MIAMI VICE CROCKETT BLAZERS & VICE CLOTHES PHOTOS

COOPER&BURNETT

The return of another "classic" thread!All of the blazers and clothes worn by Crockett and other members of the show that are in my personal collection will all be featured here.Here's the blazer DON JOHNSON wore in this photoshoot.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere's a close up view of the clothing pattern.Eingefügtes BildHere's the Creator / writer of MIAMI VICE, Anthony Yerkovich wearing the blazer. In many shots seen on this thread, the jacket looks blue, but it's actually little black stripes over a white background. From a foot away, it looks grey.http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/Scan0001-147.jpgThere is a small opening that is hidden by the designs in the blazer that allows you to hang your shades in it. You can see DON demonstrating it.http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/dcf6_1-1.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/poster.jpg

Another COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK EXCLUSIVE. Here is an example of the same style, and pattern linen blazer that Crockett wore when he first met Caitlin Davies in LIKE A HURRICANE in season 4. This style blazer also was seen in the season 4 episode, A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE When on the plane to Los Angeles. It seems to be linen and perhaps some other sort of fabric blend. There is no label telling what it is. It is unconstructed (no lining) and has no shoulder pads on the inside shoulders. It's very lightweight, and it feels silky smooth to the touch.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere's close up views of the fabric pattern.Eingefügtes Bildhttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/zzzz.jpg

Another COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK exclusive. This is the ACTUAL jacket worn by actor George Takei in season 3. It was in the Don Johnson directed episode, HOOKER BY CROOK. This is the jacket worn by George Takei (Sulu of STAR TREK fame) as he played the bad guy KENNETH TOGARU. It was used when Togaru was shot and killed firing a machine gun at Crockett and Tubbs. The details are hard to see in my shots due to the black color. The jacket is made of a very light black linen, with some green detailing, and buttons. Although it has two buttons to button up the jacket, it was only worn draped over a black shirt in the show.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere's what is written on the inside tag indicating it was to be used for the stunt where he is shot and killed. There were no stunt people used for that shot, as he clearly is visible in all of his shots, and did his own death scene. I don't know what the number 26 stands for. Perhaps the scene he was in, or the shot number.Eingefügtes BildDetail of the shoulder.Eingefügtes BildDetail of the front buttons.Eingefügtes BildClose up view of the cuff buttons on the sleeve.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Here's the blazer that DON JOHNSON wore as Sonny Crockett in at least three episodes of MIAMI VICE in season 4. (LIKE A HURRICANE, ROCK AND A HARD PLACE, VOTE OF CONFIDENCE) This stunning blazer is 100% linen, and made in Italy. It was told to me that it retailed in 1987 for $1,500.00 - $2,000.00.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHalf lined.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildClose up view of the pattern.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe back vents.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/RAHP4.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/RAHP3.jpg

is the jacket worn by George Takei (Sulu of STAR TREK fame) as he played the bad guy KENNETH TOGARU.Eingefügtes Bild

tim are you the only trekkie on here?

Here's the Same Necktie that the actor Giancarlo Esposito who played Adonis wore in his final scene at the end of the episode when he gets busted by Crockett and Trudy in the episode DUTCH OVEN.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere's the red leather necktie that is worn by of the guys who plays in David's band. It can be seen in the next scene after Adonis gets busted. David walks in with his band. The guy with the red necktie adjusts his tie on camera.Eingefügtes Bild

Here's a VICE blazer that is very cool. Although it was not worn on the show, a VARIATION of it was! Depending on which stipes were talking about, Crockett wore the horizontal version of this blazer, while I have the vertical version! Same material. The manufacturer made two different verions, the horizontal and the vertical version. The horizontal version that DJ wears can be seen on Crockett while he's on his date, and walks her to the front door in the episode, "HOOKER BY CROOK" (Of which I own the bad guys actual screen used jacket whose photos are posted on this thread from the same episode.) Here's my blazer.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe buttons can be buttoned up on either the right or left sides.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe lighting on my jacket is not very good, but the pattern is the same. Close up photos (if someone zooms in on the dvd of the blazer while Crockett is talking to her at the door) will show the pattern is the same, however, the detail just can't really be seen with my blurry photos. If someone zooms in with a screen capture of a close up shot, I can put the two side by side. There is a difference in the design of the jackets details, and that is that although the pattern and material are identical, the design is a bit different. Mine has lapels, and crockett's doesn't. Also, if the long white stripes that are going left to right on my jacket look like they are closer together that on Crockett's jacket, it's not so. My jacket has seams that are sewn to make the stripes appear that they are more slanted, or closer together. There is a seam right down the middle of my jacket, and it's sewn offset. It gives mine a more fitted look, while Crockett's if a fuller look. There are no seams on the back of Crockett's. It's just the way mine was sewn, It's, the same pattern and material.

