Episode 68: Heroes of The Revolution

C Glide

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

A lot of Miami Beach locales used in this episode and The Victor on Ocean Dr extensively for the first time since Season 2. :D

Edited by Matt5

• 8 months later...

Interesting.  It definitely "feels" like Washington Avenue to me.  That's where MV filmed most of these types of brief street scenes.  Most importantly, that area is where they filmed so much else of this episode.

Gina later walks by Farmacia Havana.  I found this:

https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/120160

It has the same slogan as the store behind Gina: "Envios de Medicinas a Cuba"  There is no address given, but they claim it was in Little Havana (without any evidence).

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The Victor Hotel seen from a 2014 trip of mine to Miami - was seen extensively throughout this episode and was the last time seen in Miami Vice . The Victor was used in Season 1 and a number of times in Season 2 ( "Hit List", "Junk Love"  "Phil the Shill", "Little Miss Dangerous" ):D:D

Miami%20Florida%20%202014%20%201%20%2049

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:42 AM, Matt5 said:

I like that 360 degree picture, Matt ............makes me feel like I'm right there! Only I can't taste the food. ;(

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

I like that 360 degree picture, Matt ............makes me feel like I'm right there! Only I can't taste the food. ;(

Thanks Tony- kind of you  !:):)

Edited by Matt5

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Can I ask the Welcome to Miami International Airport sign  seen in this episode what is the exact location Today on NW21st St ?!:D:D

In "Heroes of the Revolution", the sign only said "Miami International Airport", not "Welcome To".  Yes, this was on NW 21st St heading west into the airport, just west of 953/NW 42nd Ave.  The sign and support have been replaced with a new one in the same spot.

17 hours ago, airtommy said:

In "Heroes of the Revolution", the sign only said "Miami International Airport", not "Welcome To".  Yes, this was on NW 21st St heading west into the airport, just west of 953/NW 42nd Ave.  The sign and support have been replaced with a new one in the same spot.

Ok Thankyou I Will recheck and post here 

:D

On 13/09/2016 at 10:35 PM, miamijimf said:

Matt have you tried Google Earth, Google Maps, or Bing Maps street view?

Thankyou Jim I will recheck just trying to pinpoint the exact location so I can visit 

It's right by the Wyndham seen in "Irish Eyes" at 3900 NW21st and

NW 21st is also seen in "Rock and a Hard Place" from Season 4 

⛵️

Edited by Matt5

On 9/14/2016 at 4:48 AM, airtommy said:

There's a two signs must be this one closest to NW42nd Ave

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.7950421,-80.2658531,3a,75y,288.6h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seCv2b5YmLSPk9yF7rDImrQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

http://www.miamivicelocations3.org/page40.html

The one above looks a perfect match with the dip in the road ahead and the buildings to the right of the picture - the sign further down looks too far down

airtommy - what do you think?!:done:

13 hours ago, airtommy said:

Yes, that's exactly it.  They completely replaced both the sign and the support since 1986, but it's in the same spot as before.

Great ! I thought so the background buildings match up exactly :D

• 1 year later...

Loved the locations in this one - primarily Miami Beach for the series finale in Spring 1987.

4950 Pine Tree Drive and The Victor Hotel on Ocean Drive (the last time Miami Vice would shoot here also seen in a number of Season 1 and 2 episodes) were standouts. :hippie::happy::xmas::thumbsup:

Edited by Matt5

• 3 months later...

Some key locations from the Blu-ray release of the Season 3 finale. Nearly all the locations (except the airport and the ‘NYC’ embassy) were in Miami Beach featuring Vice favourite The Victor Hotel, Pine Tree Drive and Washington Avenue.:hippie:

9CC332F8-E96D-4F98-A8F0-CC3F4E81C1A6.jpeg

6CDB785B-BE26-4E72-AFBB-007846185481.jpeg

D9685909-FAC0-4642-99F9-758252396D02.jpeg

9B551E91-72EB-40F4-86D5-3F3691490002.jpeg

CCD0F1E4-2214-475F-B807-0DAE923A9489.jpeg

50D1BF2A-AB7A-4840-AD62-5F79EA6BB2D0.jpeg

15C8AB8C-927D-4F3C-97A0-B420AEC97ED8.jpeg

566C34F5-DCED-424F-8647-1262D674673D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Thought I’d post this - as was sent to me Today a current day view of this “Heroes of the Revolution”/ “Junk Love” \ “Out Where the Buses Don’t Run” Ocean Drive location. Of course we see The Victor in a number of episodes but probrably from the exterior these three episodes most prominently,:hippie:

4D1D4721-F947-45B0-AE1E-1EA30D0F4FA6.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Here are some shots of the inside of the Hotel Victor where the interior of Little Miss Dangerous' Sex World was filmed.  I suspect this was the room because it is the largest on the first floor.  I guess they used the Victor because Jerry's Deli (Senor Frog's) was still vacant and looked like the wreck you see in the teaser of Made for Each Other.  It didn't open as the Club Ovo until 1987.  According to C Glide Heros was filmed in the lobby of the Victor but that is a little too small for the Sex World stage etc.

DSC01899.JPG

DSC01897.JPG

Edited by miamijimf

On 7/30/2018 at 12:09 AM, miamijimf said:

Here are some shots of the inside of the Hotel Victor where the interior of Little Miss Dangerous' Sex World was filmed.  I suspect this was the room because it is the largest on the first floor.  I guess they used the Victor because Jerry's Deli (Senor Frog's) was still vacant and looked like the wreck you see in the teaser of Made for Each Other.  It didn't open as the Club Ovo until 1987.  According to C Glide Heros was filmed in the lobby of the Victor but that is a little too small for the Sex World stage etc.

DSC01899.JPG

DSC01897.JPG

Yes that was the room Jim - I’ve got some photos too of that restaurant/bar on the first floor too. The circular bar is still there. Great location. 

• Like 1