Forgive Us Our Debts

miamijimf

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 9:29pm by tom71Hi all, I´m encircling the location of the church in "Forgive us our debts" (you know the scene where the VICE team checks all community members via their license plates. It´s an old church built of stone. I have two suspects: 1.Plymouth Congregational Church (3429 Devon Road) http://www.miamidade.gov/filmiami/gallery/Church1.asp 2. The Spanish Monastery (16711 West Dixie Highway North Miami Beach) http://www.spanishmonastery.com What do you think? Posted: 08 July 2006 at 3:07am by MATT5It was the Spanish Monastery Posted: 08 July 2006 at 10:01am by tom71Thanks Matt! I thought the same, especially the archway is very specific. It can be seen in the scene at the beginning of the ep where Castillo and Crockett listen to the priest in the garden. CU, Tom Posted: 08 July 2006 at 9:42pm by MATT5the scene where the gang monitor the church from the van is also spanish monastery in that episode.Posted: 08 July 2006 at 9:54pm by tom71thanks for the confirmation, Matt5! I´m now trying to locate the house in this ep where Thomas Waldman had his office. It´s the same house used in "Killshot" and is near the Metrorail. There is a scene where Crockett and Tubbs go to their car outside this building which should facilitate to pinpoint it. Posted: 27 March 2007 at 9:36pm by MATT51. 2424 South Dixie Highway is the location of the white glass brick fronted office building, of the young election candidate Crockett knows, featured a few times in this episode. In the first scene as C & T walk down the steps at the side of the building you will see the large "2424" in large black letters. Also as they get into the testarossa you see the Metro Rail lines above the S Dixie H'way 2.The Ancient Spanish Monastery/ Gardens in North Miami was also used extensively in this episode. 3.The shot of the Testarossa driving after visiting The Monastery is over the Macarthur Cswy bridge towards Miami Beach just hitting Watson Is ( w/ James Knight Centre, Courthouse and Freedom Tower in b/g) 2424 South Dixie Highway ( Google Maps): http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2424+south+dixie+highway+miami&sll=53.098145,-2.443696&sspn=9.796553,29.619141&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=19&ll=25.740761,-80.234506&spn=0.000896,0.002688&t=h&om=1 Posted: 31 March 2007 at 12:20am by tom71The S.Dixie House was also used as interior of Morales home in "Killshot" as can clearly be seen by the glass brick walls.Posted: 31 March 2007 at 2:09am by MATT5Tom - you suprise me on that one as it is obvioulsy an office building so doubling as an interior for Morales home from "Killshot" seems a little strange considering how much Morales house looked like a "real" home inside it also looked too wide for the 2424 building . You have info on this interior ? any idea of the exterior of Morales house? Im waiting for delivery of your book. The "Killshot" exterior shot to Tico's apartment is a nite shot of the Greenberg Traurig building @1221 Brickell. Posted: 31 March 2007 at 1:01pm by tom71I always recognized that in both eps they used the same house interior. I was just not sure where it was, except for being next to Metrorail. Go back, watch the "Killshot" episode and tell me what you think. They often used office buildings for office scenes AND other scenes alike if they were able to cluster location shootings. Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:49pm by airtommy Here's a sat pic of District Attorney Tom Waldman's office: Eingefügtes BildRed arrow = C+T walking to their car Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:59pm by airtommy Thomas Barkley's "witness protection" house The house is on a narrow canal, and the canal opens onto wide-open water with some buildings visible far in the distance. This almost surely means Biscayne Bay. It has a quarter-circle balcony overlooking the pool area, and some trees hang over the water. My guess is Sunset Island #3 on the corner of Sunset Drive & W 23rd Street. Eingefügtes BildPosted: 31 March 2007 at 9:06pm by airtommyC&T arrive via boat at judge's outdoor party I grappled with this one for several days. It had always "felt" like it was south of Miami (Brickell or Coconut Grove). But the angle of the causeway in the background as well as the placement of the shrubby islands nearby did not work. I finally found a better match once I decided to look north: Eingefügtes BildI think the bridge in the background is the William Lehman Causeway which goes by Turnberry Isle. The table could have been set up in the area I circled, or perhaps a bit north or south of there. This needs further investigation on foot ... Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:17pm by airtommy Gus Albierro's auto shop This is still the same business it was 20 years ago: Los Dos Hermanos 766 W Flagler Street Miami Eingefügtes BildPosted: 04 April 2007 at 12:09am by MATT5also imo the Thomas Barkley "Witness Protection" House is spot on airtommy great work. I was just studying this scene and there is a small out house to left of the pool area where Crockett soaks Barkley. Everything else adds up here on Microsoft Live and the outhouse is there also Posted: 06 January 2008 at 6:55am by airtommyOpening scene "sonnyfarrell" said this: "The house from "Deliver Us From Evil" is on Sunset Is 1. From the opening shots before the music rolled - where hackman went after the family - this was shot on Sunset Is 1. I use to live on that Island back in 88 and remember the crew setting up - here and by PM" I don't see how that could have been filmed on any Sunset Island. There is no curvey and heavily wooded road there.Posted: 06 January 2008 at 1:26pm by MATT5I agree airtommy - that was a big house too
  • Like 1

The stadium scene supposed to be in Stuart Florida was filmed at the old Miami Stadium. See the Miami Stadium thread here: linkThanks for the help and the confirmation.

