Episode #89 "Deliver Us From Evil"

Ferrariman

6 minutes ago, Jack Gretsky said:

Of course!  Are you on the Magnum Mania forum as well?

Yes...but haven’t been on it in a long time. I haven’t watched Magnum in several years either. I need to get that show out and go through it again sometime soon! The “Sunrise” episode/s were amazing & deep!  I remember when they originally aired, they did cause a little bit of controversy with fans over what Magnum did. But, it didn’t really seem to hurt the show, as it went on several more years. 

However, supposedly NBC seemed to worry that having Crockett in MV cold-bloodily take revenge on someone else would look too bad for the show, and so they had them put the gun-scene in...where Hackman is shown to have already tried to pull a gun out first. 

Both shows were amazing and superb, and two of my all-time favorites!!

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

Yes...but haven’t been on it in a long time. I haven’t watched Magnum in several years either. I need to get that show out and go through it again sometime soon! The “Sunrise” episode/s were amazing & deep!  I remember when they originally aired, they did cause a little bit of controversy with fans over what Magnum did. But, it didn’t really seem to hurt the show, as it went on several more years. 

However, supposedly NBC seemed to worry that having Crockett in MV cold-bloodily take revenge on someone else would look too bad for the show, and so they had them put the gun-scene in...where Hackman is shown to have already tried to pull a gun out first. 

Both shows were amazing and superb, and two of my all-time favorites!!

Yeah, it's quite clear that it's an insert shot of Hackman with a gun in his hand.  (At first I thought Sonny planted it there, but he's still holding his as walks away.)  Morally, it's cold-blooded killing. (Note that Sonny rejects the cross as he tosses Frank's makeshift one back at him.)  But, for viewers, it's justified.  Hackman should have fried a season ago! :p

I agree - both Miami Vice and Magnum P.I. are all-time favorites for me as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Gretsky said:

Yeah, it's quite clear that it's an insert shot of Hackman with a gun in his hand.  (At first I thought Sonny planted it there, but he's still holding his as walks away.)  Morally, it's cold-blooded killing. (Note that Sonny rejects the cross as he tosses Frank's makeshift one back at him.)  But, for viewers, it's justified.  Hackman should have fried a season ago! :p

I agree - both Miami Vice and Magnum P.I. are all-time favorites for me as well. 

I think the idea of it is sort of like an “insert”, as supposedly the story is the original script had Sonny killing Hackman out of revenge. But, I think NBC rejected that idea from the beginning.

The scene of Hackman with a gun in his hand doesn’t really look like they went back after the episode had originally been filmed, and inserted it. I think it was all filmed together. Yeah, no plant, either... Crockett would have had to lean clear over the body (and even then he wouldn’t have been able to get the gun positioned correctly in the hand), or walk around behind Hackman to his other side, in order to put it in his hand. None of that happened, he just turns and starts walking away right after he shot him.  

I think he went there to kill Hackman out of revenge, but ultimately was given a justified shoot by the fact that Hackman tried to pull the gun out first. My theory is that was possibly a compromise with producers and NBC. Both sort of got what they were wanting...Sonny went there with revenge on his mind, but was ultimately given the “out” when Hackman already tried to pull his gun first. Either way he finally got to take Hackman down! 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I think the idea of it is sort of like an “insert”, as supposedly the story is the original script had Sonny killing Hackman out of revenge. But, I think NBC rejected that idea from the beginning.

The scene of Hackman with a gun in his hand doesn’t really look like they went back after the episode had originally been filmed, and inserted it. I think it was all filmed together. Yeah, no plant, either... Crockett would have had to lean clear over the body (and even then he wouldn’t have been able to get the gun positioned correctly in the hand), or walk around behind Hackman to his other side, in order to put it in his hand. None of that happened, he just turns and starts walking away right after he shot him.  

I think he went there to kill Hackman out of revenge, but ultimately was given a justified shoot by the fact that Hackman tried to pull the gun out first. My theory is that was possibly a compromise with producers and NBC. Both sort of got what they were wanting...Sonny went there with revenge on his mind, but was ultimately given the “out” when Hackman already tried to pull his gun first. Either way he finally got to take Hackman down! 

I think this is a way more problematic theory for MV as a whole than the cold blooded killing scenario (which I say with 100% certainty it is true).

