CONVERTIBLE TESTAROSSA

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

As he drove the 365 GTS/4 (Daytona) I think a convertible Testarossa would have been perfect for him.A convertible is always perfect for Florida as long as there's no hurricane.

That is an absolutely beautiful car... and yes that would have been more appropriate for C&T.I too would like one as well... if anyone has a spare they are willing to part with let me know.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Just doesn't look right. I guess I'm just used to the one on the show.

I don't care much for the red leather interior on the white car, I think tan would look much better, but I rather like the convertible version. I've seen photos in better angles than this that are more flattering, and it looks really pretty cool. The actors would have been seen well in one of these convertibles.

• Administrators

I don't know, I like the one they used in the show. Guess I just got used to it. If the Dayton was a hard top and that's what was used, I'd have probably have like that too.I agree that the red interior doesn't look right for that car.

I was trying to picture it in my head & didn't think it would look great. But after seeing those photos - wow, it actually looks pretty awesome! So yeah, definitely. I also agree with you Coop about the actors being seen better in a convertible. With the Daytona, they had so much more freedom of movement.Plus, it was nice to see Crockett's hair blowing in the wind - he had the perfect hair for it ;)

Nah I just prefer the look of the coupe, somehow the decklid over the rear of the car just seems too flat making it seem too much like a cheese wedge driving down the roadEingefügtes Bildmaybe something more along the lines of a targa top would have looked better in this case, or maybe even a speedster verison like that new porsche that came out a year or so agoEingefügtes Bildstill it aint to bad looking as is but I just dont think it would have worked well as a convertibile.

• Administrators

Do you have any pics of it with the top up? It's just my opinion but most convertibles look like sh*t with the top up. The Daytona was no exception.

Do you have any pics of it with the top up? It's just my opinion but most convertibles look like sh*t with the top up. The Daytona was no exception.

I do have pictures of it with the top up. It's on a red testa. I agree, usually, with the soft top up, it looks pretty crappy, but this car was not a factory job, and the guy who made the convertible versions made a really great looking black canvas soft top that flared out in the back unlike most soft top covers. It's one of the best I've seen.The magazine that has this photo is in storage, but whenever I get to my storage units, I'll add this item to my ever growing list.

I dont think the daytona looked bad with the top up, although it did look abit more boxy from the front with it up.but its like anything else its based on how its shot whether or not it looks goodand while the speedzone car had the top up the whole time what you have to remeber is that the reason why it looked so ugly is because they shot everything in that film with earth tones and showed off very little of the cars interior, plus it was missing alot of great things the MV car had.

• Administrators

I would think that a hard top/convertable like they have on the one Lexus would be pretty cool.

I would think that a hard top/convertable like they have on the one Lexus would be pretty cool.

The one on the Lexus is sooooo coool. But, it was designed that way, the testarossa was not designed that way, and would not work with it's form or mechanics, and it would add a whole lot of weight to it.The Testarossa convertible also has an optional removable hard top! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of that, as I've not yet seen one, as they are very rare.....but it exists!

I'd be happy to take any Testarossa you wish to give me. :)

I haven't passed out Testarossas for at least a week. Sorry Pal.

Darn' date=' and I thought I was in good graces with you. :rolleyes:[/quote']With me, yes.With my checkbook, no.;):)

At that time it was widely believed that after the last of the convertibiles was made in 1974/1975 and that us regulations would outlaw convertibiles all together past that, which is the same reason why porsche started putting all of their money into the 928, not the 911, they thought after the covair incident that the us goverment would also ban all rear engined cars as wellSo a convertibile supercar was sort of the ultimate middle finger towards those conservative health and safety morons and as an FYI 1975 was the last year GM made any convertibile corvettes till 1985/1986 along with everyone else it seemedplus the daytona was one of the fastest convertibiles you could buy back then with a proven top speed of a 177 mph basically the cream of the crop, same with the testarossa, till 4 years latter when the 200+ mph supercars started coming out.still MV had the best of both worlds, a convertibile V8 and a V12 ferrari, even if they did stupidly dub both of them occasionally with sounds from the fim le mans.although as a personal note even with my personal nit picks about the chrome infront of the headlights and a few other things my mind is made up on which one I want.

testarossas's still a nice car though despite the front bumper issues.

testarossas's still a nice car though despite the front bumper issues.
Good info Kavinsky.I must also note for those who don't know, that Ferrari never did build convertible Testarossas (with the exception of a one off for the president of FIAT). The Testarossa convertibles were built by a master craftsman who makes convertibles for a living. Mr. Strauman will only make convertibles for a car if A. It's pleasing to look at as a convertible, and would look right to make it one, and B., if there could be a market for it so as to recoup it's initial investment in time, research, and development in the long run.I don't think the first one he built was done whe MIAMI VICE season 3 aired. I think it was done about two to three years later.