Tommy Vercetti

Movies / shows filmed in Miami

C Glide    569
C Glide

I was working on updating my pre vice movie site yesterday with info obtained from a reader when I got "sidetracked" looking at a different unknown location from the same movie. Smokey and the Bandit 3. Originally suspected this location but somehow passed on it. Spent hours looking elsewhere over time and then yesterday revisited it with a different view point and bam. I was able to confirm a scene where Big and Little Enos picnic on the side of the road waiting for Justice and Jr. to drive by was filmed in John U  Lloyd State Park, Dania Beach. I am updating the site with the info. I strongly suspect they filmed the fishing scene in the john boat where Jr. hooks Justice was also filmed in the park but I have not been able to confirm that yet.

• Like 1

C Glide    569
C Glide

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp1b9e3ffb.p wpd39fa03e.png

wp2f65b83d_05.jpg  wp10896967.png

wpc0a82a6c.png

• Like 1

C Glide    569
C Glide

Another location found today. Marley and me hospital. wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpa22ee94d.png  wp6c0ad867.png  wpb5a401c0.png

• Like 3

C Glide    569
C Glide

Just started working on BN 96, Odd Man Out. At the start we see them burning Madeline's license but there are some serious problems indicating that their prop manager or creator was more than a bit clueless compared to Miami Vice's.

wpf92dc32b_05.jpg

So aside from the obvious issue date of 06/17/2001 and not expiring for 11 years then not even doing so on her birthday there were clear errors in her license number so I decided to take a couple minutes to decode it. The number is L252 784 65 554 1. So most will right away see her name is Westen but the license indicates her last name starts with L. Then 252. This indicates the second consonant (first 2) is guttural or sibilant, Q,C,G,J,K,S,X,OR Z. Then the third consonant would be nasal (5) M or N. The next consonant of the last name would be (2) guttural or sibilant again. Florida only goes out this far so the last name could be longer. Then we have 784 indicating her first  and middle initial. In this case S. D. Then her year of birth is indicated to be 65 or 1965. Not a match either. Then 554 indicating her month and day of birth along with gender. Over 500 so female. At least they got that right. Then subtract 500,divide by 40, add 1, remainder is days so this indicates her birthday is 02/14/1965. Not a match either. Finally the 1 of course tells us she is not alone. There is another licensed operator in florida with the same first and middle initial, same last sounding name born on the exact same day. So I did it for fun, maybe to critical but that was either just lazy or dumb work by BN. At least it should have started with a W and had the correct year of birth.

• Like 2

C Glide    569
C Glide

Just published BN Odd Man Out.

• Like 1

C Glide    569
C Glide

Jim, the safe house may be in the same area of Brickell as the smuggler's house but I have not found it.

miamijimf    957
miamijimf
On 5/14/2017 at 8:12 PM, C Glide said:

Jim, the safe house may be in the same area of Brickell as the smuggler's house but I have not found it.

The safe house is the same as Schmidt's house because the interior shots from earlier episodes match but at least this makes finding possible. Still not a lot to go on but I'll keep looking.  I doubt that the closed circuit TV images that Jessie is watching are actually views of the outside of the safe house.

• Like 1

miamijimf    957
miamijimf
On 5/14/2017 at 8:12 PM, C Glide said:

I've scrolled around the neighborhood but Schmidt's house looks almost too modern for that neighborhood.  I've send screencaps to a friend who lives relatively close to the Smuggler's house on S. Miami Ave but I'm not optimistic about it.

Edited by miamijimf

C Glide    569
C Glide

I have just published episode 97, You Can Run Part 1 on my Burn Notice season 6 location site.

• Like 1

C Glide    569
C Glide

I will take some time in the near future to look more closely for the safe house. Been in several episodes so maybe it was up for sale when they filmed which would make sense.

miamijimf    957
miamijimf
4 hours ago, C Glide said:

I will take some time in the near future to look more closely for the safe house. Been in several episodes so maybe it was up for sale when they filmed which would make sense.

Good thinking.  Has that Coconut Grove feel.  Probably close to another filming location since travel time is money.

C Glide    569
C Glide

Just updated BN 73 Better Halves. Now two pages with lots of pictures from my recent trip. All episodes from the first 6 seasons are published. On to the final season.

• Like 1

C Glide    569
C Glide

Updated Burn Notice 21 Good Soldier and Bad Boys with re-creation shots I took on a recent trip. Cheers.

• Like 1