DJ's RARE SCREEN WORN RAYBANS!

COOPER&BURNETT

.......Now for the sunglasses.Some of the 6 pairs made may have been lost due to damage due to stunts' date=' breaking etc......[/quote']Interesting Number of SIX...My ex-REVO marketing contact sent at least 2 dozen pairs...all were based on the Model 840/001.....equal spread between blue and orange mirror with some neutral gray too...)...all dependent upon the final set/designer and director of photog's choice of what looked best for the Burnett character...obviously BLUE was the choice...probably most prominent and easily to remember for the scene/line with Cliff and...."Nice Groceries .... Don't Plan a Future in Mind Reading...." scene....funny how disposable props really are in the industry....and how collectible they are to real fans...Funny, they (Revo marketing) pulled all the REVO logos off the frame even before they were sent there....based on a veiled warning regarding product placement...unless they wanted to negotiate....ha...

Wayfarers have come in may colors, frame materials (even wood..) and such.What are model numbers...(specific MV..maybe changed over the seasons)sizes and such...Maybe discussed earlier..thanks.I've liked B*L Drifters and Wafayer NOMADs....Thanks.

Interesting Number of SIX...My ex-REVO marketing contact sent at least 2 dozen pairs...all were based on the Model 840/001.....equal spread between blue and orange mirror with some neutral gray too...)...all dependent upon the final set/designer and director of photog's choice of what looked best for the Burnett character...obviously BLUE was the choice...probably most prominent and easily to remember for the scene/line with Cliff and...."Nice Groceries .... Don't Plan a Future in Mind Reading...." scene....funny how disposable props really are in the industry....and how collectible they are to real fans...Funny' date=' they (Revo marketing) pulled all the REVO logos off the frame even before they were sent there....based on a veiled warning regarding product placement...unless they wanted to negotiate....ha...[/quote']I'd have to ask the propmaster, but my guess is that the flat lense glasses had six pairs for closeups, and for further away shots with running, driving in cars, and stunt men from a distance, regular shades may have been in more supply. Just a guess.Flat lense glasses are for close ups.

Unbelievable, Coop! Absolutely fascinating.These are the pinnacle of miami vice collectables, in my humble opinion. They say Vice like nothing else.

Unbelievable' date=' Coop! Absolutely fascinating.These are the pinnacle of miami vice collectables, in my humble opinion. They say Vice like nothing else.[/quote']Thank you SOOOoooooooo much for saying that.That is EXACTLY how I feel!They may have changed into different clothes, but he always had his shades. People will ALWAYS remember the sunglasses.Thank you Whoa! :cheers:

I would guess 49 or 50 mm. The 54 mm would be to big for his tiny little feace back then :) On my wayfarer the size is mentioned. Not on these?

On the vintage pairs, like the type used on the show, it doesn't have the size of the lenses on the glasses. (I haven't recieved the ones from the show yet, but it's in transit). The vintage 1985 pair I have, has this stamped into the frame (B&L 5022). Does that indicate the size of the lense?Also, on the temple that has the word "WAYFARER" stamped into it, it also has stamped into it, "L2052 VSAS" (If I'm reading the tiny writing correctly).When the "FLAT LENSES" raybans show up, I'll cross check the the numbers on that one to see how it compares.

great for you my coop :)congrats' date='i know how you feel,when you got a new collectors item you were after[/quote']It really is a rush!!!I get so happy when I aquire a new item from VICE. For me, the rarer the better!!Some people may think I take things too far when it comes to MIAMI VICE, but I'm having so much fun. These are important items from a classic TV series.

Your new glasses prompted me to replace my current Raybans, L2009 something, with 2140 901's, something closer to original. Current ones are too big on my face, my wife likes to remind me constantly, so time for new ones :cheers:

Your new glasses prompted me to replace my current Raybans' date=' L2009 something, with 2140 901's, something closer to original. Current ones are too big on my face, my wife likes to remind me constantly, so time for new ones :cheers:[/quote']:shout: CONGRADULATONS!!! :shout::clap:Sounds like a wise choice my good friend! :cool::thumbsup:Post pictures Pal!

On the vintage pairs' date=' like the type used on the show, it doesn't have the size of the lenses on the glasses. (I haven't recieved the ones from the show yet, but it's in transit). The vintage 1985 pair I have, has this stamped into the frame (B&L 5022). Does that indicate the size of the lense?Also, on the temple that has the word "WAYFARER" stamped into it, it also has stamped into it, "L2052 VSAS" (If I'm reading the tiny writing correctly).When the "FLAT LENSES" raybans show up, I'll cross check the the numbers on that one to see how it compares.[/quote']No Coop, B&L 5022 is the modelnumber, like L2052 VSAS is the modelnumber, like mine is the RB 2113. Don't know why there are two numbers........Both glasses are no longer available but on ebay or such. B&L stands for Bausch and Lomb, the manufacturers of the lense. I think you have to measure the size yourself by measuring the width of a lense from left to right, where the lense is the broadest, on the top of the lense. My width there is 54. Can't help you any further, sorry. Even looking it up on Google gave me just one hit. You know who? Some guy called Cooper and Burnett on Miami-vice.org (LOL)Let me know okay?

No Coop' date=' B&L 5022 is the modelnumber, like L2052 VSAS is the modelnumber, like mine is the RB 2113. Don't know why there are two numbers........Both glasses are no longer available but on ebay or such. B&L stands for Bausch and Lomb, the manufacturers of the lense. I think you have to measure the size yourself by measuring the width of a lense from left to right, where the lense is the broadest, on the top of the lense. My width there is 54. Can't help you any further, sorry. Even looking it up on Google gave me just one hit. You know who? Some guy called Cooper and Burnett on Miami-vice.org (LOL)Let me know okay?[/quote']Hopefully my flat lense wayfarers will be delivered today (it's arrived in my city according to the tracking number, but it could be tomorrow before I get it).I'll be interested if the markings are the same, or different from the screen worn versions, and my vintage 1985 versions.

i know im like that too,some people also tell me,dont you think youre spending too much you already have enough of that,so i understand that

if i would be you i would do a museum tour' date='i know people who have done that[/quote']I've thought about it. Doing an exhibit in Los Angeles, or the California State Fair.Not really a high priority for me when I can show it around the world on the internet and it can be safe with me.

I took some photos today, but they didn't turn out very well, because it was cloudy, and rainy, but tomorrow it's to be clear, so I will try the photos tomorrow when the sun comes out.As for markings on the inside frame of the studio raybans, it's the same as mine (B&L 5022). The lenses size are the same as mine, but there is NO marking on the end of temple arm like mine (mine was stamped l2052 vsas), except for the name "wayfarer".Mine has "wayfarer" but also has numbers on it. This one just has "Wayfarer" stamped into it, no numbers.