First, it ruins some of the episode's value; as Crockett can't even revenge his wife and unborn child, secondly; it makes the Burnett saga seem even more over the top (which is not a bad thing per say.... but some already dislike it because of that); third, Crockett's dialogue before the shooting, and the symbolic crucifixion, and the hesitation on Crockett's face and the time it took. It also seems unlikely that Hackman was hiding the gun behind the magazine.

Hackman was designed by the producers to be a psycho; but I doubt he'd have a weapon hidden like that at a random time (since he wasn't aware if he'd be visited atleast), and he seems way to calm and relaxed. Doesn't seem to have much paranoia; or fear for the sake of the matter.

Another problem is that George Mendeluk mentioned  on the youtube video scene that NBC forced them to reveal the gun, and that originally Hackman was unarmed. It wasn't origianlly planned, just a forced goof.

And to be honest, the first time I've watched this jewel of an episode I did not even notice the gun...... just because how insignificant it really is in comparison to the rest; visually, not cannonicaly.

But the plant-hypothesis also remains possible. We can't say if Hackman REALLY pulled it, or that it was planted.

And usually when we see a shootout in MV, we can see both characters, and their guns, and looks less like an execution.

Edited by Adrian321
Forgot something

The director of the episode, (assuming it actually is the director), George Mendeluk is pretty emphatic:

Some of his comments in the youtube thread:

"NBC made us put the "reveal" in that Hackman was armed. Originally, Hackman was unarmed. I liked that better. Hackman killed Crockett's wife an unborn child. He deserved what he got! My fav of all the endings I ever directed!"

"whatever one’s interpretation, the fact we are still discussing the episode in my view means it works."

"I love the fact the fact that people are talking about it years later speaks volumes."

He responded to a post only 9 days ago so if you want to ask him a question or pay him a compliment there's a good chance he'll see it.:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adrian321 said:

I think this is a way more problematic theory for MV as a whole than the cold blooded killing scenario (which I say with 100% certainty it is true).

First, it ruins some of the episode's value; as Crockett can't even revenge his wife and unborn child, secondly; it makes the Burnett saga seem even more over the top (which is not a bad thing per say.... but some already dislike it because of that); third, Crockett's dialogue before the shooting, and the symbolic crucifixion, and the hesitation on Crockett's face and the time it took. It also seems unlikely that Hackman was hiding the gun behind the magazine.

Hackman was designed by the producers to be a psycho; but I doubt he'd have a weapon hidden like that at a random time (since he wasn't aware if he'd be visited atleast), and he seems way to calm and relaxed. Doesn't seem to have much paranoia; or fear for the sake of the matter.

Another problem is that George Mendeluk mentioned  on the youtube video scene that NBC forced them to reveal the gun, and that originally Hackman was unarmed. It wasn't origianlly planned, just a forced goof.

And to be honest, the first time I've watched this jewel of an episode I did not even notice the gun...... just because how insignificant it really is in comparison to the rest; visually, not cannonicaly.

But the plant-hypothesis also remains possible. We can't say if Hackman REALLY pulled it, or that it was planted.

And usually when we see a shootout in MV, we can see both characters, and their guns, and looks less like an execution.

First, I understand some may not like the change in scenarios...some wanted the cold-blooded revenge, others like the fact that Crockett got to have a justified shoot, others are okay with either one. But, like it or not, we have the gun scene & Hackman trying to sneak a shot first. It wasn’t a “goof”...just a forced change in the script/ending.

However, as for Hackman having a gun...of course he would! He was a psycho that literally trusted no one or no situation. He would be armed at all times, regardless of where he was or who did or didn’t show up. So, even though the gun-scene ruins the revenge-scenario for fans who wanted that...it’s totally realistic & probable he would be armed.

I’m one who is okay with either idea...although I know in reality, morally & occupationally vigilante killing is wrong. But, I’m also okay with the scenario they went with. He still got to take Hackman out & justifiably, at-that. There was never a plant idea at any time...no reason for it, nor was that portrayed or implied in the episode. 

