"' date=' but that might be a little tougher and we'd be coughing our heads off :)[/quote']:D Exactly! :)

Hey Coop' date=' I just bought a new jacket and it's very MV. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I'll post pics when I get time, probably tomorrow. It's kind of season 4ish. I'll let you guys be the judge.[/quote']Still looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Here's something I have never told anyone. On my days off, I go to a local coffee shop, and ALWAYS wear a different blazer everytime I go in. Then I sit outside drinking it, and people watch. Always with my raybans and rolex on. I wonder what the coffee servers think? I wonder what the customers think!? I keep wondering if anyone will say something, like, are you rich? That's a unique jacket. Hey good looking, wanna F-me? :) So far, they have always been professional, and just asked the usual, "want room for cream"? "Do you have a coffee card with us? Wanna join?" etc. Just small talk. It's an experiment, not sure how it will end up. I've done this for about 7 months now or longer.You may want to try pastel shirts at THE GAP. That's where I get mine. Not sure what they have online, or in the stores in the winter, but in spring/summer, they have the greatest pastel shirts. Every year, the pastel color changes a bit. One blue may be lighter the following year etc. I love the shirts at THE GAP.Perhaps I should show more jackets on this thread when I get the time.The blue SMUGGLER'S BLUES jacket I have is a two button version (Crockett's most common button type), and the original is one button. Mine has patch pockets (also common) but the original has slash pockets. Both mine, and the original are half lined, and ventless in the back. It's one of the VERY HARDEST colors to come by in a blazer...VERY HARD to find just that right color.

NOW if you were to be sat at the coffee shop dow the main street from me I would instantly be aware of what you were wearing as I have a MV radar on at all times. Whether I would say anything is a different matter being the shy retiring type. BUT my curiosity would probably get the better of me eventually & i would have to ask. Living in England, generally wet & cold, a man sat in a coffee shop in pastels would be a refreshing change I have to say. And how lovely not to have trousers that are hanging off the bum so us ladies can see the 'crack'..or builders bum as we call it. lolThe blazer with the grey/pink puts me in mind of neopolitan ice cream, i may have an overwhelming urge to lick it lol (did i just type that out loud) :o

NOW if you were to be sat at the coffee shop dow the main street from me I would instantly be aware of what you were wearing as I have a MV radar on at all times. Whether I would say anything is a different matter being the shy retiring type. BUT my curiosity would probably get the better of me eventually & i would have to ask. Living in England' date=' generally wet & cold, a man sat in a coffee shop in pastels would be a refreshing change I have to say. And how lovely not to have trousers that are hanging off the bum so us ladies can see the 'crack'..or builders bum as we call it. lolThe blazer with the grey/pink puts me in mind of neopolitan ice cream, i may have an overwhelming urge to lick it lol (did i just type that out loud) :o[/quote']That would be a great fantasy of mine. Me, with a pastel blazer on, sitting outside with my raybans on, sipping coffee by myself at a table with one empty chair. A cute woman walks by and pauses, then quietly, and shyly asks if I was a fan of MIAMI VICE. When I say that I am, she makes some small talk, and I slowly push the empty chair towards her with my leg, and offer her a seat. She sits down, and the rest is history.As per your description of the stiped blazer.......looks like I better start wearing it! ;):happy::thumbsup:

That would be a great fantasy of mine. Me' date=' with a pastel blazer on, sitting outside with my raybans on, sipping coffee by myself at a table with one empty chair. A cute woman walks by and pauses, then quietly, and shyly asks if I was a fan of MIAMI VICE. When I say that I am, she makes some small talk, and I slowly push the empty chair towards her with my leg, and offer her a seat. She sits down, and the rest is history.As per your description of the stiped blazer.......looks like I better start wearing it! ;):happy::thumbsup:[/quote']OMG,COOPER I can imagine that scene sounds like a definitely Miami scene.Maybe up to a hotel room or beach house afterwards;)

OMG' date='COOPER I can imagine that scene sounds like a definitely Miami scene.Maybe up to a hotel room or beach house afterwards;)[/quote']That would certainly make for a "happy ending". :thumbsup:

That would be a great fantasy of mine. Me' date=' with a pastel blazer on, sitting outside with my raybans on, sipping coffee by myself at a table with one empty chair. A cute woman walks by and pauses, then quietly, and shyly asks if I was a fan of MIAMI VICE. When I say that I am, she makes some small talk, and I slowly push the empty chair towards her with my leg, and offer her a seat. She sits down, and the rest is history.As per your description of the stiped blazer.......looks like I better start wearing it! ;):happy::thumbsup:[/quote']With the inclement English weather you maybe indoors lol BUT perhaps I could be holidaying in Miami. As for the small talk well it would include an invitation to survey my MV collection, transatlantic flight allowing of course ;)

With the inclement English weather you maybe indoors lol BUT perhaps I could be holidaying in Miami. As for the small talk well it would include an invitation to survey my MV collection' date=' transatlantic flight allowing of course ;)[/quote']Your addition to my fantasy certainly makes it even better! :happy:

• 2 months later...
Coop' date='The loop gets flipped up and inserted into the belt buckle pin. It is offset because it sits behind the overlap, i.e. it gets hooked into the pin before the belt gets inserted. Of course it's sacrilege for MV fans.Cheers[/quote']O.K., thanks BrenTen.Just like you said, I have no plans as a vice fan to use it! :) Belt? What's that?? :)

Hey Coop,These is some of the fabrics and patterns that I made pics of in 86.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5587[/ATTACH]

Coop' date='The loop gets flipped up and inserted into the belt buckle pin. It is offset because it sits behind the overlap, i.e. it gets hooked into the pin before the belt gets inserted. Of course it's sacrilege for MV fans.Cheers[/quote']

post-10966-13892964248813_thumb.jpg

hi , cool your blazer cooper & burnett:clap::clap:, oh shame pitty, in germany the blazer isen,t for sale:cry: i am a fan of germany community Only In Miami Is Cuba So Far Away:radio:

hi ' date=' cool your blazer cooper & burnett:clap::clap:, oh shame pitty, in germany the blazer isen,t for sale:cry: i am a fan of germany community Only In Miami Is Cuba So Far Away:radio:[/quote']Thanks my friend! Yeah, sorry, these aren't for sale, as I'm a collector, not a seller. Also, I get many PM's from people wanting to know where to find these currently. They were made in extremely small numbers in the 80's, and haven't made them in about 27-28 years ago. They were originally sold in Germany, Italy, U.S., and other countries. Thank you again for your very kind comments! :tasse_prost:

:cool::cool:oh thank you my friend crockett & burnett, i am your brother in arms.:cheers: my friend.:cool:Only In Miami Is Cuba So Far Away :radio::clap::cool: