Awesome Unused Vice Script!

COOPER&BURNETT

Coop, Awesome Find!!!!:thumbsup::clap: I am always amazed at the things that you manage to get. Now all that you need, in my opinion, is either the Daytona Spyder or the Testarossa and you will be complete.;)Maybe I am wrong here, but I was reading through the script (what I could read) and felt that maybe this was an alternate idea to the episode "Baby Blues" from Season 3. Maybe the alternate to the situation of the baby adoption situation that happened in that episode. Gina & Trudy were the ones to deal with the guy that adopted the baby that died, and then made another adoption through the same guy. But then Sonny & Rico were the ones that actually went to this adoption company to talk with the guy. I can't remember the names of all the characters, but the guy who adopted the kids was played by the same man who later played Frank Mosca. Maybe the mention of Billy's adoption had to do with Sonny thinking about what it would be like for his son to be adopted, given everything that had happened in that episode. Maybe it was just an alternate way of seeing this particular episode. Just my opinion though.

I didn´t think about this ep, but now as you mention it, Maria, I think you´re right. It all suits together!But it´s really fantastic that Coop always digs out such great stuff! I wish I would know how he always manages to get these great things!

Coop' date=' Awesome Find!!!!:thumbsup::clap: I am always amazed at the things that you manage to get. Now all that you need, in my opinion, is either the Daytona Spyder or the Testarossa and you will be complete.;)Maybe I am wrong here, but I was reading through the script (what I could read) and felt that maybe this was an alternate idea to the episode "Baby Blues" from Season 3. Maybe the alternate to the situation of the baby adoption situation that happened in that episode. Gina & Trudy were the ones to deal with the guy that adopted the baby that died, and then made another adoption through the same guy. But then Sonny & Rico were the ones that actually went to this adoption company to talk with the guy. I can't remember the names of all the characters, but the guy who adopted the kids was played by the same man who later played Frank Mosca. Maybe the mention of Billy's adoption had to do with Sonny thinking about what it would be like for his son to be adopted, given everything that had happened in that episode. Maybe it was just an alternate way of seeing this particular episode. Just my opinion though.[/quote']An interesting idea, but this is no way related to BABY BLUES.When the writers submit scripts for consideration for the next seasons stories, they aren't told to do a story on any given topic. They don't exchange ideas, they are competing for work, and do it alone. The only exception would be if two writers are hired to work together on developing something.A writer writes a script or two with his ideas and submits it for consideration. If it's chosen, they pay the writer $17,000 - $18,000 for it, and they own the rights. They then have the option of making it into an episode. They don't check with one another on what another writer is doing, after all, they are competing to have thier stories chosen so they can be paid and keep working.If it WERE an alternate version of it, only the writer who wrote the idea in the first place would change it around. If someone used thier idea, and changed it around and got credit and paid for it, the Writers Guild would sue on his behalf for stealing the idea, and not paying him for it. Therefore, it's better to come up with one's own original ideas. Dick Wolf, and Michael Duggan wrote BABY BLUES. My script is by no means the only unfilmed MIAMI VICE script that was not made into an episode, however, most likely only NBC and the writer would have a copy of it. NBC would have a copy of MOTHER'S KEEPERS in thier vaults, but I now own the writers personal copy, and most likely, the only copy outside of NBC. I've peeked around the script, and it in no way resembles BABY BLUES. It's not even close. It's it's own original story.I've been asked by a member here via PM to please give a synopsis of the script when I have read it.I absolutely WILL do that for you all. (I'll read it while playing JAN HAMMER vice score music.)P.S. I want the Daytona.....the testarossa would be cool too. Got one to sell?

How did you find this great piece of memorabilia:clap:

How? ....................................................................................because I'm Coop.

Well, I read the script tonight, and here's the short synopsis:A young girl decides to change her mind about having her new baby adopted. She is murdered. It turns out that she was going to sell her baby to a good home through a sleezy woman Lawyer. When the young mother decided not to sell her baby, she was killed by a thug the lawyer hired, and the baby was taken and sold to the good home anyway. The adopted parents had no idea of the girls murder, and adored the baby.The baby was taken from the heartbroken adopted parents, and placed in foster care during the investigation. Gina sadly admits to Crockett that she got pregnant once, and had to have an abortion. She regrets it, although she wasn't ready to be a young mother. (I wonder if she killed the guy she slept with? :)) The parents of the murdered girl want the baby (the grandparents), and want the $10,000 sum of money that was paid to the girl originally for the baby (she would have returned it being she changed her mind), but it was being held as evidence. The girl had left home because she was beaten by her dad, and wasn't allowed to return as an unwed pregnant mother. They were mean people who just wanted her money. Gina didn't want them to have the baby because they were bad people, and might harm the baby.The lawer is set up as Crockett and Gina pose as a married couple who want a child. Crockett tells the Lawyer they tried to get pregnant, but he's shooting blanks. The hired thug sets off a bomb in a health clinic killing a woman who used to help out the lawyer, but told her she wanted out, and decides to help the vice squad.The hired thug's van is traced by Switek and Zito, and Crockett and Tubbs go to his place of residence to arrest him. The thug is shot, and lives in a gunfight with Crockett and Tubbs (Crockett shoots him....obviously :):thumbsup:)The Lawyer tries to set up a flight to leave town when everything goes bad. She is at a pay phone at a water park with children in swimsuits everywhere. She's wearing a business suit. When she spots the tail, and sees Crockett, Tubbs, and Gina after her, she takes off running, breaking a shoe heel in the process. Gina grabs her to arrest her. The Lawyer hits Gina, and she falls down dropping her gun. The Lawyer picks up the gun, and grabs a child. She points the gun at Gina, as she backs up slowly. Gina keeps advancing on her, until the Lawyer's other heel breaks, and she looses her ballance falling back over railing above a waterpark river. Gina grabs the child before the Lawyer falls to her death by drowning and carried down the entire length of the waterpark river.The story ends by Crockett personally giving the baby back to the nice adopted parents who originally were givin the baby by the Lawyer.Gina and Tubbs were pleased with Crockett, as the baby is now safe. The story ends happily.

• Like 1

Thank you for the synopsis reads great. Even though I absolutely understand your explanation about who scripts get submitted, it does read a bit like the Baby Blues story, almost a rival to that story... Interesting.It would have been a great episode had it ever made it. Please pass our thanks on to whoever you got this from, great piece of VICE memorabilia. :clap:

Thank you for the synopsis reads great. Even though I absolutely understand your explanation about who scripts get submitted' date=' it does read a bit like the Baby Blues story, almost a rival to that story... Interesting.It would have been a great episode had it ever made it. Please pass our thanks on to whoever you got this from, great piece of VICE memorabilia. :clap:[/quote']I suppose when Maria said it was like an alternate BABY BLUES, I can see a very slight similarity. Selling babies by a lawyer to rich people. But that's where the similarity ends.How many similarities can we all find in episodes where Crockett and Tubbs bust someone selling drugs?Perhaps there WERE subjects that were asked of the writers. "Someone needs to do a story next year on selling babies on the black market".Perhaps possible topics they wanted touched upon were suggested, and the writers took it from there.

Wow Coop' date=' this is really something! The waiting was absolutely worth while :dance2::clap::clap::clap:[/quote']That's GREAT!!It's VERY special to me to own this.I always try to find cool, rare stuff to entertain you. :thumbsup:

Really great stuff, Coop!:clap: The story sounds very interesting, but it would be great to find out why they hadn´t taken this story. As you told there were always some similarities between the stories because most of them were about drug dealers.

interview him!

I can TRY to interview Gustav, but only if he agrees to do so.He's currently busy, and working, so it may not be possible.I can ask.

Thats great Mr C&B. What a fantastic find' date=' it does read a little like baby blues.What would we do without you finding these little treasures[/quote']Thanks my good friend,I'm so glad that you like what I bring to the site........I just may have more VICE rarities to show. ....but only if your all good. ;)

I can TRY to interview Gustav' date=' but only if he agrees to do so.He's currently busy, and working, so it may not be possible.I can ask.[/quote']However you became affiliated with Gustav, I have no idea, but that's just incredible. That's a backstory I think we'd like to hear if you care to share details. Understand if that's private.Three cheers, man. You are one of the champions of all vice-dom.I think an interview would be great, you should ask him if on such and such date if he'd have 20 minutes available for an interview for the best fansite. After he says yes, start collecting questions from us!"Dude, did you meet Gina? How hot was she?" J/k. Or maybe not.

I think an interview would be great' date=' you should ask him if on such and such date if he'd have 20 minutes available for an interview for the best fansite. After he says yes, start collecting questions from us!"Dude, did you meet Gina? How hot was she?" J/k. Or maybe not.[/quote']I see a new thread forming; questions!"Did you ever get to ride in the Testarossa? And did you have to wipe after?":D

The writer of the script lives in Los Angeles. I'm not certain if he ever visited the set. He only had one script accepted, so I don't think he spent much time in MIAMI.

• 2 weeks later...