Miami Vice Makes its Comic Book Debut

coolrunninman

It looks good so far.I guess they didn't use DJ's and PMT's likeness for budget reasons but thats my guess.I would love to buy a copy!

It looks good so far.I guess they didn't use DJ's and PMT's likeness for budget reasons but thats my guess.I would love to buy a copy!

Looks great  :D

Damn.  Looking at those pics makes me really, really wish  I could've written AND directed an episode.  I love it all.  I have a friend who's a story board artist and his story boards kind of look like this. 

How fun would it be to draw out an entire episode just the way you wanted it to look, and with the characters saying what you want them to say?!?!?!

Damn.  Looking at those pics makes me really, really wish  I could've written AND directed an episode.  I love it all.  I have a friend who's a story board artist and his story boards kind of look like this. 

How fun would it be to draw out an entire episode just the way you wanted it to look, and with the characters saying what you want them to say?!?!?!

Very true - surely a tv reboot can be long off for Crockett and Tubbs  :D  :fireworks: 

I had heard about this awhile ago then when i checked back recently found the first issue has been released and wanted to share with everyone here. Has anybody bought it yet? I'm going to, just not sure when. I'm under the impression it's directly related to the series, and has nothing to do with the 2006 movie, hence Castillo and the Daytona and Tubbs' caddy which you can obviously see in the sample frames at the link I provided. Also the idea isn't to artistically render them to look exactly like DJ and PMT, it's supposed to be a creative take off of their look, an impression if you will. I think the whole thing looks cool, just hope the story and rest of the designs and illustration hold up. It's pretty cool to get a whole new officially licensed MV story...will this be considered cannon? Opens up a lot of doors, especially to the younger crowd. This is definitely boosting the brand.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the economics of doing this as a digital comic ... but what a pain to try to get it. Only on Amazon, is that right? That's where Lion Forge's own website takes you when you click "buy." We do have the very first Kindle -- but I don't think it supports color. I'm not even sure it supports pictures. I just think given a big chunk of the audience for this comic will be fans 40 and older, they might be shooting themselves in the foot by not having a few actual printed copies for we oldsters to buy.

• Like 1

I understand the economics of doing this as a digital comic ... but what a pain to try to get it. Only on Amazon, is that right? That's where Lion Forge's own website takes you when you click "buy." We do have the very first Kindle -- but I don't think it supports color. I'm not even sure it supports pictures. I just think given a big chunk of the audience for this comic will be fans 40 and older, they might be shooting themselves in the foot by not having a few actual printed copies for we oldsters to buy.

It's actually a shame Miami Vice isn't a hot property anymore. I would LOVE to see a cartoon that continues the series (let's dial the clock back and just go back and set it in 1984, season 1). I don't care how the animation looks (although classic 80's style animation ala GI Joe and He-man would be great), and get most, if not all of the old cast back to reprise their character through voice acting. Similar to how the cast of Ghostbusters did their voices for the relatively new Ghostbusters videogame.

• Administrators

I'm a big comic collector and what I've seen so far looks very cool!  but an online only comic makes me immediately lose interest.  If it was in print, I'd buy it in a heatbeat, but this? No thanks.

I'm a big comic collector and what I've seen so far looks very cool!  but an online only comic makes me immediately lose interest.  If it was in print, I'd buy it in a heatbeat, but this? No thanks.

Great point Lou - love the look of this :D  :fireworks: 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! Word that these issues WILL EVENTUALLY BE AVAILABLE IN HARD COPIES! From the mouth of the book creator himself:

"Once everything is published digitally, we’ll get a nice collected trade that can sit handsomely on the shelf next to your Miami Vice DVDs. Hopefully, you put them between Seasons 1 and 2! And of course if these do well, there will be more Miami Vice issues down the road!"

Read the interview here: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/02/interview-jonathan-london-on-his-new-miami-vice-digital-comic/