These are the sunglasses that Crockett wore in the Pilot episode. Crockett and Tubbs both wore these style glasses in earlier episodes.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThese glasses were made by PORSCHE DESIGN BY CARRERA. So they are manufactured by CARRERA by a design by or for Porsche. I'm not sure of manufacture dates, but mine seem to match the exact style (some styles varied slightly due to upgrades of designs over the years)Worn my Sonny in the pilot episode. Therefore Mine were most likely made in 1983-84. He wore the tortoise frame version not the black as many have thought. The Model number is 5512. The numbers on the inside of the frame is 5512 10 125 EP. These sunglasses were manufactured in AUSTRIA.

This Italian Blazer is a half lined, & 100% linen. It was not used in the show, but is very similar to the one Crockett wore in PAYBACK.Eingefügtes Bild

this material reminds me of the coat from the pilot when sonny and gina are talking on the boat at night. do you have that coat?here's a pic (like you don't know the one i mean :) )Eingefügtes Bild

I know which one you mean. I don't have that one. ...yet.

i think this one is my favorite of all. i'd wear this one anywhere if i had it. great, timeless look (well, as long as it's warm weather).

• 3 months later...

I've brought this thread up so a new member (myonlyvice) can see these jackets due to his question.

• 2 weeks later...

I want.......the red football jersey Gina wore on the boat. Ha! :p Seriously, this is cool! How on earth did you find & get all these? Is there some secret private collector's auction I DK about? :)

...the red football jersey Gina wore on the boat. Ha! :p Seriously' date=' this is cool! How on earth did you find & get all these? Is there some secret private collector's auction I DK about? :)[/quote']If there is a secret private collector's auction, ....I wouldn't be able to talk about it. ;)I'm so thirilled that you are enjoying these items. These are a symbol of the clothing from which MIAMI VICE is famous. I'm preserving them for all time, and sharing the photos with members here.I hope you enjoy my OTHER threads (like cast and crew items) too! -COOP

• 3 weeks later...

This is the blazer DON JOHNSON wore in the episode, "JUNK LOVE".It was obtained from someone who got it directly from the set of MIAMI VICE, and has held onto it for over 20 years.Eingefügtes BildIt's 100% cotton, with a one button front closure, three buttons on the sleeve, ventless back, and slash front pockets.It was made specifically for DON JOHNSON.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 5 months later...

For me, the unusual thing about that jacket is that it is 100% cotton.Crockett is often seen with a white jacket, and it was always an assumption that it was a linen jacket. Here's one that looked great, but was not linen. And to think you can get this jacket in black at Old Navy now for about $40-50, cotton and 2-button.Eingefügtes Bild

Crockett has worn 100% cotton blazers on numerous occasions. Not everything he wore was linen or silk.Cotton has a bit of a stiffer appearance, and doesn't "bounce" the way linen does. However, some soft cotton feels wonderfully soft. Cheap cotton is not what he wore, and doesn't feel right. High end designers don't use cheap cotton. They use the finest cotton, with an extremely high thread count.Not that unusual for Crockett to wear 100% cotton.You gotta trust me on this one.

• 1 month later...

The one button jacket you posted has a brown button and the jacket on the caption has a white button.. The sleeve buttons are also brown or light brown if you will. Did the former owner change them because he wore the jacket on occasion????

The one button jacket you posted has a brown button and the jacket on the caption has a white button.. The sleeve buttons are also brown or light brown if you will. Did the former owner change them because he wore the jacket on occasion????

Nope, never changed, it's plastic discoloration. Unfortunately, when I got it, it was pretty dirty, and the plastic buttons which was once white is a little bit less white. However, the buttons are not as dark in color as the pictures depict. I have a cheap ass camera, and poor lighting, but they are faded from either hours in the sun, or poor storage or both on this 25-26 year old jacket.