PMT Livin’ the Book of My Life Full 1985 Vinyl LP HD

Miami Vice 1984

On March 29, 2016 at 7:31 AM, mvnyc said:

If you do, let us know, I would like a digitally cleaned up version of this album.

I added the full album in one vid. Clean audio. It’s the recording I made in 2005 with the MCS turntable to Pioneer Elite AV to Mac Pro with CD SpinDoctor 24-bit. It does sound a little different than the individual tracks I kept up. It stills sounds really good. Especially since we can’t buy a CD ;

Edited by Miami Vice 1984

11 hours ago, Miami Vice 1984 said:

I added the full album in one vid. Clean audio. It’s the recording I made in 2005 with the MCS turntable to Pioneer Elite AV to Mac Pro with CD SpinDoctor 24-bit. It does sound a little different than the individual tracks I kept up. It stills sounds really good. Especially since we can’t buy a CD ;

Ahh, that's what I'm talking about! Thank you very much, Miami Vice 1984!

• Like 1

I listened to a few of the tracks last night.  Nice job, mvnyc!  And I agree, PMT has a pleasant voice and the songs have a good feel.  Not that I'm a musical judge!  But it's a shame he didn't have more exposure and success as a singer.

3 hours ago, mvnyc said:

Ahh, that's what I'm talking about! Thank you very much, Miami Vice 1984!

you're welcome.Tthanx for saying that ;

3 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I listened to a few of the tracks last night.  Nice job, mvnyc!  And I agree, PMT has a pleasant voice and the songs have a good feel.  Not that I'm a musical judge!  But it's a shame he didn't have more exposure and success as a singer.

hehe I was the one who did the work ; but yeah it’s nice that some fans like mvnyc and TonyD. and others responded to my efforts. and thanx for liking a post about it ;

It’s mainly a shame critics got so ridiculously jaded that they saw PMT’s and DJ’s musical efforts as “hubris (excessive pride or self-confidence)” that’s just irresponsible of too many of them to say that. you can say that about any actor who tries music or vice versa. but PMT had a musical background is the big difference. he better be confident!

If PMT was never on MV and the label promoted the LP more as just a musical artist (which might have been hard to do ironically since he would be unknown) I bet more people would say man that’s good music. 

PMT’s second LP I didn’t care for as much. but this one I haven’t gotten tired of listening to. I want to play it in the car and have passengers say “wow who is that?”

what part

• Like 1

I forgot to mention PMT’s last track LaMirada plays in the background of the club scene in Trust Fund Pirates. That’s not always included when you see lists of songs in episodes.

• Like 1

Sorry, Miami Vice 84!  I'm embarrassed since I *thought* I went back to the source.  Obviously not!  Agree, PMT would have been more well-regarded as a singer if he hadn't been one of the stars of a hit show.  But like you say, a record company probably wouldn't have been willing to sign him if he'd been an unknown.  The vicious circle...

I really enjoyed La Mirada as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the upload. As an 80's R&B fan, it's great to hear this. A shame that old music never gets any love unless it's stuff that's been playing on the radio for decades. People say they get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, but really if people expanded on their tastes more they'd see there's tons of good music that sounds exactly like what you already love.

Though I'm gonna be honest, seeing as how the New Jack Swing era of r&b is my favorite era (roughly 1988-1992), I actually LOVE PMT's follow up album, "Somebody" a lot more than the first album. Favorite tracks are Somebody, Cosmic Free, Falling, and Baby Grew Up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thanks for the upload. As an 80's R&B fan, it's great to hear this. A shame that old music never gets any love unless it's stuff that's been playing on the radio for decades. People say they get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, but really if people expanded on their tastes more they'd see there's tons of good music that sounds exactly like what you already love.

Though I'm gonna be honest, seeing as how the New Jack Swing era of r&b is my favorite era (roughly 1988-1992), I actually LOVE PMT's follow up album, "Somebody" a lot more than the first album. Favorite tracks are Somebody, Cosmic Free, Falling, and Baby Grew Up.

Thanx for the insightful comment! I like this first LP better myself. I like him sans background singers. And he wrote all the songs. It's a more personal LP imho which I like. 

But with your particular appreciation of the genre I can understand why you like the second one.  I do like What's Your Fantasy, Love Strikes Again, Love Brought Us Here, and Cosmic Free (the only one he wrote on that album. co-wrote one other one - but you know that ; that info's for those who don't).

either way if more people heard both albums I think they'd be surprised how good they are.

• 3 months later...