Crockett's Take on Wall Street

jcm8002204

Where or what episode is your foot note from...very heavy...

I think its from Castillo in the episode Bushido.. I'm 98% sure

• 2 weeks later...

Carts or Scooter-Carts ?

…will be the initial ‘death’ of the old-school' date=' unionized mentality of American business. Get Real…. You cannot be paid $ 35 per hour (benefited at basically $75 per hour) for those who understand basic cost factors of business for assembly work. PERIOD....[/quote']I guess since Wagoner's departure, the 'Not On the Table' quote (when answering a question regarding the "B" word), has been changed to 'Probable" by the newly installed CEO....hmmm...With the UAW posed to control the largest stake of the company, exactly how would you be able to negotiate with the represented bargaining unit ???http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gm-ceo-says-bankruptcy-still-probableWith Cap&Trade still on this Admin's List, most all of any 'heavy' manufacturing, which is already anchored with burdensome regulations will surely grind to a halt....guess we should get ready to all wear the Blue Vests and say HELLO !...Would you like a Cart, or a Scooter-Cart today ? Happy Shopping !!!

"When America sneezes' date=' the whole world catches cold" so true, so true lol. ......Then i had a thought, would the world really be that worse off if Chrysler was to go?.....SJB[/quote']I've never been a big fan of capped executive pay, and most of them (the execs) are actually 'contracted employees' with specific (usually performance...e.g. stock/share price increased) metrics over specific timelines...that's what drives plant closures / consolidations, or change in supply chains for better price-points, etc....which report to the BOD (Board of Directors), the 'spokespersons', and large shareblock holders, which speak/filter/dillute the minor shareholdersWell, this week the 'former Chrysler' Execs have turned in all of their CHRYSLER-branded stuff...like business cards, and replaced them with FIAT logo'd business cards...an effort to avoid/circumvent the O-Administration's TARP restriction on executive pay.....how does the testimony go..."Congressman, The TARP Funds went to 'C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-R' and I now, actually do not work for THAT company...I am a FIAT employee, therefore I am re-negotating my salary..."http://www.newser.com/story/58811/chrysler-execs-dodge-bailout-pay-caps.htmlBTW, based on the latest re-structure plan, the UAW will control approx. 60% of the CHRYSLER/FIAT merger.....and they just kick preferred bond-holders to the curb...so much for contract law....Fun Times in the O-Ministration. Welcome Back Carter

• 2 weeks later...

Come Monday, we've enter a new era of nationalization for the automotive industry. General Motors, is now Government Motors, and directing most of the US plant to retool to build sub-sub (yes 2xsub) compact vehicles platforms in lieu of the carbon-tax BS that is in Congress. I'm not and have never been a global-warming believer (er, they don't use that term, since the statistics don't support it..so the ambiguous "CLIMATE CHANGE" montra can be used'...still BS. They've wussified everything.Oil, The totally organic solution. If we're at all serious about some sort of true hybrid powered vehicle alternative, than nuclear for metro power grid has to be on the table. It runs steady state, and during off-peak would be the time to generate the hydrogen needed for fuel cells.Could you see Crockett & Tubbs chasing a Lambo in their confiscated "Geo Metro" in the neo-Vice remake ?They'd probably tax Crockett's Lucky Strikes extra heavy due to non-filtered emissions....Ever heard of carbon-filtering ? Hmmmm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What have we learned in 2,064 years?"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero - 55 BCObvioulsy,...nothing.

• 1 month later...

Today, Conservative SCOTT BROWN has made an epic MAJOR UPSET victory in the VERY liberal state of Massachusetts.This is due to an ever increasing wave of voter anger.This state has not had a conservative in a senators office for 30 straight years. This is the seat that Ted Kennedy held before his recient death.The voter turn out was good dispite the weather, and it is a MAJOR blow to the White House, and Obama.This gives the senate the one vote they needed to block the health care bill that is still dropping in the polls as being very unpopular. In all polls, the MAJORITY of Americans do NOT want this heath care bill.Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (who's unpopular poll numbers show her even less popular than Dick Cheney!!) has indicated that even the new conservative who just won the election will NOT stop them from passing what most people do not want. They will absoluely force this bill, and sign it into law, .....no matter what.They have a two week period to count absentee ballots before his swearing in to pass this bill, (sneaky) even though his lead was big enough that the absentee ballots won't change the outcome (most absentee ballots are usually conservative votes traditionally). If that doesn't work, they have two more options. They say they can do it with only 51 dems voting it in (not sure how, but I bet they will do it if they can), or Obama himself will force it upon you by signing an Executive Order.This victory shows that conservatives, independants, and the tea party movement is very powerfull, and are working together.The 2010 November elections will be a blood bath as they will attempt to clear out all the dems in office for the forcing of all the issues that most Americans do not want. It also will be a statement that the White House, led by Obama is out of touch with the people, and they do NOT like his "change".This is NOT the direction that the majority of Americans want to go.Todays election upset victory is yet another message the American people are sending to Obama.I knew this was going to happen. He was all hype from the begining. Nobody knew who he was, or is, and he never explained what his "change" was going to be.I knew the honeymoon would end, and the hero worship would end sometime.He was never qualified to be the President.

