Indian Wars

Tom

There are not many locations in this ep, as it is mostly playing in the Everglades, but let´s give it a try:1. Levecs Villa (Teaser, also shown throughout the episode). This house should be easy to find (I thought) as it has lots of distinctive features:Evidence#1: oval-shaped access road is seen in teaser with no houses in the middle (similar to Star Island)- see photo1Ev#2: long driveway to the house with a tennis court with 4 light poles to the right and a pool (separated from the driveway with a row of bushes) between a smaller house and the main house to the left (pool is on the land-side of the house, not at on the water-side, which is very unusual!) - see photo 2, 4 and 5Ev#3: house (very broad, white roof) is at a broad canal/waterfront with a long white path in the middle of the garden leading to the waterfront. On the other side, there are two bigger buildings to the far right and the far left in the distance but also lots of vegetation and no villas next to each other - see photo3Ev#4: when looking out at the waterfront, there is a high bridge visible on the far right (bridge similar to a causeway) - bridge is encircled in pic3Ev#5: neighboring house is very close and has a red roofDespite lots of tries and scanning all from Lauderdale to South Miami, I haven´t found the house. Maybe some of you buffs have more luck!2. Teaser: football stadium (Orange Bowl 1501 NW 3 Str, Miami)3. Miccosukee Village: could be anywhere at Tamiami Trail4. warehouse where Castillo meets Acosta: could be anywhere, no clue5. Boca Raton penthouse of Joe Dan: no clue, but certainly not in Boca. I guess Venetian Island due to background hints, but no clues contained I could use to pinpoint exactly.

I just did a quick watch of this ep. The house looks easy but it is not. Assuming it is all one house and they are not tricking us, it is tougher than it looks. There are enough clues that it looks super easy. My first thought was the big building across the way is the Mt. Sinai Medical Center. It looks like they filmed late in the day with shadows indicating north is to the left side of the screen. There is a property across the bay with an identical walkway and dock in the right place. (property just above morningside park next to house used in Burn Notice) However the rest of the property is all wrong, no tennis court, pool in wrong place and wrong shape etc. I will continue the search tomorrow. As far as #5 the Boca condo that one was easy peasy. Brickell Key across from Manderine Oriental. Rickenbacker/Virginia Key seen in bg.Eingefügtes Bild

We are thinking the same way. The Mount Sinai was my first thought, too. But there is no parallel waterway as seen in the episode. And I also had the idea that they trick us with parts of the property (e.g. pool somewhere else and cut it together). But further scrutiny of all scenes throughout the episode reveals that the tennis court is really on the property as is the pool (between a smaller house, from which they shot the pool scene with Levec lying in the pool and that can be seen when Levec´s guards wait and the Indians attack). That the tennis court is really on the property is proven by the scene in pic 5. You can even see the light poles and the driveway from pic 2 on the far right of the court.Another clue is the very first second of the teaser. Castillo´s car enters the oval-shaped access road in an approx 30degree angle from another road (can be seen as car takes a soft right turn when onto the round part of the road). I hunted for this, too but no luck. They only island with such an angle of roads is Star Island. But there is neither a house like this nor a post box as be seen next to the road in the first second of the teaser.Attached is a rough sketch of the property I have used to hunt it down:Thanks for your help and the find of the"Boca" location!

post-6996-13892963633336_thumb.jpg

There are not many locations in this ep' date=' as it is mostly playing in the Everglades, but let´s give it a try:1. Levecs Villa (Teaser, also shown throughout the episode). This house should be easy to find (I thought) as it has lots of distinctive features:Evidence#1: oval-shaped access road is seen in teaser with no houses in the middle (similar to Star Island)- see photo1Ev#2: long driveway to the house with a tennis court with 4 light poles to the right and a pool (separated from the driveway with a row of bushes) between a smaller house and the main house to the left (pool is on the land-side of the house, not at on the water-side, which is very unusual!) - see photo 2, 4 and 5Ev#3: house (very broad, white roof) is at a broad canal/waterfront with a long white path in the middle of the garden leading to the waterfront. On the other side, there are two bigger buildings to the far right and the far left in the distance but also lots of vegetation and no villas next to each other - see photo3Ev#4: when looking out at the waterfront, there is a high bridge visible on the far right (bridge similar to a causeway) - bridge is encircled in pic3Ev#5: neighboring house is very close and has a red roofDespite lots of tries and scanning all from Lauderdale to South Miami, I haven´t found the house. Maybe some of you buffs have more luck![/quote'] Hi Tom,I'm wondering whether this is the same house that I have just posted the youtube Star Island tour - the arch and doors look identical??[ATTACH=CONFIG]3861[/ATTACH]

post-178-13892963633492_thumb.jpg

Sue, sorry, but it is not easy as that! Pool is on the wrong side of the house, no tennis court, different color/shape. And it´s not at a parallel canal.