The episode is still amazing, dark, and deep...gun-scene or no! However, I’ve never understood the point of forcing Crockett to get to justifiably shoot Hackman (for fear of having him kill vigilante style would hurt the show & character)...then turn right around and have him immediately go psycho & turn into a gun-wielding killer, who had no trouble killing for profit & gain—aka the Burnett episodes...as they were ridiculously over-the-top & ultimately did hurt ratings?? ?(

But, it all was what it was! :funky:

Edited by ViceFanMan

A comment in the youtube-thread says:

"The night that I saw this episode, Hackman was unarmed and I couldn't believe it. I thought I was recording it on my DVR but forgot to hit record. The following week , the network aired it again (as was their practice at the time) and this time I recorded it, but this time, Hackman had the gun. I couldn't believe that the network allowed a cop to shoot a unarmed man even with those circumstances. My favorite Miami Vice scene...of course minus the gun."

Can this be actually be true? Or has this guy the first time probably just overlooked the gun?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Glades said:

A comment in the youtube-thread says:

"The night that I saw this episode, Hackman was unarmed and I couldn't believe it. I thought I was recording it on my DVR but forgot to hit record. The following week , the network aired it again (as was their practice at the time) and this time I recorded it, but this time, Hackman had the gun. I couldn't believe that the network allowed a cop to shoot a unarmed man even with those circumstances. My favorite Miami Vice scene...of course minus the gun."

Can this be actually be true? Or has this guy the first time probably just overlooked the gun?

He just overlooked the gun the first time around, which it is quick enough and subtle enough that it’s not surprising. By no means is he the only one that the first time they saw the episode, didn’t realize it was there. I have an original NBC airing from the original night it aired, and it does include the gun scene. 

(Note: a laughing emoji doesn’t really make sense??...nor does it make it any less true. ;))

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Glades said:

"The night that I saw this episode, Hackman was unarmed and I couldn't believe it. I thought I was recording it on my DVR but forgot to hit record. The following week , the network aired it again (as was their practice at the time) and this time I recorded it

Also...was this guy referring to the original night it aired in 1988, or was this a syndicated rerun on some cable or satellite network? If he’s talking original 1988 airing...it would have been recording on a VCR on VHS & not recording it to a DVR. Just curious. :p 

19 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Also...was this guy referring to the original night it aired in 1988, or was this a syndicated rerun on some cable or satellite network? If he’s talking original 1988 airing...it would have been recording on a VCR on VHS & not recording it to a DVR. Just curious.

Your objection makes sense. My quote is the whole comment. Which means that we can't say for sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Glades said:

Your objection makes sense. My quote is the whole comment. Which means that we can't say for sure.

No ‘objection’ :D...just technical details that I noticed...but don’t really matter. ;) He could have meant a VCR from back then, but is so used to a DVR now, that that’s what he said without realizing it. Or, he could be meaning digitally recording it on a DVR, if from a cable or satellite network in more recent times. Whatever the case, the Hackman gun-scene was always present.

I was just curious if he was referring to the original airing. I like this episode...I think it’ll always be an emotionally charged one with plot & characters, as well as controversial with what should or should not have happened...as well as what did. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Similar scene in "Collateral" where Fanning, played by Mark Ruffalo narrows down the shooter at the morgue. 

deusfre.png.3ccf366e304a527e1c8350acc302a175.png

collaeral .png

Edited by RedDragon86

• 4 weeks later...

What a masterpiece of an episode. A 10 for sure. I've been re-watching S4 and reassessing it completely. It deserves more credit. There are some gems. This and the season finale are pure gold.
It's safe to say this was one of the grittiest, darkest, bleakest and most violent episode of the entire run. I've read previous posts and there's some debate about the final scene shooting, the planted gun etc...I'm sure every decent person hates the Hackman character, he killed innocent people (including a 16 year old girl during a house robbery) and people close to Sonny. He got what he deserved in the end, that's the bottom line. Sonny biggest regret was to fall for Hackman's elaborate and manipulative plan so he could get away a couple of years before. The final Hackman execution/shoot as self defense (whatever you prefer) was cathartic and cleared him from that guilt. From a viewer perspective it was pretty satisfying to watch.
Just a few observations: do you think Caitlin's murder could have been avoided had Tubbs gone to the 1235 club with a few black & whites as back up? He just tried to reach Sonny on his car phone upon learning about Hackman ultimate plan.
Do you think Hackman learn Caitlin (although a relatively famous and known pop star) is married to Sonny by reading the newspapers/tabloid article from 'Rock and a hard place' (depicting Sonny alongside with Caitlin)?
On a final note, if you remember 'hell hath no fury...' , there's the scene when Tubbs asked Sonny what he would do if someone hurt Caitlin the way beaks did to his victims. The latter does not reply and looks at Rico in silence quite eloquently. Perhaps a premonition of what was to come his way in the future.....

