30 Years MV Anniversary 2014 - Your 10 fav scenes?

bluepearl

I want to create a very special video by ca. 20 min. length in which are included all MOST INTENSE and TOUCHING scenes (not episodes, please) to the fans by MV.
I want to add the title :radio:  music by MV, the song VOICES, Crockett’s Theme and of course IN THE AIR TONIGHT. There will be space for one or two MV songs more – I still have to choose them.

Well - what my ask is:
I would like to ask a big amount of true MV fans which scenes… are your very special scenes just now.
I know how often we already do find that question in all the years MVonline is alive, no - that is not what I am wishing for.

I want to get known your current state – 30 years after the release in 1984. :checkbox:
We all have those in our minds.
If I can get enough replies there will be a result which shows the importance of the scenes to the audience in the year of anniversary - THIS year.
I then will increase the most named ones in the video that way it will end up at its end with the most beloved scene of all. :done:

That is easily done.
All replies simply put in an Excel scale and with that the result is honest and done without any further counting to me. Would you help me?
Please take the time to reply if MV still is your favorite show of all.
Please describe briefly -preferably with name/number of episode- from 10 to 1.

FREEZE MIAMI VICE !!!  :thumbsup:

Eingefügtes Bild

To my friends this will come as no surprise.  My all time favorite is the scene at the safehouse in Little Miss Dangerous.  It is when Rico has a serious conversation with Jackie at the table.  During their conversation she reveals her huge inferiority, self deprecating complex by saying, "Wasn't good enough to be loved."  Their talk on the couch is equally as good.  I will have to think about my next favorite scenes and let you know.

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by miamijimf

One of my favorite music scenes is the final scene from Back in the world.The doors' song "My eyes have seen you" just goes perfectly with montage.

• Like 1

I will have to think but a standout is in "Redemption in Blood" with Burnett/ Crockett coming to terms with his memory loss walking on Ocean Drive to "Dont Give Up " by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush . Just brillant . :D  :fireworks: 

• Like 1

No one has mentioned the Pilot's night drive scene with the Daytona and In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins playing.  It is one of the classic scenes in the history of television and should be included.

• Like 1

Interesting question. The ones that jump into my mind (I will have to give it some real thought to narrow it down to top 10) Are the Pilot night driving scene, Two from evan, the gas station scene and the teaser, The boat scene in Calderone's demise, Crockett at scott wheeler's house confronting him in the Daytona, driving scene to the doll house in out where the buses don't run, end of El Viejo,

• Like 1

Wow friends - the thread is getting slowly to what I wished for.Thanks a lot for the effort.  :thumbsup: LOL... I also already waited for the night scene and the Evan scene.  ;) Mostly touched and surprised I am up to now about the Little Miss Jackie scene.I watched it again because of the hint and I have to say... YES - a damn good add.Hope you will continue to clean up your books - it developes pretty well already now. Oneself is caught in the own fav scenes and does not allow or rather get fresh different ideas. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is hard... Every scene is my favourite. Let's see...

Both 'In The Air Tonight' scenes. (Brothers Keeper/Pilot and A Bullet For Crockett)

'Brothers in Arms' scene in "Out Where The Buses Don't Run"

Definitely Miami pool scene, and ending.

"A street race... Just like New York, Rico" - Intro scene in Florence Italy.

All I can think of at the moment.

Edit: The scene where the Daytona gets blown up is iconic, also Crockett thrashing the new Testarossa for the first time in Stone's War.

Edit #2: The chase scene in Bought and Paid For.

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 1

As i mentioned in the german section, definatelly Ricco's dancing scene in the pilot. The song was by Rockwell "Somebody's watching me".

Edited by Christian
  • Like 2

Wow friends - the thread is getting slowly to what I wished for.

Thanks a lot for the effort.  :thumbsup: 

LOL... I also already waited for the night scene and the Evan scene.  ;) 

Mostly touched and surprised I am up to now about the Little Miss Jackie scene.

I watched it again because of the hint and I have to say... YES - a damn good add.

Hope you will continue to clean up your books - it developes pretty well already now. 

Oneself is caught in the own fav scenes and does not allow or rather get fresh different ideas.

