Favorite ep. of all time.

timm525

So many classics, especially from the first three seasons but I choose "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" as my favorite. Excellent performance from  Bruce McGill and an unforgettable ending.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was looking for the old thread, "Which ep would you recommend to someone watching for the first time?" but this is helpful.  If anyone does know of/finds the old topic, please bump it.

• 1 year later...

So hard to choose!  In no particular order:

Out Where the Buses Don't Run

Evan

Definitely Miami

Golden Triangle

When Irish Eyes are Crying 

Bought and Paid For

Redemption in Blood

• Like 3

I think my all-time favorite episode is Lombard. I just really like the story, and the way it is told.

And The Home Invaders. Possibly also Evan.

In season two, it's definitely Bushido that I enjoyed the most.

Generally, I like all episodes, especially the early ones, that go very deep into Film Noir. The whole Calderone arc, as well as Golden Triangle and Bushido are great examples of that. And of course Evan.

Miami Vice really hit the ground running early on with its then-modern take on Film Noir, and I really like that. It's almost difficult to find an early episode that's not steeped in elements of the Film Noir "genre". Later on in the series, they tried off-and-on to revisit all that, but IMO only with mild success.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Has anyone mentioned the pilot? It has a few weaknesses (as does any pilot), but it's gotta be one of my favorite episodes. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. It always fills me with a sense of newness and encouragement about what great things were to become with all my other favorite episodes. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Considering that favorite does not mean necessarily the best, I'd choose a fantastic episode that, though it is certainly not the best, it is always a very dramatic experience to me, no matter how many times I've watched it: "Mirror Image"

Edit note: I'm probably contradicting myself (previous posts), because over the years we tend to see great things on eps that we would not pay that much attention before

Edit note #2: I had to check it and I did elect "Mirror Image" as my favorite in this very thread, in 2009 (funny how for many things we're just the same person, more so than we tend to think)

Edited by ivoryjones
  • Like 2

On 3 August 2016 at 11:07 PM, Sea-light said:

1. Tale of a goat

2. Walk-alone

3. The cell within

4. Afternoon plane

5. Freefall

(Yes, I adore Tubbs:-))

I think someone's got a hold of Calderon's personal stash..

jk:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2016 at 6:40 PM, vicegirl85 said:

So hard to choose!  In no particular order:

Out Where the Buses Don't Run

Evan

Definitely Miami

Golden Triangle

When Irish Eyes are Crying 

Bought and Paid For

Redemption in Blood

Nice list! Impossible to truly narrow it down to even a short list for me, but if pressed, the first few that come to mind:

Out Where the Buses Don't Run

Evan

Definitely Miami

Phil the Shill

Smuggler's Blues

I'm often very fond of the Phil Collins episode, as it seems to include so many classic elements of the series. ..(And, well, Phil Collins. I always wished he would have returned and reprised that role.

Happiest New Year wishes to everyone! 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
Am 30.12.2016 um 18:33 schrieb Castillo71:

My favourite despite too many great ones is.....from S3:  SHADOW IN THE DARK.  

Masterpiece. Period.

May I ask you why? I'm curious because not so long ago I posted why I have a beef/problem with that episode. Would be interesting to hear your take on it.

Milk Run (1st Season)

Sons and Lovers (2nd Season)

Duty and Honor a.k.a The Savage (3rd Season)

Death and the Lady (4th Season)

Line of Fire (5th Season)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Is it me or Evan is just soooo overrated??

20 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

Milk Run (1st Season)

Sons and Lovers (2nd Season)

Duty and Honor a.k.a The Savage (3rd Season)

Death and the Lady (4th Season)

:clap::clap::clap:

20 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

Is it me or Evan is just soooo overrated??

I think it's just you on that one. :eek::) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

:clap::clap::clap:

I think it's just you on that one. :eek::) 

I'll take some pills then, Evan's episode seems to be in every Miami Vice episode rating chart :o:D 

14 minutes ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

I'll take some pills then, Evan's episode seems to be in every Miami Vice episode rating chart :o:D 

Hahaha. Nothing wrong with sharing opinions here! We all have our faves and not faves. That's one of the great things about this forum. 

I am interested to know if there are any specific things that turn you off the Evan episode. 

I will admit some of the scenes are a little discomforting, but I just assume they were designed to be. 

• Like 2

Favorite episode of all-time? Well, for me hands down the 2-part Hit List & Calderone's Demise (later called Calderone's Return Pts 1&2 in syndication) are the ultimate MV episodes! 

They have everything and sizzled with: non-stop action, music, color, wild plot twists, and the whole thing mesmerizes you! :glossy:

Other superb favorites include: Pilot--Brothers Keeper, The Great McCarthy, Smuggler's Blues, Evan, Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Definitely Miami, Tale of the Goat, One Way Ticket, Little Miss Dangerous, Payback, When Irish Eyes Are Crying, Shadow In the Dark, El Viejo, By Hooker By Crook, Heroes of the Revolution, Death and the Lady, Child's Play, God's Work, Love At First Sight, etc...

These are just a few of ones I love and consider some of the best! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3

On 25.05.2017 at 7:16 PM, Dadrian said:

Hahaha. Nothing wrong with sharing opinions here! We all have our faves and not faves. That's one of the great things about this forum. 

I am interested to know if there are any specific things that turn you off the Evan episode. 

I will admit some of the scenes are a little discomforting, but I just assume they were designed to be. 

No problem ;) I guess I'm one of those who like underrated episodes most.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2017 at 9:10 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Favorite episode of all-time? Well, for me hands down the 2-part Hit List & Calderone's Demise (later called Calderone's Return Pts 1&2 in syndication) are the ultimate MV episodes! 

They have everything and sizzled with: non-stop action, music, color, wild plot twists, and the whole thing mesmerizes you! :glossy:

Other superb favorites include: Pilot--Brothers Keeper, The Great McCarthy, Smuggler's Blues, Evan, Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Definitely Miami, Tale of the Goat, One Way Ticket, Little Miss Dangerous, Payback, When Irish Eyes Are Crying, Shadow In the Dark, El Viejo, By Hooker By Crook, Heroes of the Revolution, Death and the Lady, Child's Play, God's Work, Love At First Sight, etc...

These are just a few of ones I love and consider some of the best! :thumbsup:

Love the Calderone's Return 2-parter ..

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Love the Calderone's Return 2-parter ..

Me too...they're my all-time favorite episodes of MV! They had a little of everything the show was about, in my opinion. :thumbsup::glossy:

On 12/30/2016 at 11:33 AM, Castillo71 said:

My favourite despite too many great ones is.....from S3:  SHADOW IN THE DARK.  

Masterpiece. Period.

Amen...love this one! Freaky, creepy episode, and I watched it on the night it originally aired--HALLOWEEN--scared the crap out of me, lol! Although it's not my "all-time" favorite episode...Shadow In the Dark is definitely one of my favorites for sure! 

But, to me what makes this episode truly terrifying is that it was based off a real-life case in the Miami area years before! :eek: 

Edited by ViceFanMan

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Boca Raton said:

Death and the Lady - my favorite episode of MV ever.

its what the real Miami felt like back when I was a kid in 1989.

Ah yes - a dark but fantastic episode ! Good point from you :hippie:

• Like 1