Grand Theft Auto:Vice City

agent 47

How about finding actors to play these charactersHilary KingOld Man KellyTaxi ControllerMaude the Ice Cream LadyDwayne & Jethro (Boatyard stoners)How about if the Kaufman Cabs dispatcher was a man and played by Danny DeVito?

How about finding actors to play these charactersMaude the Ice Cream Lady

Me.I may not be an actress, and I sure as hell don't look like her, but I absolutely love saying her lines. Only I can't remember what the damn lines are 'cause I've lost my Vice City disc. Dammit!

Faye Dunaway could play Maude the Ice Cream Lady. Apparently Maude was based on Faye Dunaway's character in the movie Mommie Dearest. She has freakouts in that movie similar to the one Maude has in Vice City. There's a famous scene in that movie about "NO...WIRE...HANGERS!"soMaude the Ice Cream Lady - Faye DunawayTaxi Controller - Danny DeVitoBJ Smith - Lawrence TaylorAuntie Poulet - Miss Cleo

• 8 months later...

Just for fun, I started playing Vice City again on my PS2; I started the game from scratch. The game is still great, and cruising around the city listening to the 80s soundtrack is so much fun. Now if I could only grab a Ferrari in real life, have a playlist of great 80s songs playing, and cruise the city, I would be happy.

I Can't believe it's been nearly eight years since Vice City hit stores back in October 2002, my mother didn't let me buy the game until 2004, I still remember finally getting a copy at the Gamestop in the local mall back on January 28th, 2004 (with the soundtrack box set), that game was sold out everywhere over the whole Christmas season even a year after it came out, it sold about 7 million copies on the first week it came out across the U.S., it's still the highest selling videogame of all time.Still the best game the Playstation 2 has to offer.

I can't recommend this game to all Miami Vice fans enough. Even if you don't own a Playstation 2, I would consider buying the system just to have this game and Scarface; they are so related to Miami Vice that if you have never experienced trhem firsthand you will be amazed. Vice City draws heavily on Miami Vice. I bet you could get a system and the game for under one-hundred bucks easily nowadays....plus the PS2 does play dvds if you were thinking of springing for an extra dvd player for a spare bedroom or something.

I have to play one of these games someday.I don't play video games, or have a machine, but a relative has a good machine, so I'm sure it would play on his machine.

yeah right now.im replaying vice city stories,it reminds soo much of mv,and the voice of pmt in the game :),,plus the music,and the look

I got some strange looks recently when listening to "I wanna know what love is" and started quoting the Jack Howitzer line that started it out on the radio station. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to "escape 2010" in those two games.Any of you die-hard gamers happen to know if theres any talk about a new Vice City game?

There have been rumors that Grand Theft Auto V might take place in Vice City, Rockstar announced a new app for Grand Theft Auto IV, a new radio station called wait for it ... Vice City FM! Every since then, rumors that the next one will be set in Miami have been flying, it's just rumors but the thing is that Grand Theft Auot IV doesn't take place in the same story arc as Vice City did. (1984: Vice City Stories, 1986-1987: Vice City, 1992-1994: San Andreas, 1997-1998: Liberty City Stories, 1998-1999: Grand Theft Auto: Advance, 2001: Grand Theft Auto III)It will be interesting to see what happens, I sure hope Grand Theft Auto V will be set in Miami, it certainly would be the system seller Sony and Microsoft would need.

It will be interesting to see what happens' date=' I sure hope Grand Theft Auto V will be set in Miami, it certainly would be the system seller Sony and Microsoft would need.[/quote']Absolutely. I think the Vice City storyline was more interesting then anything that went on with Liberty City.Thanks for passing on the rumour, there is hope then. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Could someone please give me a very basic rundown of the difference btwn Vice City Stories and regular old Vice City? I was tempted to buy it tonight, even though it's just for PS2. Aside from being a great spare DVD player, I had a lot of fun with the good ol' PS2. Dug out my old copy of Killer 7 a few weeks ago. Love that game. GTA IV, however, did not capture my interest. What's the use in making all these "epic" games if they can't make them fun? I swear, I tried an amazing looking golf game on big screen at Best Buy today and couldn't even figure out how to get the guy to hit the ball. Took about a minute to figure out just to get him to swing. [FacepalmElvis.gif]