• 1 year later...
I have now published this episode on my location site" data-date=" enjoy; [URL="http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net"">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Great work as usual Charlie. I seem to remember that the road in the opening Miami 1980 scene showing Crockett driving Frankel home from work was found. Might have been location trivia. I'll look for it.

Great work as usual Charlie. I seem to remember that the road in the opening Miami 1980 scene showing Crockett driving Frankel home from work was found. Might have been location trivia. I'll look for it.

Ditto that. Great stuff, C Glide. :thumbsup:

Ditto that. Great stuff' date=' C Glide. :thumbsup:[/quote']Thanks and thank you also miamijimf. I appreciate it. This is one of the episodes that all though it was not one of my favorites at all the first time around, I have grown to like it more and more as time goes on and I watch it more. It is funny seeing Donna Rice in it after what happened with her. I did enjoy working on this one allot for my location site. .

Thanks and thank you also miamijimf. I appreciate it. This is one of the episodes that all though it was not one of my favorites at all the first time around' date=' I have grown to like it more and more as time goes on and I watch it more. It is funny seeing Donna Rice in it after what happened with her. I did enjoy working on this one allot for my location site. .[/color']

Your work in finding these locations never fails to amaze. :clap:It is a good ep, and the Hackman character is one of the best baddies, imo. LOL, I did not realize that Donna Rice was in this ep and so I looked it up. Seems she went on to meet Gary Hart and I'm recalling the imfamous pose on the yacht Monkey Business. Can you say ...how to kill your Presidential bid in one easy move?

Monkey Business. Can you say ...how to kill your Presidential bid in one easy move?

It is funny how things are connected. Here in this ep. we see her acting in Miami Vice. We see her first in an add for Gator Kicks Bar where she appears topless (just before getting caught in the affair). Of course that same bar has a big part in the Vice episode Bad Timming.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildSmokey and the Bandit 3 also filmed at Gator Kicks. Which further connects to Vice in that Smokey and The Bandit 3 also filmed opposite Turnberry in the exact spot we see used in Phil The Shill. What boat were they on in Smokey 3? Monkey Business of course. The Quenn of Rock and Roll, Lillian Briggs' yacht which is the boat where Hart got caught/photographed with Rice which was normally docked at Briggs' place- Turnberry Isle that we see so much of in Vice.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Great SoflaJeremy thankyou:DIsnt the first cut on the ferrari on the causeway - Macarthur Cswy as that is Knight Centre in b/g and there is no Hamilton on Bay near egde of cswy - which you would find on the Julia Tuttle ?:D

Great SoflaJeremy thankyou:DIsnt the first cut on the ferrari on the causeway - Macarthur Cswy as that is Knight Centre in b/g and there is no Hamilton on Bay near egde of cswy - which you would find on the Julia Tuttle ?:D

Yup thanks!:o

It is funny how things are connected. Here in this ep. we see her acting in Miami Vice. We see her first in an add for Gator Kicks Bar where she appears topless (just before getting caught in the affair). Of course that same bar has a big part in the Vice episode Bad Timming.'Eingefügtes'EingefügtesSmokey and the Bandit 3 also filmed at Gator Kicks. Which further connects to Vice in that Smokey and The Bandit 3 also filmed opposite Turnberry in the exact spot we see used in Phil The Shill. What boat were they on in Smokey 3? Monkey Business of course. The Quenn of Rock and Roll" data-date=" Lillian Briggs">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpd3eeba5f.pngEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Ha, I forgot about the Gator Kicks poster girl thing. That place is closed now I believe, isn't it?Never knew about the Smokey and the Bandit movie connection. So that last photo in here is of Turnberry Isle then? And there was another Donna later on in this ep on the boat with Sonny...poetic justice I'd say or a producer's wry sense of humor maybe if the Hart thing was already known.

