What happened to Elvis?

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

Remember Elvis? Crockett's pet alligator from Season 1-3? He seems to have disappeared sometime within Season 3 (although Crockett carried a picture of him on Episode 78 "Love At First Sight"). What do you guys think Elvis' fate was?

Remember Elvis? Crockett's pet alligator from Season 1-3? He seems to have disappeared sometime within Season 3 (although Crockett carried a picture of him on Episode 78 "Love At First Sight"). What do you guys think Elvis' fate was?

An retired animal habitat in Florida. We don't for sure know what happened to the real Alligator, but many have guessed that he is still in Florida, and most likely amoung other gators, or in a retired film, TV animal park.

I really wish the show would've shown what happened to him, or at least Crockett telling what happened to him.

His last role was in Cuba Libre, episode 58 where we saw him lounging on the deck for the last time. I remember reading somewhere that M. Mann really did not like Elvis' role, never liked the idea. Too campy or something.

Yeah, the idea of Crockett having a pet alligator did seem a bit cheesy, and when Season 3 became a lot more serious than the previous 2 seasons, Michael Mann and the producers must've said "Eh, Elvis really isn't a BIG part of Miami Vice, so let's just get rid of him!" And that they did.

Might have decided to remove him after the plotline about Crockett being a football player at one point was kind of pushed into the background given Elvis's backstory in the pilotSay hello to Elvis, I adopted him after he took a chunk out of some football player at Miami U or something. Along with hey arent you that quarterback who made that 1000 yard run with the ball and won the game back in 74' or something that was said by Tubbs in the pilot.on the other hand well he did have a couple of guys get on his boat in S3 when he wasn't there. so maybe he figured it was time for him to find a safer place to live and have some fun. plus with his money troubles in that season it couldn't have been cheap to keep him well fed in the context of the show. would have been nice if they gave him a good send off though rather than having him suddenly disappear out of nowhere. I mean the boat really did felt emptier without him.

He didnt appear after Stones War - the second episode of Season 3 .:D

Stone's war actually aired as the 46th episode while Cuba Libre aired as the 58th episode. That would make Cuba Libre his last appearrance.

• 2 weeks later...
Elvis swallowing the alarm clock did seem kind of silly; that and him eating up Sonny's record collection. But I liked him, it's just the type of thing you'd expect in hot and crazy Miami.Considering how long a reptile's lifespan is, I wouldn't be surprised if the alligator who played Elvis is still alive and well somewhere, and is famous among his other amphibious friends as one of the Miami Vice cast members.
  • Like 1

I always wondered what happened to Elvis. They should have gave the audience some explanation as to why he left.:cry:Does anybody else have the Miami Vice action figures that were available a few years back? I bought the Crockett and Tubbs figures. I haven't opened up the packaging, but Crockett came with Elvis and his pink blanket! Funny.

I always wondered what happened to Elvis. They should have gave the audience some explanation as to why he left.:cry:Does anybody else have the Miami Vice action figures that were available a few years back? I bought the Crockett and Tubbs figures. I haven't opened up the packaging' date=' but Crockett came with Elvis and his pink blanket! Funny.[/quote']Yep, I have both action figures...and the elvis. :)

Didn't dick wolf take over vice in S4? I mean Cuba Libre is about in the middle of S3's run so maybe he's the one who wanted to axe elvis for the next season.

Didn't dick wolf take over vice in S4? I mean Cuba Libre is about in the middle of S3's run so maybe he's the one who wanted to axe elvis for the next season.

He took over in Season 3 and was responsible for all those "ripped from the headline" plots. Arguably, Dick Wolf took all the fun out of Miami Vice. He had too much Law and Order on his mind with episodes like Contempt of Court, and he also OK'd the god awful Missing Hours. :sick:
  • Like 1

Actually, Law And Order didn't even air until the fall of 1990, a full year after MV ended. But yes, Dick Wolf did take the fun out of MV for sure. I felt like after Season 3, the series would go downhill from there. And so it did.