• Administrators

I think we've strayed waaaaay off topic here. I thought the idea was to figure crockett's take on all of this?

The health care bill post is a little off topic, but I see it to be directly related to the fallout from the first posting that started this thread (Stimulus and Bailouts).It's showing angry voters as a result of it, the health care issue, and the further direction the White House is taking us.I wish Crockett (a former Army Veteran, law enforcement officer and Florida resident) could chime in, and share his thoughts with us.

I was sitting here thinking about this thread and realised something, if Miami Vice was still on air today that would probably mean Dick Wolf would still be the big cheese in charge and if anybody has been paying attention to his victory of pushing his franchise Law&Order into far-left wing territory then you know sure as heck he would have done the same with Miami Vice, this thread would almost be irrelevant as he would have Crockett and Tubbs spouting left-wing tripe about everything, Tubbs would be very pro-Obama along with most of the team, and you know he would work in a story where Maynard (G. Gordon Liddy's character, not our good friend here on the site with Maynard as his username) working for George W. Bush and maybe even Tea Party-ers going nuts and Crockett ends up blowing away a few in a shoot-out, my point? Be careful what anyone may think Crockett would say about what's happening now, he wasn't politically or financially savvy or anything in the series, if that character from season one or two was a real person, I doubt he would have cared unless it crossed his desk at the job, the Dick Wolf Vice? Who knows?

Being your humble neighbour to the north, I cannot fathom why Americans do not want health care???Every dignified western country on planet earth (except for the U.S of A) has good health reforms and I can't undertand why you run from it like a lemming in a fire?As stated..."the almighty American Dollar"......What did he really mean in that episode? I think it was gaining profits from anyone who would borrow.Americans for some reason won't help themselves??????????????????????:confused:

Being your humble neighbour to the north' date=' I cannot fathom why Americans do not want health care???Every dignified western country on planet earth (except for the U.S of A) has good health reforms and I can't undertand why you run from it like a lemming in a fire?As stated..."the almighty American Dollar"......What did he really mean in that episode? I think it was gaining profits from anyone who would borrow.Americans for some reason won't help themselves??????????????????????:confused:[/quote']Americans want Healthcare... but we would like to choose the best Insurance Company for our situation, and not be forced into a Government run plan, and charged a penalty if we don't want to join it! We want Healthcare Reform not a fiasco!

• 2 months later...

CAP & TRADE IN THE BATTERS BOXNow watch CAP & TRADE go thru the same BS ..... Then Immigration / Immunity prior to the 2010 / 2012 Elections.....I see many folks with deep deep pockets seriously thinking about going ex-Pat until the tide changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, briefly, I'll put my few cents in from an Australian perspective.I,m no ecenomic genius but I new the bubble was going to burst some day.Back around 02, Australia had a housing boom. Mum and dad investors being given %105 loans for properties, fueld by a government grant to encourage home ownership. Then being encouraged to borrow again (against borrowed money) to by investment properties. I could not work it out then why people were paying $400,000 at auction for a standard house, that a year earlier was valued at $200,00 and had a reserve of $300,00 at auction. The other one was banks sending out automatic credit card increases to all customers if you just signed and returned it them. No credit checks nothing, what a joke.Government. The best thing our previous government did was to pay off 96 billion in dept, left to them in 1996. By the time our previous Government was voted out in 2007, they had paid off the 96 billion in government debt and had about 50 billion in surplus funds, and our budgets had been in surplus for about 6 years. This was put in different funds for future education etc. NO GOVERNMENT DEBT and STRONG BANKING REGULATION saved Australia from the worst of the global financial crisis. Our bank were not into the sub primew market to the deep extent the American banks were.I believe Australia was the only western country to enter the global financial crisis in surplus. But our government has managed to stuff that up.Then other Australians voted this current "snake oil salesman" to power in November 2007. In 2 years, our surplus is gone and we are now about 100 billion in debt. I guess our Prime Minister felt left out, that we were not in debt. Seems a bit similar, that in the lead up to our last election a leader promised everything and has delivered us nothing but debt. My only bit of joy is that I did't for for the snake oil salesman.Funny how most people will follow the one who promises everything, even though they are given no detail on how they will recieve everything. Maybe it's just plain greed. And also the idea that someone else "owes you a living"I tried to keep it short but you got me started on foolish politicians and the fools that vote them in.:rolleyes::eek::cry::confused::(:cheers:

Funny how most people will follow the one who promises everything' date=' even though they are given no detail on how they will recieve everything. Maybe it's just plain greed. And also the idea that someone else "owes you a living"[/quote']Very well written, you did a good job.THANK YOU for putting in your two cents. :cheers: