PMT Livin’ the Book of My Life Full 1985 Vinyl LP HD

Miami Vice 1984

This is actually the reason I joined the site to share this ; 

PMT sang a bit of his title song from his LP “Livin’ the Book of My Life” in the episode “The Maze”. I loved that song the first time I heard it.

I recorded my vinyl LP last year. Finally had a chance to upload it. I don’t know if anyone has ever uploaded all the songs. I like to upload separate songs to make them easier to access. The link below is to the playlist of the entire album.

I left the “scratches” audible at the beginning of the songs and tone arm sound at the end of the last song ; The Audio-Technica AT-LP60USB turntable I used to my Mac Pro to Audacity software then bumping up the bass a bit sounds great. I did it at the highest settings 9600Hz 32-bit AIFF. This is a really well-produced album imho. 

You can read more 411 the video description (it’s the same for all ten tracks). 

I actually recorded it in a different way via a Pioneer Elite AV Receiver line in to the Mac a long time ago. But USB is a better signal.

There’s not a song on there that’s not listenable. I enjoy this record a lot. Underrated. La Mirada is a smooth song.

Enjoy!

P.S. I’d be curious to know who has the LP, has heard the entire thing, or has never heard it.

Track listing

1. Livin’ the book of my life
2. Just the way I planned it
3. You might be the lucky one
4. Fish and chips
5. Everything happens in its own time
6. She’s a liar
7. I’m in love with the love ...
8. Stay (In my loving arms tonight)
9. All my love
10. La Mirada

1985 Spaceship Records • Atlantic Recording Corporation, A Warner Company 
PMT Music, ASCAP

To play all the songs in order you can click on the video below. When it starts playing click on the YouTube logo that shows up in the bottom right. That will take you to the YouTube Playlist.

Edited by Miami Vice 1984
Playlist Instructions
  • Like 1

Thank you so much, Miami Vice 1984........This album is GREAT!  I loved "Livin' the Book of my Life" when PMT sang it in The Maze. I never knew there was an album. I'm so glad you sent me the e-mail to direct me to this thread. I'll be listening to the album through my speaker system tomorrow so I can really enjoy all the songs.

Thanks again for sharing this with all of us on this site.

• Like 1

You’re welcome Tony! I knew you would appreciate being the musician you are ; I enjoyed your music you shared on the old site. I had wondered if you had heard it after all these years. I’m glad I could get around to sharing it in high quality! Hopefully more fans will get a chance to listen to it. Btw I’d say my favorite song besides the title song is La Mirada. Although they’re all good ; oh yeah and you’re going to have to learn some of these songs to play on your guitar ; )

Fave song
  • Like 1

On 4.3.2016 at 7:40 PM, Miami Vice 1984 said:

No love for PMT or my efforts yet ;

Thanks for the effort Miami Vice 1984 - the quality is excellent. Nice eighties touch on the whole album. The synth drums and especially those handclap sounds shoot you straight back into the good times....

• Like 1

Thanx very much for saying that daytona365. I like the fact that is has an 80's sound but it's not really dated not laid on too thick. It sounds like a well-produced album. And he doesn't try to sing out of his range. It sounds like an album of *his* songs in his voice if you know what I mean. Which is nice.

16 minutes ago, nofretz said:

Too cool. Thanks for sharing. 

You’re welcome! thanks for saying that (and thanx for the YouTube comment) ; It’s an album I find myself being able to give repeat listenings to. I made a CD for my car and put it on my iPod. It’ll be interesting to see which tracks get more views once more people find it. 

I’m pleased with how the quality turned out with the USB turntable to my Mac at the highest quality settings. I recorded about 50 LP’s. But it’s a lot of copyrighted material that shows up in YouTube’s database. I’ll be selective about what I upload in the future. Just about anything except The Eagles can be uploaded without a copyright strike but publishers monetize audio (even some musical compositions ie. cover songs!) and won’t be able to played in Germany most often ; ) fwiw PMT was no problem.

Added YouTube 411
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, MV1984. "The Maze" is not one of my favorite episodes....but PMT singing "Livin' the Book of my Life Is one of my favorite PMT moments! It's the highpoint of the episode for me.

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Is their an MP3 ?

5 minutes ago, nofretz said:

I've had good results with the links from googling "YouTube to MP3" in the past. 

Yeah there’s ways to do it. I didn’t include any instructions because I want views on my videos I took the time to do ; I’m still disappointed they don’t have many views for as many fans as there are. The title track gets some. The others really haven’t. I still enjoyed doing it.

1 minute ago, nofretz said:

I certainly know the feeling! ;(

Yep (delete your instructional  post - let them figure it out themselves lol)

On 3/2/2016 at 10:47 PM, Miami Vice 1984 said:

I left the “scratches” audible at the beginning of the songs and tone arm sound at the end of the last song ; The Audio-Technica AT-LP60USB turntable I used to my Mac Pro to Audacity software then bumping up the bass a bit sounds great. I did it at the highest settings 9600Hz 32-bit AIFF.

So this is a high-res audio transfer with a few tweeks? 

18 hours ago, mvnyc said:

So this is a high-res audio transfer with a few tweeks? 

Here's the most detailed explanation you'll find ;

It's the highest res you can record and upload at. A brand new AT-LP60 USB turntable recorded into Audacity software on my Mac Pro (which essentially is a media computer) at 9600Hz 32-bit saved as AIFF (CD quality) instead of AAC  (iTunes / iPod quality - which actually sounds just fine imho). Most people I've heard of use 12-bit or 16-bit. Some use 32-bit. It's a larger file. I did a test and 32-bit made a difference to my ears. 

I like bass so I bumped it up a bit to give it a fuller sound but not too much to where it would significantly alter the sound or muddy it. You can't upload AIFF to YouTube. So I imported the AIFF into iMovie on my MacBook Pro Retina to make the videos add artwork (because I'm a graphic designer) and save it in a 1080P mp4 YouTube format. So even the video is the highest res.

I did a test of Bob Marley's Jammin' from my LP at 1080P vs one at 720P. It actually did make a difference. I guess iMovie saves the audio portion at a lower setting. I'm not sure.  I wouldn't think it would. I have a media info app that would tell me. I hadn't looked at it htough. Whatever it was I had a guy who writes live shows listen to it and he heard the differenc as well. Wether that makes sense or not it 1080P did sound better. Note YouTube compresses video beyond what iMovie does. I normally can tell the difference in video but not audio though.

I also recorded PMT's LP a long time ago prior to USB turntables being made. USB is a better signal straight to the Mac. However the way I did it before sounds just fine. That recording process used an MCS turntable to a Pioneer Elite VSX 24TX AV receiver to my Mac Pro. I played a CD in my car yesterday I made.

Sharing PMT's LP was literally the reason I joined this site (was formerly on .org)

Bottom line. Yes it's the best YouTube quality. I made sure of that. It's a good album so it was worth the effort ; I just wish more people would find it. I had to PM a couple people. I may make a rare cross post a link in a forum here that's viewed more often. It's apparent not nearly as many fans look at the Music or New Member forums. Even though the original Music post showed up on the sidebar of New posts.

To those who have seen it and replied. It makes me feel good ; 

• Like 2

Sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into this, my hat is off to you, Miami Vice 1984!  One more quick question:  To the best of my knowledge, this album has never been released on CD or any digital format, so why keep in the tracking noise and scratches between tracks? I'm guessing you wanted it to have that warm analog sound throughout...   

1 hour ago, mvnyc said:

Sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into this, my hat is off to you, Miami Vice 1984!  One more quick question:  To the best of my knowledge, this album has never been released on CD or any digital format, so why keep in the tracking noise and scratches between tracks? I'm guessing you wanted it to have that warm analog sound throughout...   

Thanx! yeah A) It's never been released on CD B) I like the 'authenticity' of the LP recording including leaving the tone arm in at the very end C) It's a royal time consuming pain to take out analog LP noises 

I'm thinking about uploading my previous recording I mentioned using the MCS/Pioneer Elite/Mac Pro which I think I did clean up. If I do I'll upload it in one video. I'd import it into iMovie from my CD-R AIFF copy. I'm not sure yet. I'm entertaining the thought ; I recorded that with CD Spin Doctor that came with Roxio Toast Titanium at probably 4800Hz 24-bit which really is good. The higher rate is a bit better. Maybe splitting hairs.

11 hours ago, Miami Vice 1984 said:

I'm thinking about uploading my previous recording I mentioned using the MCS/Pioneer Elite/Mac Pro which I think I did clean up. If I do I'll upload it in one video. I'd import it into iMovie from my CD-R AIFF copy. I'm not sure yet. I'm entertaining the thought ; I recorded that with CD Spin Doctor that came with Roxio Toast Titanium at probably 4800Hz 24-bit which really is good. The higher rate is a bit better. Maybe splitting hairs.

If you do, let us know, I would like a digitally cleaned up version of this album.