Ha' date=' I forgot about the Gator Kicks poster girl thing. That place is closed now I believe, isn't it?Never knew about the Smokey and the Bandit movie connection. So that last photo in here is of Turnberry Isle then? And there was another Donna later on in this ep on the boat with Sonny...poetic justice I'd say or a producer's wry sense of humor maybe if the Hart thing was already known.[/quote']That is funny as the National Enquirer article and picture did not come out until June 2, 1987 but there were plenty of rumors long before that and it was not his only affair. So it is possible that it was a sneaky little jab.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Enjoyed this episode last nite  :D  :fireworks:

The cafe scene early on in the episode is interesting still not found  - at first I thought it was Greenwich studios but if you look there are buildings opposite and cars on the street ( although not a busy street ) could have been filmed out at the old stadium near where the Clam car was shot .? 

Eingefügtes Bild

• 2 years later...
On 10/10/2010 at 8:54 PM, miamijimf said:

The stadium scene supposed to be in Stuart Florida was filmed at the old Miami Stadium. See the Miami Stadium thread here: linkThanks for the help and the confirmation.

Having a little difficulty pinpointing the exact location of the background buildings seen as C&T pull into this stadium to the Clamtrap. Jeremy says its nice to the prison ( which I presume is the one seen at the end of the episode as Hackman is released) the address is 2500 NW10th Avenue , Miami

Here is 2502 NW10th Avenue is this it ?! Just trying to pinpoint exact location of the stadium and where they pulled in :D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.8003413,-80.2112473,3a,75y,309.08h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqfe2XRTkVXM8wtpHnqRr2w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

17 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Having a little difficulty pinpointing the exact location of the background buildings seen as C&T pull into this stadium to the Clamtrap. Jeremy says its nice to the prison ( which I presume is the one seen at the end of the episode as Hackman is released) the address is 2500 NW10th Avenue , Miami

Here is 2502 NW10th Avenue is this it ?! Just trying to pinpoint exact location of the stadium and where they pulled in :D

No, that's not it.  Check out the link in my post here:  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/3196-miami-stadium/&do=findComment&comment=71516

When the police pull in, the warehouses in the background behind them have hardly changed at all.  Allied Printing Service is still there today at 2303 NW 8th Avenue.

If you look at this spot on historicaerials.com , C&T drive southbound on the little dirt road parallel to NW 8th Ave and park in the SE corner lot of the stadium grounds facing west.

This is a baseball stadium, but the P.A. announcer is describing football action.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 07/09/2016 at 5:42 AM, airtommy said:

No, that's not it.  Check out the link in my post here:  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/3196-miami-stadium/&do=findComment&comment=71516

When the police pull in, the warehouses in the background behind them have hardly changed at all.  Allied Printing Service is still there today at 2303 NW 8th Avenue.

If you look at this spot on historicaerials.com , C&T drive southbound on the little dirt road parallel to NW 8th Ave and park in the SE corner lot of the stadium grounds facing west.

This is a baseball stadium, but the P.A. announcer is describing football action.  :)

I was just looking at this location the old stadium / clam trap stand at Nw8th Ave/ Nw23rd street and see the pic below is this right ? As I would like to visit this location 

C and T would pull in front of the fence parallel to Nw 8th Ave and the green grass in front would have been the stadium location ?!?

IMG_0812.PNG

IMG_0813.PNG

Edited by Matt5

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I was just looking at this location the old stadium / clam trap stand at Nw8th Ave/ Nw23rd street and see the pic below is this right ? As I would like to visit this location 

C and T would pull in front of the fence parallel to Nw 8th Ave and the green grass in front would have been the stadium location ?!?

The stadium took up an entire city block, which is now the green grass area plus also the "Miami Stadium Apartments".

This screen capture is looking directly eastward.  The road you see is NW 8th Ave.  This is about the same view you see when the police come barging into the parking lot.  All of this takes place in the southeast corner of what is now the green grass field.

forgive20.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Four blu ray images from this episode 

1)  Biscayne Bay Yacht Club in Coconut Grove, 2) Side of Ancient Spanish Monastery in North Miami, 3)Autoshop on W.Flagler, 4) MacArthur Cswy at Watson Is.

2CF20FDC-A9F7-4B63-8EA2-A19BDAB165C9.jpeg

92C03E9A-8B0E-4287-97D5-04C328D4FE4D.jpeg

9D89D27A-78D8-4010-B94A-B503A2AEC86E.jpeg

8AE25D59-1898-4158-ACA6-928BC7CDE3DB.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

In this episode we see someone from the Vice team walk out and hand the number plates to Stan in the green van - this was filmed at the side of the Ancient Monastery. We only see this location this once in the episode and I took the picture a year ago when I visited this location. Stan would have been parked where the grass verge starts.

848DF600-BFF7-4C2F-8E49-1349A1D6FF43.jpeg

Edited by Matt5