Castillo's Stache..

Sonny_Crockett

I always wondered ...The early years of Vice you didnt quite notice this..but I found coming more to the end of the season..Is it just me ..or did it look a little on the fake side?Because for most of his career I don't think I remember seeing Olmos with a stache..but only on Vice..please correct me if im wrong..

I've always wondered about the stache in Duty and Honor/The Savage. Castillo is shown in the intro in the 70s with no stache, then has one back in the present day. I've given the "70s" scenes a good look and can see no make up or appliances used to cover the stache -- so it makes sense to me that he shaved it for those scenes. So, did they shoot the present day footage first, or have him wear a faux stache?I'm glad someone else brought this up, because I'd feel ridiculous. But, since you mentioned it!

Hey,don't feel bad,it might have been fake,I remember watching the Poirot series with mom,and one time she tells me that David Suchet's moustache is fake,so is Poirots in the books,now that I'm older,I can tell it's fake.But now that I'm thinking about it,it might have have been fake in a few episodes,my Dad has a moustache,I can sorta tell what's fake and what's real.

I guess because its so thick it gives the impression of being artificial lol ..Just something about it ??I just can't put my finger on it..(not literally, it may fall off!)..but you know what I mean.