Photos from 2004 MV Convention

Richie Rich

EJ... Damn, can't believe that was so long ago. I can't remember why I couldn't make it. I know they worked in earnest to make it a good time. I remember a few extras from the show showed up, and Phanie Napoli (Calderone's daughter). I'm sure had I shown up I would've been remembered as the guy showed up to every event with drinks and tried to get everyone liquored up. The only thing is that the dance would've been no fun for me, I could probably bust out a few of my Vice moves or "the worm" or something.

Those are EJ's pics, or Sonnys EJ from the old site.I can't belive that was (4) years ago either. Phanni was great, Mark McCaully and his wife were really wonderful. It's funny to see him now in "Burn Notice" and think that I sat and talked to him for a couple of hours.I made some really good friends at that event....my wife (Pam) even did some work with a girl we met there, and stayed in touch for quite a while after.Looking back (4) years later, I don't think I'd change one thing about the entire event....INCLUDING Jake Byrd!!!!!!

• Like 1

Guest The Talk

Funny story:(how some pieces of a puzzle fit together someday)Some weeks ago I found this almost identical link to the one of Richie Rich:http://family.webshots.com/album/197810991Iljtir?start=0For the guest star entries of the glossary I googled the web for a homepage etc. of Phanie Napoli and found this link. As I didn't find time to make a post out of the information I saved the link on my computer to care for at a later date. A few days ago I viewd the member photos here on .ws and stumpled upon the one of Nash3333.Something leaped in my mind: "I've seen him before" and recalled the pictures of Phanie.As it looks like we've come full circle. @ nash3333Reading your post today I guess my sudden inspiration was right: Are you the man (Rick) who is on one of these photos?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Talk

@ Nash3333For better it is you now.;) The beaming eyes :glossy: of your wife show that she is happy - that's what counts.:thumbsup:What kind of picture was this "Miami Vice Convention Plaque"?Do you have a photo which you could post here if you want to?

Sonny's EJ is the one who organized & ran the 2004 convention......for better or worse! She was criticised for not having a bigger affair & for doing everything herself, so she no longer posts on .org. & probably doesn't know about this site. I couldn't attend because we lost our electric at home & had to cancel our reservations at the Alexander. I was very disappointed but am still hoping to have a 2009 Convention. Let you know soon if we can!

Sonny's EJ ... She was criticised for not having a bigger affair & for doing everything herself' date=' so she no longer posts on .org. & probably doesn't know about this site. [/quote']Wow, what a shame.With the number of MV guest stars that she had show up for the convention, I was thinking what a fantastic job she had done. That's disappointing to hear that people felt they needed to blast her for not being perfect.I hope that is some somber news for you, Tony.

2004 MV ConventionWhat a nice tribute to Rick and EJ. I wish she was on here so she could see how she was appreciated. All I can say is that we had a great time and it was an event I will never forget. Thanks to all who were there!MJ

• 3 months later...

Just saw some of the pics!!! Seemed like a good time. I know we've gone through the prospects of another convention in another thread, but it would be good wouldn't it...Anyway, maybe some time next year! btw, the Superbowl will be in Miami in Feb 2010 won't it? Wouldn't that be a great time to coincide a MV convention?!

didn't this convention get thwarted by that maniac from the jimmy kimmel show?i stumbled on this youtube vid awhile back, and, although i feel very bad for everyone involved, i have to admit that it's pretty funny, but mostly ridicuous. EJ was pissed! rightly so...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwTLkKT9wsI

Who were the people in the youtube video? Are there any from this site? Are Elizabeth and Rick on this site? Sorry, I don't know all the people here very well...

i'm assuming EJ is elizabeth, but i could be wrong. nash3333 said he was rick in an earlier post in this thread, but i don't know if that's the same rick as the video.

if you look at the friday's album on the bus tour, you can see the ABC film crew pics with the jake byrd lunatic standing by. for anyone who was there, i'm sorry for bringing up a painful memory :)

2004 convention - That was fun!

WOW! I can't believe Jimmy Kimmel's man crashed the 2004 convention! Never knew that!

Yeah, I'd almost gotten Jake out of my memory. He was pretty obnoxious. ABC hid the fact that it was going to be like that. It was supposed to be some nice convention coverage, not like that idiot did. EJ did a very nice job. I for one was very grateful, as I had just been out of the hospital after being diagnosed with Diabetes. We had a lot of fun and saw Vice locations and Jan Hammer, and as someone else said Phanie, and Bob one of the police consultants, and it was a very nice gathering. The views were spetacular, and I'll never forget it for the rest of my life. Also MJ came to my rescue by giving me some water since I was nuts enough not to have any with me. The convention was squeezed in between Hurricanes that year::)

i think i'm gonna invite jake to the 2009 convention.just kidding :)i'm sure he has a restraining order now :)

I don't understand why the guys didn't take Jake out behind one of the hotels and adjust his attitude. When the cameraman was not around- of course.

• Haha 1

Ya, that's what Crockett would have done. If we ever have a get together and Jake shows up we should remember we are fans of Rico and Sonny not Don Knox's character in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken."

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, S.FL84 said:

When is the next MV convention?  Or is there even one scheduled?

I don’t believe I’ve seen anything scheduled at all.