Episode #45 "When Irish Eyes Are Crying"

Ferrariman

1 hour ago, Tom said:

looks like season 4 promo. I posted many of them in the BTS thread.  There were no promo shots taken in season 3 with Gina and Trudy.

Interesting...thanks for info. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

OK I am terrible for details, so why are Larry and Stan wearing shorts and socks? and why is Rico still wearing his cover glasses in the strategy room? 

Edited by RedDragon86

I think Larry and Stan looked like clowns the whole series by design—so much I never even noticed the socks and shorts here. Stan spiffed up a little for S5 though.

As for the glasses, maybe Tubbs was trying to stay in character for his Tupo bit? :) 

We saw  quite a few avenues of fashion tried in S3, and some were indeed not so good. How about Tubbs in the fedora at the end of Streetwise:eek:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I think Larry and Stan looked like clowns the whole series by design—so much I never even noticed the socks and shorts here. Stan spiffed up a little for S5 though.

As for the glasses, maybe Tubbs was trying to stay in character for his Tupo bit? :) 

We saw  quite a few avenues of fashion tried in S3, and some were indeed not so good. How about Tubbs in the fedora at the end of Streetwise:eek:

The glasses point is very good.

I still like this episode, its just the little detail that irritate me.

Sandra puts in maybe her best performance after "Bought and Paid For" imo.

I like the actor who played Eddie Kaye, he should have been in another episode and Walter Gotell was very good also.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

The glasses point is very good.

I still like this episode, its just the little detail that irritate me.

Sandra puts in maybe her best performance after "Bought and Paid For" imo.

I like the actor who played Eddie Kaye, he should have been in another episode and Walter Gotell was very good also.

Yeah, Jeff Fahey as Eddie Kaye, I totally agree; I think he just wrapped up work on "Psycho III" at the time (I thought he was a great sleaze-o-rama:) there). I also thought Fahey was excellent in the 1990 film "Impulse" (I feel Theresa Russell was awesome there as well). Back in the late 1990s I worked with a woman at my uncle's car wash who went to high school with Jeff Fahey; she said he was really cool in school.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Fahey is/was a buddy of DJ if I recall. Had a short-run series as well. I always liked him in stuff. He surfaces in one of the later seasons of Justified.

Yeah, sounds like DJ; Nick Nolte, Bruce Willis, Jeff Fahey...he tends to make a ton of friends in the business.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:15 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Mine too! 

specially the stinger deal / daytone exploding / and how do i know these are gonna go bang. I love this no-patience-ironic crockett

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 3

On 9/6/2021 at 8:51 PM, RedDragon86 said:

I thought I recognized the bearded guy before, he was in that scene at the VA "Back in the World"

1.png.ce561c37c2d7d17f34aab13aeb09a137.png

2.png.7158d622ed4d28b01d6f50e51e6a02e4.png

The man certainly enjoys his work in munitions, and I think he looks like he could be related to Eddie Kaye. Nice bit of spot casting, now that you brought this to attention (the camo pants in the VA scene in 'Back in the World' are also a nice touch, and something about his facial expression there I really enjoy, although I still take that scene within the episode very seriously).

• Like 1

Season 3 begins with a not-too-enthralling entry.  I'm not particularly interested in a superficial tale about the Irish "Troubles" on a show about "Miami Vice."  It even begins with the worst song of all time, "Imagine." (Even John Lennon himself referred to it as "Working Class Hero" with sugar on it for the squares to enjoy.)

It's engaging seeing a young Liam Neeson as the main guest star.  This, of course, was well before he was a big box-office star.  (I'm not sure what else he did before this episode, aside from playing one of the knights in Excalibur.)  And there's also an awesome Jeff Fahey role (close your eyes, Daytona fans); I know him best as the shaggy rescue pilot on Lost.  And that swinging gal with him at that bar - wow, she's hot, h-a-w-t-t-, hot!

The Gina-Sean relationship came off as contrived, so the big "emotional" finale wasn't as moving as it should have been.  The cool greens and blues in this show's production are nice, but also an indicator of the less bright and sunny look the remaining seasons will have. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2021 at 3:51 AM, RedDragon86 said:

I thought I recognized the bearded guy before, he was in that scene at the VA "Back in the World"

1.png.ce561c37c2d7d17f34aab13aeb09a137.png

2.png.7158d622ed4d28b01d6f50e51e6a02e4.png

This guy has always reminded me of Argentina 1986 world champion soccer player Sergio Batista.

SERGIO BATISTA (ARG)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, apocalypse said:

This guy has always reminded me of Argentina 1986 world champion soccer player Sergio Batista.

SERGIO BATISTA (ARG)

Was that the year of "The Hand of God"?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OCBman said:

Was that the year of "The Hand of God"?

Yes. Batista also played in 1990 when they reached the Wolrd Cup final again but this time lost to Germany.

Solid player and one of the unsung heroes of that era.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Revisited this one last night and this episode has really grew on me, I think it's excellent especially with the writing and the producers were not afraid of seeing things from both sides, maybe that's why the UK didn't want it shown.

We all know that Sandra is not Meryl Streep but she puts in a huge effort, maybe her best? Edward  had some great scenes too with the English guy.

The ending was epic, Jan's music is top notch and the helicopter scene was something new.

9/10.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Revisited this one last night and this episode has really grew on me, I think it's excellent especially with the writing and the producers were not afraid of seeing things form both sides, maybe that's why the UK didn't want it shown.

We all know that Sandra is not Meryl Streep but she puts in a huge effort, maybe her best? Edward  had some great scenes too with the English guy.

The ending was epic, Jan's music is top notch and the helicopter scene was something new.

9/10.

I love this episode as well...Saundra was amazing! :clap:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

In season 3 especially, Jan reused previous season cues.

The one from Florence Italy used in this episode is my favorite.

A youtube comment summed up my feelings about this track:

It just has this scorching swagger that only he could produce.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this one again tonight...one of my Season 3 favorites! Saundra Santiago did a superb job, and it's cool watching a very young Liam Neeson, too, lol! However, Crockett's wardrobe was a little humorous at times. :p Couple photos with captions below: 

Gina.thumb.jpg.875c89142b5eedccf3e12a0fd0650945.jpg

Absolutely breathtaking & mesmerizing!! =)

Crockett.thumb.jpg.3c463fa363b1b8e1878a5f8b03a49ddc.jpg

I know parachute clothes were an 80's thing...but this is ridiculous...more like "Inflatable Crockett", LOL! :) ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2023 at 2:03 PM, ViceFanMan said:

I know parachute clothes were an 80's thing...but this is ridiculous...more like "Inflatable Crockett", LOL! :) ;)

I wish I looked that ridiculous.

But I liked this episode too.

It felt a little weird as a season opener but we now know this was never intended to be that.

• Like 1