CROCKETT'S RED HELICOPTER PROP, PHOTOS & INFO

COOPER&BURNETT

I always thought it was a reminder of Crockett's Vietnam days. As for how he got it...I got no idea but it's so damn cute!

I always thought it was a reminder of Crockett's Vietnam days. As for how he got it...I got no idea but it's so damn cute!

Now that is a very ORIGINAL idea!! :clap::clap:I never would have thought about that. That is actually an angle I never thought about.Very original Gina, very original.

I got one off Ebay a month ago. Maybe I'll post some pictures later. It's on my desk too.

:shout:Hey Gary, it looks like censorship IS alive & well on this great .WS website!

why is this helicopter so significant' date=' was it a gift from his son?[/quote']Nobody knows. Just for fun, we are coming up with ideas on how we THINK Crockett got it. Some of the stories that members came up with are pretty good!

I've always liked that little helicopter. It's nice to be able to see it up close. Thanks for sharing the photos.

I've always liked that little helicopter. It's nice to be able to see it up close. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Your welcome!I decided to do a full photoshoot of the helicopter from all angles to really give a sense of it. I too had never seen any good photos of it till I got mine, so I thought it best to share it with you! Never seen it done before, so I chose to do it.I love appreciative members like you. That's why I try to keep doing more stuff for you. Because you appreciate it, and take a moment to tell me.Thank YOU, vicefan. :thumbsup:

I got one off Ebay a month ago. Maybe I'll post some pictures later. It's on my desk too.

AWESOME!!Yeah, let's see some photos!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great job detective! :thumbsup::clap:

That's what I wanted to say: Brilliant!How did you come to the conclusion to think about McDonalds when you searched after the red helicopter?:confused::confused:

That's what I wanted to say: Brilliant!How did you come to the conclusion to think about McDonalds when you searched after the red helicopter?:confused::confused:

JURRASIC NARC sent me a PM and a web address of a person who had been selling them, and the site described what it was.JURRASIC said that the guy never responded to his requests to buy one.So, with the information JURRASIC NARC gave me, I contacted several toy collectors, and asked around. One collector had it, and I bought it.I just wanted to share this neat toy with you!As a thank you to my very good pal, JURRASIC, when I find another red helicopter, I'm going to send it to him free of charge. (We take care of our own here)Gotta thank JURRASIC NARC for getting the ball rolling! :clap:

• Administrators
:shout:Hey Gary' date=' it looks like censorship IS alive & well on this great .WS website![/quote']I would ask why you would even post that link here Tony but you just don't get it so I'm gonna make this short & sweet. I've asked repeatedly for the comments and posts to stop and yet they continue Tony, on both sites, courtesy of you and you alone. You are the last link to keeping the hostilities alive so to put it bluntly, I think it's time you pack your bags and move on to where you clearly want to be, namely .org. You won't be censored anymore, you can say whatever you want. You can badmouth us all and everyone there will agree with you but don't dare say you weren't warned.

I would ask why you would even post that link here Tony but you just don't get it so I'm gonna make this short & sweet. I've asked repeatedly for the comments and posts to stop and yet they continue Tony' date=' on both sites, courtesy of you and you alone. You are the last link to keeping the hostilities alive so to put it bluntly, I think it's time you pack your bags and move on to where you clearly want to be, namely .org.[/quote']Agreed.Tony, regarding my post, it was in fun, but to be honest, I'm glad it was deleted. Lou is right that we are at the point to call an end to the silly feud. It has run it's course and it's time to move on, and leave it behind us. Your posts were inappropriate as far as trying to instigate a continuance of the feud, and included allegations of censorship, and comparing one website to another. The feud is over, and I intend to pull a "Burnett amnesia" and just make believe it never happened. Feud? What feud?The OCB is here, and this is where my badge was issued. My loyalty is here.

THow did you come to the conclusion to think about McDonalds when you searched after the red helicopter?:confused::confused:

McD's Logo on the Tail Rotor Assembly & (of course) Mayor Mc"Double" face. I wonder if there is any copyright date on the toy ? I have a McD TrashCan Coin Bank with a 1974 © on it, but I'm not a collector....I know that Mattel at one time was a contract manufacturer for McD's Happy Meal toys, however now it is more of a licensed-based commodity depending upon the joint movie promotion agreements..(e.g. Star Wars stuff = Hasbro mfg. exclusively)

I also wonder what the aluminum disk that the 'copter rests on Crockett's desk...and please don't reply 'Heli-Patty'......ha ha.

It's a scale, used for weighing items small enough to fit on the "aluminum disc" weighing surface. Eingefügtes BildLater replaced by digital scales, which is what I use in my office now (no, not drugs! Used for postal weighing).

Well I guess I'm able to post pictures. Here's another:

Not bad.Just make the size of your image smaller, and you'll be there :thumbsup:.

I would ask why you would even post that link here Tony but you just don't get it so I'm gonna make this short & sweet. I've asked repeatedly for the comments and posts to stop and yet they continue Tony' date=' on both sites, courtesy of you and you alone. You are the last link to keeping the hostilities alive so to put it bluntly, I think it's time you pack your bags and move on to where you clearly want to be, namely .org. You won't be censored anymore, you can say whatever you want. You can badmouth us all and everyone there will agree with you but don't dare say you weren't warned.[/quote']This is really a joke!You & Richie Rich are saying that I'm keeping this feud going....All I did was post the link about Crockett's helicopter, because people were asking where to get it and that was presented on .org in May. I didn't object to Richie Rich's comment about .org still being on the internet, (which can be taken as more a trouble making remark than what I posted). I said nothing about it, and I never mentioned anything about all this garbage on .org. since your PM to me, Lou, about making remarks that keep the war going. You can look & see for yourselves, and I'm sure you have already, so it floors me that you are asking me to leave because I'M keeping the feud going???I think the real reason is because you don't like the fact that I'm on both web sites and won't bad-mouth .org. Why should I ? I have no trouble over there like I'm getting over here.I don't think I've done anything wrong by posting a link where people looking for help can get it there! All I said was "Check this out, folks." So if you want to suspend me, without a just cause, you will do exactly what they did to you, Lou. The deletion of my link post & R R's answer is the reason I posted the censorship ones.Richie Rich - Yes I did take your post as a fun comment!

I also wonder what the aluminum disk that the 'copter rests on Crockett's desk...and please don't reply 'Heli-Patty'......ha ha.

Richie Rich is correct. The helicopter on the show was sitting on a scale.I tried to mimic that look by putting it on top of aluminum storage bins from my kitchen.I just wanted to capture the look.Thank you SO MUCH for noticing that detail!