Thanks Blue for agreeing about the LMD scene.  I agree with the other members about Rico's dancing in the Pilot, the final scene from Back in the World. The doors' song "My eyes have seen you" just goes perfectly with montage.  Here is a good video with lots of key scenes: 

The video may help refresh member's minds. I especially like Crockett meeting Calle at the pool in “Definitely Miami,†Crockett making the call from “Bernay’s Café†in the Pilot, and the Argentinian’s remarkable shot in “Hit List.† Edited by miamijimf

The boat scene with Voices in Calderone's Demise has always been my favourite scene from the show. Other favourites include the Brothers in Arms scene in Out Where the Buses Don't Run, the ending of Milk Run, the scene in Down for the Count (Part II) with Billy Idol's Don't Need a Gun and of course the In the Air Tonight scene in Brother's Keeper.

Season One: The "In The Air Tonight" scene followed by "Chase" where Crockett approaches a red light on Biscayne Boulevard and Tubbs yells "Run It!".

Season Two:  The final scene in "Little Miss Dangerous" that starts with Public Image Limited's "The Order of Death" and runs to the end of the episode. 

Season Three: The final scene in "Shadow In The Dark" where Crockett beats the crap out of "the shadow" and the shadow says "You live with me, don't you"

Season Four: The final scene in "Death and the Lady", where Crockett proceedes to slap around Milton Glance and says something like "You like that, how does that feel?" and then gives his festival prize to the homeless guy.

Season Five:  The scene in "Redemption In Blood" where Crockett walks back into the OCB with all the guns pointing at him.

Edited by mvnyc

• Administrators

Sonny: "Rico?"Rico: "Yeeaahhh"Sonny: "Yeah sure, I know you. You're Tubbs"Rico: "Yeah"Sonny: "Then you're a cop!" 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought and Paid For: El Debarge singing in the club with Rico, Sonny, and Gina

Phil the Shill: The Game Show scene.

Heroes of the Revolution: Where Gina sings Stormy Weather.

Nobody Lives forever: Crockett thinks at OCB and Heartbeat song starts playing in the background.

• Like 1

The Talk is the one I always come back to, just that palpable regret you can hear in Sonny's Voice always tears me up and ditto with the scene at the end of the good collar, just the quiet sort of reaction to it all sells it (albiet the fit at the end of the episode in the limo was a little overdone, but forgiviable)

same thing with Stones war at the end on the boat with the radio message playing.

and the drive of outwhere the busses dont run

then Lombards talk about what you give up in that kind of life, and RIP my blue blooded man From Chicago

humor wise, the start of out where the bussed dont run, just one of gods creatures lol Nice work with the book

plus it gives us two of the most iconic shots in the shows history, that of the Daytona and the Bren ten.

Edited by Kavinsky

Thank you all for your support with my ask !! :happy:

I am still adding all your ideas and thoughts.

There is waiting already a very nice ;) bunch of the most beautiful colored flowers with me.Logical... VICE colored. :D :D

Some good choices and points here - the end of Freefall was classic when C&T drove off in the Ferrari   :D  :)  :done:

Edited by Matt5

Payback - Opening scene

Blood and Roses - the car chase with Tommy Shaw's dangerous game. Probably one of my favorite parts of season 4.

Definietely Miami - last scene with "Cry"

Deliver us from evil - the last scene. Love me some cheesy 80's love songs. Another favorite from S4.

Love at first sight - Madness of it all drive scene. Another favorite from S4

i agree with what have been said above almost all MV scenes are great . the ones i really love are the ones with the boat with Ballard voices song , the scenes with Joe d'Alessandro in One eyed jack and Down for the count , the scenes with Burt Young in Give a little and take a little and the scenes where Crockett and tubbs are close to each other . like when Tubbs says in Evan to Crockett Dude i don't let down a girl like Michelle for anyone , or in Smuggler's blues when tubbs has been put to jail by colombian police and the plane pilot says to Crockett's i saw lot of buddies been taken down , and Crockett says , yeah but that one i have to save him ;(  . and love scene with Tubbs and Vanessa is cool too

Well okay - DID IT :D :D !BOTH videos are done now.

BOTH ?  ?(

Yeah - both. :) Made a *BEST OF* with the most named scenes about 20 minutes.Regulary a video may not take longer at Youtube because simply no one watches it because 

of the length of time.My problem was...

to me that's no tribute. It is much too less telling.So I did a second one by episode length (55 min) which I do like much more.Now the curious ones will become separated by the die hard fans I think. We will see. :dance2:

With that I ask for one recommendation more.

Which will be the right moment to let it go published:Year 2014September 2014

September, 16 - 2014

Thanks for your thoughts again.