Actually' date=' Law And Order didn't even air until the fall of 1990, a full year after MV ended. But yes, Dick Wolf did take the fun out of MV for sure. I felt like after Season 3, the series would go downhill from there. And so it did.[/quote']I don't think Dick Wolf respected Miami Vice. His mind was elsewhere during seasons 4 and 5 while he was developing Law and Order. Michael Mann was involved in name only, and Don Johnson's heart wasn't in it anymore. Only Philip, Saundra, Michael and Olivia seemed to have any enthusiasm that last year of the show. They kept it afloat.

He took over in Season 3 and was responsible for all those "ripped from the headline" plots. Arguably' date=' Dick Wolf took all the fun out of Miami Vice. He had too much Law and Order on his mind with episodes like Contempt of Court, and he also OK'd the god awful Missing Hours. :sick:[/quote']well sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt in S3, Take Irish Eyes and then stones war after it. ones a hard to watch episode with a stupid love plot and its only really notable because of the destruction of a model of the daytona and that its the one and only time the testarossa wasn't in its dull white color with matt spoilers, along with a cool arms dealer, Custom 1911 and pals in that regard and Crockett's cool new look.the others a solid great episode with the Villain who got away at the end from S2 with a laughable car chase once they get out of the car park, I mean your telling me he couldn't have gotten on the highway and just ditched them late at night by shifting into 3rd with that baby?and Irish Eyes was supposed to be the second episode of the season after El Viejo and boy does it show as El Viejo feels really kinda crummy and so - so. one of the weakest episodes of S3 next to Irish Eyes and hell the scene with the daytona being shot at was another ripped from the headlines kinda deal too.hell the only reason to watch those episodes are for the last scenes of the daytona and the TR how it should have been left even if it ment no more night scenes (hell they used cars that didnt show up in S3 and S4 so what was the real deal behind the color change?!) and the cool use of Tubbs caddy, along with Crockett's great new look that they squandered towards the end of S3.I mean while the rest of S3 had its problems and odd issues those are really outside of a few isolated incidents the only time it didnt seem to fit the show too well atleast there outside of some odd directorial choices in The Good Collar and Reb browns episode.my main gripe with him though outside of the bad episodes would be the disastrous use of white filter, especially with the TR even in early S3 making it look more even more washed out and dull against the bright miami backdrop. I mean why just why?! and then to use it on Miami itself in contempt of court....plus you cant stop the executives from buying bad episodes even when the actors and the writers know its bad.http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/tng-rascals-review-6387486all you can hope is that the show runner isn't a moron who will listen to reason, sometimes they are, very much so in Mr. Berman's case towards the end of that shows run.and then you look at what he did after vice and its plain to see he was the equavalent of obama hosting a hunter safety course, yeah he may work somewhat for a while but after awhile it becomes plain to see that he hates eveything you love.Black Car (Atleast paint the thing in a reflective version of it like white pearl or something)
or grey like here:
Superbird like boat with spoiler that was removed in S5, Good to okay stories, Cool fashions (I'd really like to know who in there right mind okayed the mint green outfit of latter S3 and that mint green undershirt that mixed in with the black pants and white overcoat make crockett look like a buttler in the Reb Brown episode.) and elvis's occasional hyjinx.

I don't think Dick Wolf respected Miami Vice.

I don't think he did, either. I forget what channel/show it was, maybe an old special on the now-defunct Sleuth Channel (well, it's "Cloo" now), but during some retrospective on the series, there was a short interview with him regarding his thoughts on the show, and he stated it was unrealistic, and said something along the lines of "You aren't going to find real cops driving around in sports cars!". Now, to all of us and anyone's that's spent more than 5 minutes watching the show, we know that was part of their cover, they didn't actually own the car, but Dick Wolf was a showrunner! Isn't that the kind of basic fact you should know if you're in control of series? Instead, he came off as one of the those clueless goofballs in various Youtube comment sections: "how they gonna afford one of dem carz wen they is just copz lol omg g2g ttyl".
  • Like 1

