Which episode from Miami Vice Movie was based ?

Joey Hardin

I think the movie based on Smuggler's Blues episode but some people saying based on brother's keeper. In both case this movie had been very very sucked and I'm pushing myself to trying to watch the crap but my guess I won't do this anymore :( I didn't even understand what the hell's going on first. I'm watching with Turkish dub and I want to ask Michael Mann this "What kind of a pshyco you are ? How did you succeed to make a crap movie like this huh idiot? Are you enemy of the original series ?" 

Edited by Knight&Crockett

Yes agreed all about the Money as BlueAir states.

It had elements of "The Prodigal Son" also as well as the "Pilot " with some scenes similar to Tom Cruise/ Michael Mann effort "Collateral" from 2004. :D  :cool:

So far have not watched the movie full,just on/off on TV.Though the style and essence of Vice wasn't there the gunfights were pretty good.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I watched the movie full in 2006 when it came out, but that was before I was into Miami Vice. I tried to watch it again last weekend, got to the part where Sonny went to Cuba and stopped it due to boredom.It was only successful because of the 'Miami Vice' branding. 

Edited by SL1DE

Guest MetroVice

It was loosely based on "Smugglers Blues", with elements of a few others.

I saw the movie ONCE a couple years after it came out but wasn't impressed because it was nothing more than a mere branding of the name we all know and love but it was not the Vice I remember. That said, I do remember some elements of the movie that directly related to the Smugglers Blues episode.

Edited by MetroVice

I saw the movie ONCE a couple years after it came out but wasn't impressed because it was nothing more than a mere branding of the name we all know and love but it was not the Vice I remember. That said, I do remember some elements of the movie that directly related to the Smugglers Blues episode.

Yes very true - the meeting on the rooftop and C&T not being on ant files etc after meeting Fujima was very much based on "The Prodigal Son" Season 2 opener also  :D  :fireworks:

I think the movie based on Smuggler's Blues episode but some people saying based on brother's keeper. In both case this movie had been very very sucked and I'm pushing myself to trying to watch the crap but my guess I won't do this anymore :( I didn't even understand what the hell's going on first. I'm watching with Turkish dub and I want to ask Michael Mann this "What kind of a pshyco you are ? How did you succeed to make a crap movie like this huh idiot? Are you enemy of the original series ?" 

I know they used The Great McCarthy for the opening and Smuggler's Blues for most of the plot, although the romance between Crockett and Gong Li's character was kind of taken from Mann's short-lived Robbery Homicide Division (As well as the camera work and tone of the movie and the actor who played Castillo). I actually sat down to watch it again earlier this year and ... yep, still a clunker. It just lacks character, no one on the film seemed to have any personality at all and that awful moustache on Crockett is one of the most distracting things I've ever seen on film.

Edited by agent 47

As Don Johnson said about the movie.......'I don't know what movie they're making, but it ain't  Miami Vice!'

• Like 1

As Don Johnson said about the movie.......'I don't know what movie they're making, but it ain't  Miami Vice!'

When and where Don said this ?

You know you have done something wrong when even one of the stars of the show says its a bust!

He wasnt rude or said it was a bust