BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

5 hours ago, Tom said:

DJ directing Hostile takeover

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-12 um 13.22.04.png

How are we supposed to be sure if that's DJ or his evil amnesiac alter ego? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

DJ and PMT with the black Testarossa before it was repainted whte.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-27 um 18.56.15.png

What was the idea behind having the Testarossa white when every other car Crockett had was black?   Why didn't they do it the other way around?

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb NeonHumidity:

What was the idea behind having the Testarossa white when every other car Crockett had was black?   Why didn't they do it the other way around?

It was repainted as the black car caused too many camera reflections in night scenes (they first episode it was used was "Shadow in the dark"). You may not forget that the old Daytona Spider was a (fake Ferrari) convertible, not a full body car like the Testarossa.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

It was repainted as the black car caused too many camera reflections in night scenes (they first episode it was used was "Shadow in the dark"). You may not forget that the old Daytona Spider was a (fake Ferrari) convertible, not a full body car like the Testarossa.

And it would have been much cooler and more Miami-appropriate if Ferrari had given them another spyder model instead of the Testarossa, but I guess people getting threatened with lawsuits can't be choosy.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom said:

8 hours ago, NeonHumidity said:

And it would have been much cooler and more Miami-appropriate if Ferrari had given them another spyder model instead of the Testarossa, but I guess people getting threatened with lawsuits can't be choosy.  

I always thought that, they should have given the production team a real Daytona. My guess is Enzo wanted to promote his new car.

The sole reason behind the lawsuit.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

I always thought that, they should have given the production team a real Daytona. My guess is Enzo wanted to promote his new car.

That exactly was the settlement to avoid the lawsuit of Ferrari. Enzo provided two (black) Testarossa cars and the producers agreed to "take out" the fake Daytona.

9 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

There were only 100-something actual Daytona Spyders (hand-)produced (Crockett's "$150k" from '86 is in the hefty seven figures now).  Even assuming Ferrari still had a couple, too valuable to get banged up in a TV show.  

If this wasn't the Magnum car it would have looked much nicer on MV than the Testarossa.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_308_GTB/GTS

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NeonHumidity said:

There were only 100-something actual Daytona Spyders (hand-)produced (Crockett's "$150k" from '86 is in the hefty seven figures now).  Even assuming Ferrari still had a couple, too valuable to get banged up in a TV show.  

If this wasn't the Magnum car it would have looked much nicer on MV than the Testarossa.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_308_GTB/GTS

The “rented” black 328 in one of the Caitlin episodes was awesome, too! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

The “rented” black 328 in one of the Caitlin episodes was awesome, too! 

The 328 was very nice (also, black); I think we got stuck with the Testarossa probably from an insistence on the V12 (not like the MV Daytona was a real Ferrari V12 or anything).

I wonder if there's a thread for "is there any other color they could have repainted the Testarossa that would have worked better"?

8 hours ago, Tom said:

That exactly was the settlement to avoid the lawsuit of Ferrari. Enzo provided two (black) Testarossa cars and the producers agreed to "take out" the fake Daytona.

But surely the solution would have been to give Michael Mann and co a real Daytona Spyder for the show

I just think that they used the series to promote the new car, just my opinion.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb RedDragon86:

But surely the solution would have been to give Michael Mann and co a real Daytona Spyder for the show

I just think that they used the series to promote the new car, just my opinion.

Of course, Enzo wanted to promote the relatively new (1984) Ferrari Testarossa. 

@NeonHumidityand for the color question: MM had a strict color codes. For cars this was white, black and silver. Thus there was not much choice left and as he went darker with the colors in season 3, another black car was off the table.

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

Of course, Enzo wanted to promote the relatively new (1984) Ferrari Testarossa. 

@NeonHumidityand for the color question: MM had a strict color codes. For cars this was white, black and silver. Thus there was not much choice left and as he went darker with the colors in season 3, another black car was off the table.

That was the "policy", but we not only saw other colors (most prominently, Tubbs' sky blue Caddy, but also various things in the background), Mann broke the "no Earth tones" rule in Season 3 that the "white, black, silver" thing had existed for in the first place.

Other than red, I'm thinking there are a few things they could have repainted the Testarossa in.  Like... silver.  Or some form of yellow.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Golden Triangle

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-12 um 10.05.21.png

Funny story.  A friend of my wife who builds a LOT with Legos, got a set that she wasn’t interested in so asked my wife if I might like it.  I had built a lot with my two kids when they were younger as they had gotten many sets. It’s been a few years since then but I said sure.

The set she just brought me was this car, a white Lamborghini Countach, with the wing and everything.  Even the unique wheels are replicated. I didn’t realize Lego had licensed these kinds of sets.  I haven’t built it yet, but I’ll post a picture for fun when I do!  Maybe I’ll dig out my kids’ old Legos too and make some modifications.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pahonu said:

Funny story.  A friend of my wife who builds a LOT with Legos, got a set that she wasn’t interested in so asked my wife if I might like it.  I had built a lot with my two kids when they were younger as they had gotten many sets. It’s been a few years since then but I said sure.

The set she just brought me was this car, a white Lamborghini Countach, with the wing and everything.  Even the unique wheels are replicated. I didn’t realize Lego had licensed these kinds of sets.  I haven’t built it yet, but I’ll post a picture for fun when I do!  Maybe I’ll dig out my kids’ old Legos too and make some modifications.  

Here’s what you’ll get! :thumbsup:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C25sQdfPJlo/?igsh=MXNzZjkzMHJiZmR3aA==

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

crew filming the pilot on the far left corner of the picture and the courthouse

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-23 um 17.25.28.png

• Like 4

On 3/2/2024 at 8:43 AM, Tom said:

Golden Triangle

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-16 um 12.46.33.png

For hating to have to work security, they both look pretty happy there.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2024 at 5:41 AM, Tom said:

Golden Triangle

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-12 um 10.05.21.png

I finally made the Lego model of this.  I even pulled out my kids old bricks and made a couple of modifications.  It’s a pretty good likeness.  

IMG_5434.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, pahonu said:

I finally made the Lego model of this.  I even pulled out my kids old bricks and made a couple of modifications.  It’s a pretty good likeness.  

IMG_5434.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

Looks great man!

Don't scratch it” :) 

• Haha 3