• Like 4

vor 15 Stunden schrieb sdiegolo78:

What a masterpiece of an episode. A 10 for sure. I've been re-watching S4 and reassessing it completely. It deserves more credit. There are some gems. This and the season finale are pure gold.
It's safe to say this was one of the grittiest, darkest, bleakest and most violent episode of the entire run. I've read previous posts and there's some debate about the final scene shooting, the planted gun etc...I'm sure every decent person hates the Hackman character, he killed innocent people (including a 16 year old girl during a house robbery) and people close to Sonny. He got what he deserved in the end, that's the bottom line. Sonny biggest regret was to fall for Hackman's elaborate and manipulative plan so he could get away a couple of years before. The final Hackman execution/shoot as self defense (whatever you prefer) was cathartic and cleared him from that guilt. From a viewer perspective it was pretty satisfying to watch.
Just a few observations: do you think Caitlin's murder could have been avoided had Tubbs gone to the 1235 club with a few black & whites as back up? He just tried to reach Sonny on his car phone upon learning about Hackman ultimate plan.
Do you think Hackman learn Caitlin (although a relatively famous and known pop star) is married to Sonny by reading the newspapers/tabloid article from 'Rock and a hard place' (depicting Sonny alongside with Caitlin)?
On a final note, if you remember 'hell hath no fury...' , there's the scene when Tubbs asked Sonny what he would do if someone hurt Caitlin the way beaks did to his victims. The latter does not reply and looks at Rico in silence quite eloquently. Perhaps a premonition of what was to come his way in the future.....

I agree, including the illogical aspect that Tubbs did not have the concert stopped and the venue cleared by local police immediately as soon as he learnt about the Hackman plan (they would have done the same with a bomb threat and not wait until it happens, right?).

Most interesting aspect here about the last two broadcasted episodes of season 4 is that Mirror Image was filmed BEFORE Deliver us from evil. That means they decided to film the first episode AFTER her death (Crockett goes on the Manolo suicide mission on the boat with Caitlin´s death on his mind) before they hammered out the details how to conclude the fate of Hackman and Caitlin in detail.

Also notable is that NBC put pressure on producers to place Hackman´s gun at the end, as this was not in the script originally. There was even a threat on the table by NBC censors not to let this episode on air if there is "murder by a cop" on prime time TV. How the censors learnt up front about this, while they filmed it or even earlier when the script was elaborated, I don´t know. Usually NBC censors stepped on the scene AFTER episodes were completed and ready to air. But the short snippet with the gun in Hackman´s hand was filmed with the actor (Guy Boyd) and could not have been filmed after filming wrapped up and the actor left Miami. Thus, this is proof that they fixed it DURING production and not after.

All together, this was a milestone episode in all respects.

P.S. Deliver was filmed 16-30 March and Mirror Image 9-18 March 1988.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

I agree, including the illogical aspect that Tubbs did not have the concert stopped and the venue cleared by local police immediately as soon as he learnt about the Hackman plan (they would have done the same with a bomb threat and not wait until it happens, right?).

My sentiment exactly! But the writers wanted the tragic event to unfold, and nothing getting in the way. Of course had the script included the police storming club 1235 it would have produced a happy ending.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Most interesting aspect here about the last two broadcasted episodes of season 4 is that Mirror Image was filmed BEFORE Deliver us from evil. That means they decided to film the first episode AFTER her death (Crockett goes on the Manolo suicide mission on the boat with Caitlin´s death on his mind) before they hammered out the details how to conclude the fate of Hackman and Caitlin in detail.

yeah it is quite interesting trivia fact here. I would assume the episodes were written in the order they were originally  broadcasted by NBC. And Sonny killing off Hackman probably the last S4 scene filmed.