I don't think he did' date=' either. I forget what channel/show it was, maybe an old special on the now-defunct Sleuth Channel (well, it's "Cloo" now), but during some retrospective on the series, there was a short interview with him regarding his thoughts on the show, and he stated it was unrealistic, and said something along the lines of "You aren't going to find real cops driving around in sports cars!". Now, to all of us and anyone's that's spent more than 5 minutes watching the show, we know that was part of their cover, they didn't actually own the car, but Dick Wolf was a showrunner! Isn't that the kind of basic fact you should know if you're in control of series? Instead, he came off as one of the those clueless goofballs in various Youtube comment sections: "how they gonna afford one of dem carz wen they is just copz lol omg g2g ttyl".[/quote']There are plenty of cops who drive around in sports cars -- the cars, clothes, boats are confiscated from drug dealers and used as part of their cover. I think Wolf knew this, he just had an aversion to anything remotely glamorous and considered it unrealistic. He was one of those people who thought Vice was style over substance. I really wish Mann and Yerkovich stuck with the show longer -- the quality of Seasons 1 and 2 could have been maintained longer.

I don't think he did' date=' either. I forget what channel/show it was, maybe an old special on the now-defunct Sleuth Channel (well, it's "Cloo" now), but during some retrospective on the series, there was a short interview with him regarding his thoughts on the show, and he stated it was unrealistic, and said something along the lines of "You aren't going to find real cops driving around in sports cars!". Now, to all of us and anyone's that's spent more than 5 minutes watching the show, we know that was part of their cover, they didn't actually own the car, but Dick Wolf was a showrunner! Isn't that the kind of basic fact you should know if you're in control of series? Instead, he came off as one of the those clueless goofballs in various Youtube comment sections: "how they gonna afford one of dem carz wen they is just copz lol omg g2g ttyl".[/quote']all this coming from the man behind one of the dreariest, ugliest, cesspits of a modern crime show and subsequent spin offs, the law and order series. Atleast nowadays, I dont know how it felt in the begining in that regard.a crime show where they focus on the worst parts of human life constantly, the detectives are way too involved and assholes and bullies and make you feel like **** from watching it, a show that is the very essence of anti escapism, the clockwork orange of tv showsthe kind of show that scares you about human kind and its dreary underbelly, like one of those Hannabile movies or booksmy god the guy was the rick berman, Gene Rodenburry (he was the one who wanted no conflict amongst the crew and no sort of military overtones in TNG's early seasons when the show was really bad) and george lucas of the vice era wasnt he?it all reminds me of an old Kojack episode really where some guy gets too much of that and confesses to a murder that he didnt commit just because he felt guilt that people went through that stuff in new york and he couldnt help them.like the show makes you feel the same way the guy there did, how did tv standards get so low to allow something that poisiounous even reach the airwaves?I mean even though CSI and its subshows feels somewhat like its cut from the same cloth atleast the people are likabile and they have occasional bouts of humanity.actually guess he never saw the preview:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyQOaip5P3g

Holy smokes, that preview is so cool. I can just imagine being in 84' flicking through a few channels and coming across this. 'would have been instantly hooked. :happy:

Holy smokes' date=' that preview is so cool. I can just imagine being in 84' flicking through a few channels and coming across this. 'would have been instantly hooked. :happy:[/quote']Indeed but its just sad that this wasnt an isolated case of someone in the higher up position screwing up something I liked with trek and all, hell even James bond really during the 1990's with that terrible writer bruce feirstein writing the scripts.hell that kind of stupidity is why Connery wanted to leave in the 1960's after You Only Live Twice, only to miss the good movie and get sucked into another ludicrous one.But I gotta I wonder how many people would really get on his case if it was widely known that Wolf was the guy who okayed the buying of the bull sperm episode in S4?regardless though elvis did deserve a proper send off, I'd still like to know how the hell sonny got him in the car, I mean did he seriously put elvis in the the daytona for El Viejo when taking him to the vet? or did he borrow tubbs car? and what of before them with that mention of him riding in the daytona in Whatever works.and I gotta admit while watching Sonny in the yellow 58 in the prodigal son I kind of imagined the elvis logo with the sunglasses here in place of dons face for the shot at 1:51
I mean is that how elvis would ride in the cars lol?

• 5 years later...
On 10/5/2012 at 8:26 PM, C Glide said:

His last role was in Cuba Libre, episode 58 where we saw him lounging on the deck for the last time. I remember reading somewhere that M. Mann really did not like Elvis' role, never liked the idea. Too campy or something.

Yes it was very Steven J. Cannell and Mann was trying to get away from that.