Episode #20 "Nobody Lives Forever"

Ferrariman

5 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

We weren’t shown how they met, but I think we were supposed to think Crockett had been dating Brenda for a while...we were just now getting to see her (much like his relationship with Theresa later—although she was in 2 episodes). But, Brenda knew who Sonny was & what he did (although obviously didn’t fully understand how his career would affect hers)...so I don’t think she met him in a ‘Burnett’ situation. She was high society, but I don’t think the rich-but-with-drugs crowd. She seemed very naive & clueless about that life and what Crockett really had to deal with in his job.

But, Tubbs definitely set her straight...hurtful as it was, she knew he was right. She didn’t have much to say when he talked about police barbecues & softball games. I wonder if she’d ever been to a barbecue? :p 

Castillo was so much more than a “stare-down”...but in this episode it definitely was affective & got the point across. :funky: I too enjoyed some of the other OCB cast get to be in on the action—Zito, Trudy, etc...while Crockett was being punished. 

I enjoy this episode and I too originally gave it an 8...still stand by that! :thumbsup: 

Would like to add I would have been madder at Crockett for not showing up that morning, if I had been in Tubb's shoes. If roles had been reversed we would have seen hell breaking lose on screen.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Some say Brenda isn't very pretty but like Margaret I think her hairstyle doesn't help.

In "Manhunter" Kim looks much more attractive.

Kim Greist - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't a huge fan of this episode, mostly because the gang was really annoying and over acting. I get that they were out of control and the title clearly refers to that, but a minute into each of their scenes I wanted to fast forward it. I enjoyed the interplay between Sonny and Brenda, but in the end it wasn't enough to drag the spotlight off the spazs. As vicegirl85 said, I found it hard to believe they wouldn't have been arrested immediately after their first foray into ripping off the bookies, especially after killing the first guy (who looked a lot like Izzy?)

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb GoombayPunch:

I wasn't a huge fan of this episode, mostly because the gang was really annoying and over acting. I get that they were out of control and the title clearly refers to that, but a minute into each of their scenes I wanted to fast forward it. I enjoyed the interplay between Sonny and Brenda, but in the end it wasn't enough to drag the spotlight off the spazs. As vicegirl85 said, I found it hard to believe they wouldn't have been arrested immediately after their first foray into ripping off the bookies, especially after killing the first guy (who looked a lot like Izzy?)

You're right. The gang was really completely over the top and you constantly have the feeling that they are on drugs.
But I also found Brenda kind of annoying. As others have said, she knew what Crockett's job was. After being shot at during her phone call with Sonny, her statement that SHE was shot at didn't fit either. No one shot at her because she was only on the phone.
To me, all the time she made the impression of a woman who has no real idea about life and obviously could do whatever she wanted in her job.
I got the impression Sonny had told her he wanted to get up early in the morning, possibly also that he wanted to meet Tubbs, but Brenda felt he needed sleep. 
The end of the relationship again seemed very matter-of-fact and unemotional to me. There was no real regret, but seemed to me more like two business partners ending their working relationship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Christine said:

The end of the relationship again seemed very matter-of-fact and unemotional to me. There was no real regret, but seemed to me more like two business partners ending their working relationship.

...didn't really see the sparkle between them either...

• Like 3

• Administrators

Loved Jan’s score for this episode.  Dadrian does an outstanding cover of it!  Check out “Brenda” in the downloads section.:thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb sdiegolo78:

If I think about it ... you are right.

• Like 3

• Administrators
15 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Sonny and Brenda were too mismatched.  This was clearly obvious by her "Paris for summer" quote and Sonny's answer of "maybe when I retire"    I think "tasteful but shallow jet setter" described her perfectly.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Sonny and Brenda were too mismatched.  This was clearly obvious by her "Paris for summer" quote and Sonny's answer of "maybe when I retire"    I think "tasteful but shallow jet setter" described her perfectly.

No, they were never going to make a go of it, it was  clear, added to the feeling I have that no woman would have been more important to him than his job (and certainly no lifestyle).

• Like 1

Those three punks ruin a perfectly good episode.

Their acting was either over the top or just plain stupid. The way they were carrying on in the café was unbearable to watch, particularly from Michael Carmine.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

5 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

No, they were never going to make a go of it, it was  clear, added to the feeling I have that no woman would have been more important to him than his job (and certainly no lifestyle).

You are both sport on! And Tubbs, from the outside, could see through it (remember the conversation over breakfast, 'police barbecues and softball games' she wouldn't have much to say about) objectively before Sonny released and finally split from her.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Those three punks ruin a perfectly good episode.

Their acting was either over the top or just plain stupid. The way they were carrying on in the café was unbearable to watch, particularly from Michael Carmine.

I despised the three of them, for both the acting and the plain stupidity. Glad you called out the worse of the trio, Michael Carmine. They got what they deserved in the end and that was delightful to watch. I would have liked to see them in "The Cell Within" episode among Jake Manning's "special guests" :evil:, had they not died in "nobody lives forever".

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 3:14 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Some say Brenda isn't very pretty but like Margaret I think her hairstyle doesn't help.

Kim Greist was a fine woman back in the 80s!

Edited by sdiegolo78

1 hour ago, sdiegolo78 said:

I despised the three of them, for both the acting and the plain stupidity. Glad you called out the worse of the trio, Michael Carmine. They got what they deserved in the end and that was delightful to watch. I would have liked to see them in "The Cell Within" episode among Jake Manning's "special guests" :evil:, had they not died in "nobody lives forever".

Good ending though :) 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 3:14 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Ah but Margaret had a "boyish" hairstyle..which sort of went with her manner :) What say you, Dadrian ? ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdiegolo78 said:

You are both sport on! And Tubbs, from the outside, could see through it (remember the conversation over breakfast, 'police barbecues and softball games' she wouldn't have much to say about) objectively before Sonny released and finally split from her.

He tends to be temporarily dazzled when first infatuated :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, GoombayPunch said:

As vicegirl85 said, I found it hard to believe they wouldn't have been arrested immediately after their first foray into ripping off the bookies, especially after killing the first guy (who looked a lot like Izzy?)

that's a good observation, but again it's fiction. In real life, especially nowadays, they would be arrested almost immediately.  For the sake of the show they can't be apprehended by any other Miami cop. Their fate is only served in the end..nobody lives forever...bang bang...

• Like 3

On 6/2/2021 at 6:34 PM, Christine said:

you constantly have the feeling that they are on drugs.

..on drugs? that's an understatement to me! :)

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Friends and people on the "outside" always have a much clearer view of the situation.   ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ferrariman said:

Friends and people on the "outside" always have a much clearer view of the situation.   ;)

Lust is blind :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Lust is blind :) 

You speak from experience, Dadrian? (Only asking :)  I'm quite a cool cat myself...it never overcomes my critical faculties :) )

8 minutes ago, wolfie1996 said:

You speak from experience, Dadrian? (Only asking :)  I'm quite a cool cat myself...it never overcomes my critical faculties :) )

I was just referencing the “LWP” quote

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Friends looking from the outside often mean well, until you get unsolicited advice...and that's very annoying

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sdiegolo78 said:

unsolicited advice

There is nothing worse. 

Well, maybe when the server asks you if you need sauce for your medium rare ribeye. :)  (sorry @wolfie1996 :p)

• Haha 2