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Also notable is that NBC put pressure on producers to place Hackman´s gun at the end, as this was not in the script originally. There was even a threat on the table by NBC censors not to let this episode on air if there is "murder by a cop" on prime time TV. How the censors learnt up front about this, while they filmed it or even earlier when the script was elaborated, I don´t know. Usually NBC censors stepped on the scene AFTER episodes were completed and ready to air. But the short snippet with the gun in Hackman´s hand was filmed with the actor (Guy Boyd) and could not have been filmed after filming wrapped up and the actor left Miami. Thus, this is proof that they fixed it DURING production and not after.

yeah NBC preferred not to show a cold blooded murder as righteous revenge but clumsily planted the gun. That means either Hackman was ready to shoot (yet acted cockily in front of Sonny during the final confrontation in the Island thinking he'd never pulled the trigger) or Sonny planted the gun in his hand to simulate a suicide. I think the latter is more likely than the former. Looking at the scene Hackman was holding a newspaper or book and was way to relaxed to quickly react. I think the suicide would stick with local police forensics if Hackman gun was the same caliber as Sonny's.
Nonetheless, I love the MV ambiguity and we're all still talking about it as friends more than 30 years later!  That's what made the show stand out from the rest!
Last but not least, Hackman had it coming for a long time, gun on his side or not!

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten schrieb sdiegolo78:

That means either Hackman was ready to shoot (yet acted cockily in front of Sonny during the final confrontation in the Island thinking he'd never pulled the trigger) or Sonny planted the gun in his hand to simulate a suicide. I think the latter is more likely than the former. 

I also assume the latter. We should not forget that the ambiguity of this last scene was the intro to the Burnett arc where Crockett turned into a criminal, beginning with Mirror Image, and that murder of Hackman was his first kill, but one that can only be suspected while the kills he did later as Burnett in Mirror Image and Hostile takeover were  obvious and on screen.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

the kills he did later as Burnett in Mirror Image and Hostile takeover were  obvious and on screen.

he killed bad people for sure, yet not the way a police officer should act.

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

and that murder of Hackman was his first kill, but one that can only be suspected

i think Hackman was as personal to Sonny as Calderone to Rico

2 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

My sentiment exactly! But the writers wanted the tragic event to unfold, and nothing getting in the way. Of course had the script included the police storming club 1235 it would have produced a happy ending.

yeah it is quite interesting trivia fact here. I would assume the episodes were written in the order they were originally  broadcasted by NBC. And Sonny killing off Hackman probably the last S4 scene filmed.

yeah NBC preferred not to show a cold blooded murder as righteous revenge but clumsily planted the gun. That means either Hackman was ready to shoot (yet acted cockily in front of Sonny during the final confrontation in the Island thinking he'd never pulled the trigger) or Sonny planted the gun in his hand to simulate a suicide. I think the latter is more likely than the former. Looking at the scene Hackman was holding a newspaper or book and was way to relaxed to quickly react. I think the suicide would stick with local police forensics if Hackman gun was the same caliber as Sonny's.
Nonetheless, I love the MV ambiguity and we're all still talking about it as friends more than 30 years later!  That's what made the show stand out from the rest!
Last but not least, Hackman had it coming for a long time, gun on his side or not!

There's also a longstanding cop show trope where a cop carries what's known as a drop gun to plant on someone he shoots to "prove" the perp was armed and thus the shooting was self-defense. I tend to lean more in this direction than Hackman having a gun or some kind of faked suicide. Hackman's gun wasn't the same caliber as Sonny's.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

There's also a longstanding cop show trope where a cop carries what's known as a drop gun to plant on someone he shoots to "prove" the perp was armed and thus the shooting was self-defense. I tend to lean more in this direction than Hackman having a gun or some kind of faked suicide. Hackman's gun wasn't the same caliber as Sonny's.

This is actually more plausible

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom said:

I always pictured it a bit like Hank Weldon's partner showing up at the end of OWTBDR. We know Castillo brought him but it is never actually articulated.

In this case I had just assumed a similar scenario when Tubbs called Castillo: That is, Castillo would be alerting everyone while Tubbs tried to reach Sonny by phone and driving there asap.

...But then she might have survived and we'd all be singing "I got you babe!"

Edited by fakespyder

17 hours ago, fakespyder said:

In this case I had just assumed a similar scenario when Tubbs called Castillo: That is, Castillo would be alerting everyone while Tubbs tried to reach Sonny by phone and driving there asap.