P.S. C Glides hint revealed the location of the final scenes (the apartment of Joe Dan in "Boca"). It is the Brickell Key Condo Association Building at 520 Brickell Key Drive, next to the Mandarin Hotel. The unique pattern of the pool and the brownish pool area (shown in the final shot with Joe Dan´s body lying next to the pool)gave it away.

My first thoughts proved to be correct after all. The house is on Star Island and he does drive right by the Little Prince house. The front wall has changed since Vice days so I did not recognize it. The building we see in the background that at first I thought looked like Mt. Sinai Med. Center is actually South Bay Club located at 800 West Ave. Another location found.

My first thoughts proved to be correct after all. The house is on Star Island and he does drive right by the Little Prince house. The front wall has changed since Vice days so I did not recognize it. The building we see in the background that at first I thought looked like Mt. Sinai Med. Center is actually South Bay Club located at 800 West Ave. Another location found.

Which address do you refer to? There is no house on the lower east of Star Island that fits for me (pool, tennis court, ...).

Which address do you refer to? There is no house on the lower east of Star Island that fits for me (pool' date=' tennis court, ...).[/quote'] I would have posted pictures right away but my computer was acting up. Without further delay, here they are.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I also came onto this house due to the access road, but the house looks totally different in shape (DVD: broad and white vs. brown and narrow on Google) and color plus the location of pool/mainhouse and tennis court does not match (on DVD, there is lots of space between the tennis court and the entrance area of the house).Either it was massively remodelled or this is not the house. But I agree that many other clues (houses on the other side of the bay, access road) match.

The house number is 38. Murphy's law has struck and I have taken pictures of the houses on both sides of this one but not this house. They were able to give me the acurate street number. I just found a picture I took December 2009 when I was out on the Island doing location hunting for Burn Notice. It is the empty lot at 35, 2 lots to the north. I will upload it shortly. It gives a good view of the South Bay Club Building as seen from Star Island not that great a different angle than we see it in Vice.

The house number is 38. Murphy's law has struck and I have taken pictures of the houses on both sides of this one but not this house. They were able to give me the acurate street number. I just found a picture I took December 2009 when I was out on the Island doing location hunting for Burn Notice. It is the empty lot at 35' date=' 2 lots to the north. I will upload it shortly. It gives a good view of the South Bay Club Building as seen from Star Island not that great a different angle than we see it in Vice. [/color']

If you have a look at the youtube video I posted yesterday(attached again below), they go along the shoreline of Star Island from the tip of the north of the island heading along the SE shore. I have counted northwards (ie backwards on the video) from the empty lot, and I have a picture we took in 2007 of the second one along(unless there's another mansion hiding behind the trees and I've miscounted!!!). We were told this house was used in Cocoon and that the mansion was partly rebuilt by the film production team - they added the covered pool area so we were told. Don't know if this helps you at all:[ATTACH=CONFIG]3884[/ATTACH]Star Island boat tour:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBhzcO3SLpY

Star island tour by car - for a great street view of the gates

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76auU1LPhs&feature=related

post-178-13892963634562_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Matt, do you have more photos of Miccosukee Reservation ?

Thanks Jim - and sure Crockett Ill put some more up here as MV filmed here in December 1987. :dance: 

• 1 year later...
On June 19, 2011 at 6:18 AM, CarolineUK said:
 Hi Tom,I'm wondering whether this is the same house that I have just posted the youtube Star Island tour - the arch and doors look identical??

post-178-13892963633492_thumb.jpg

The house in your photo is the consulate in "Free Verse" and "Baseballs of Death" - 46 Star Island Drive, at the northern tip of the island.  

• Like 2

I was confused by the Levec house but now I get it.  It's complicated ...

• In 1986 in "Free Verse" we see the partially completed Al Fassi estate, when the SWAT team storms the torture house.
  • That structure was demolished and the property was split into two - 37 & 38 Star Island.  38 Star Island (the southern half of the Al Fassi estate) was combined with 39 Star Island and they got a new mansion, which we see in 1987 in "Indian Wars" as Levec's house.
  • After a few years, Gloria Estefan demolished and replaced it with a pair of houses, and she still lives there today.  

We don't have any views of the Levec house at historicaerials.com.  Miami Vice might be the only remaining record of this short-lived house.

However, the lighted tennis courts to the right of the driveway are still there.  Also, everything to the left of the driveway seems to be intact - two buildings (possibly guesthouse and garage) and also the swimming pool.

red arrow = driveway which Castillo drives into

1986 Indian1.png

2005 Indian2.png

Edited by airtommy