Could someone please give me a very basic rundown of the difference btwn Vice City Stories and regular old Vice City? I was tempted to buy it tonight' date=' even though it's just for PS2. [/quote']I have Vice City Stories on PSP, I played Vice city in the past and if you liked it, my bet is you will like Vice City Stories also. This time you play with Hispanic-American Victor Vance.Vice City Stories features notable voice actors. Gary Busey, Luis Guzmán, Philip Michael Thomas, and Danny Trejo reprise their roles as Phil Cassidy, Ricardo Diaz, Lance Vance, and Umberto Robina, respectively, which they previously played inGrand Theft Auto: Vice City. Phil Collins also makes a cameo as himself, making him the first famed musician to ever appear in a Grand Theft Auto as a virtual representation with a character model, with his song "In the Air Tonight" in the game's soundtrack.

Could someone please give me a very basic rundown of the difference btwn Vice City Stories and regular old Vice City?

One thing that should also be mentioned is that physics are better on VCS than VC (at least that's my opinion) and there's many little enhancements here and there. Graphics should definitely be way better (VCS is basicly a mediocre/bad PS2 port), but there's tons of activities (probably more than in any other GTA). All in all VCS is definitely worth your time and money even though storywise it's not as great as original VC. And yeah, PMT is great as Lance even though he might be (Lance not PMT) a little annoying in some missions/cutscenes.

• 5 months later...

www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45851/celebrating-the-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-10th-anniversary-plus.html

Building on the success of the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto III in 2001, the release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on October 29, 2002 pushed the open world game series deeper into popular culture with a vibrant over-the-top take on Miami, a stunning celebrity voice cast and a loving, satirical look at the cultural excesses of the ‘80s.To celebrate the 10th anniversary, there will be a series of commemorative assets released, including never-before-seen artwork and a brand new anniversary trailer highlighting some of the most iconic scenes and music from the game. In addition, a limited run of collectable promotional items will be made available for purchase through the Rockstar Warehouse, with select items also available via online giveaways.In conjunction with the anniversary, we're pleased to announce that we'll be releasing an Anniversary Edition of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for select iOS and Android devices later this fall. This upcoming version will bring the full experience to mobile devices, featuring native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms. Stay tuned for more details in the weeks ahead including a list of compatible iOS and Android devices.

YEEEAHHH!:dance2::fireworks::balloon:

Killer 7 a few weeks ago. Love that game. GTA IV, however, did not capture my interest. What's the use in making all these "epic" games if they can't make them fun? I swear, I tried an amazing looking golf game on big screen at Best Buy today and couldn't even figure out how to get the guy to hit the ball. Took about a minute to figure out just to get him to swing. [FacepalmElvis.gif]

no crap huh? yeah I did like Killer 7 myself although the storyline was hard to follow and well it just left me scratching my head sometimes but the music was bloody brilliant along with Dan's and Taurus's sense of style.Taurus in the sense that the guy who played Garcian was the voice actor of Taurus in a game called interstate 76 I played back in the day:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LBoZhC308&feature=related

Greg Eagles, wish he would do more games as the guys got a great voice to him, great game too, loved the hell out of I76 back then when it was newBut anyways basically GTA vice city stories takes place in 84' and you learn what made lance act the way he did in Vice by playing his brother who's been thrown out of the army after being screwed over by his boss.who's a bizzare freak to say the least.its sort of a love it hate it kind of deal with it, the musics great, the daytona looks beautiful with the black cheat code on, complete with in the air tonight on one of the stations (and a very unusual cameo towards the end of the game in that regard that I don't wish to spoil) but the humor is trying too hard to be funny, seems like the era and art of the subtile humor vice had in 02' died with rockstar.same thing with GTA 4, you cant have a super serious story and then that kind of humor pulling you out of it, plus the missions midway didnt seem to fit the tone.

• 1 month later...

great trailer. Happy 10th anniversary to the best game ever and the younger generation's introduction to Miami Vice. Has it really been ten years? that's startling

That's an awesome trailer with one of my top favorite songs from the eighties. They sure know how to mix music with video. Now, take a moment to listen to this other great song also featured in the game. I'm sure you all know it, just listen to it again. It's that good.

• 1 month later...