Yeah for sure Tubbs did alert his superior officer (Castillo), although we can only see him just driving fast and try to reach Sonny on his car phone.

18 hours ago, fakespyder said:

...But then she might have survived and we'd all be singing "I got you babe!"

LOL!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 1:51 PM, sdiegolo78 said:

That means either Hackman was ready to shoot (yet acted cockily in front of Sonny during the final confrontation in the Island thinking he'd never pulled the trigger) or Sonny planted the gun in his hand to simulate a suicide.

Actually, your first part is what they went with. A plant was never part of the script (original or forced revision with the gun scene), and its not shown or even implied in the episode. If they had done a plant, Crockett would have had to lean clear over the body from the side he was on to try and put the gun in Hackman‘s hand—or, he would’ve had to walk back out around behind Hackman to the other side, to try and put the gun in Hackman‘s hand. None of that happened. Crockett shot him, turned, and walked away. 

If you think about it, there actually was no point or purpose for a plant. No one knew that Crockett was there, no one saw him there...and pretending that MV world was real, I would like to think that Crockett was smart enough to bring along a gun that was not traceable back to him, and was not his regular gun. He didn’t need to plant a gun.  Plus, even if there was some kind of an actual investigation by whatever island Hackman was living on (I doubt there would’ve been much of one), they would’ve been able to tell that the shot came from far enough away that it was not self-inflicted. So a plant would definitely not have helped indicate a supposed suicide. 

Frank Hackman was crazy, and psychotic...but he wasn’t stupid. He would never be unarmed or without a weapon of some kind at any time, regardless of where he was at and who did or did not show up to where he was at. It wouldn’t surprise me if the dude had a gun with him when he was pooping on the pot! :p He was a sociopath that trusted no one or nothing! 

So, I know that the forced revision of the script to include the gun scene ruined the whole vigilante idea for some fans, but if you think about it...it actually was more realistic that Hackman would be armed! He would never have been sitting out lounging in the sun with no gun or weapon of some kind on him. The idea of that is silly and ridiculous.  Of course he would be armed! 

But, Hackman was also cocky—and thought he could distract Crockett’s attention long enough to try to get a shot off, as he had his gun hidden under the magazine. That was probably a “norm” for him when he was out there on the lounging chair, for anyone who might show up & he felt like he needed (or wanted) to use it. 

So, no there was never any plant or reason for one. Hackman just finally made the ultimate mistake of underestimating Crockett and his own cockiness. Ultimately, it was an unbelievably superb and emotional episode, where Crockett finally got to take Hackman out once and for all! :thumbsup:

(Sidenote: A “confused emoji” doesn’t make it any less true. ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

All Crockett would have to do is switch the barrel on his 645. As for the rest...?( As has been demonstrated MANY times before, there is no visual evidence in the episode that Hackman had a gun in or near his hand (or anyplace else) until AFTER he's dead. Period. Your speculation on this is as valid (or invalid) as any other theory offered, but it's just that - speculation.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

All Crockett would have to do is switch the barrel on his 645. As for the rest...?( As has been demonstrated MANY times before, there is no visual evidence in the episode that Hackman had a gun in or near his hand (or anyplace else) until AFTER he's dead. Period. Your speculation on this is as valid (or invalid) as any other theory offered, but it's just that - speculation.

As far as Crockett goes, perhaps so...with his own gun, maybe he could have switched out the barrel? 

As for all the rest I’ve stated regarding Hackman’s gun...it’s all there in the episode. It’s not speculation. It’s episode fact. Especially considering people involved with the production of that episode have said before that the gun scene was integrated into the script to show Hackman had been armed, and to ultimately legally justify Crockett shooting him. Anything else (including a plant) is just what-ifs, or alternate scenarios, or speculations that were not done, shown, or implied in the episode. :done: 

Edited by ViceFanMan

:rauchen:

Whoooww!  I'm loving this.  And of all the possible episodes, THIS episode where Hackman the clever perp tries so convincingly to fool the law, you posters are arguing the evidence like State's Prosecutor trying to make a case to Seasoned Defense Attorney about the "guilt" and the "circumstances".  This is SO great---I'm loving it!

...."You're just on a fishing expedition.  Don't waste my time"

...."I'll see your client in COURT, Counselor!  And he better bring some striped pajamas that fit!"

Edited by Augusta
  • Haha 1