Contacting Don!

Papa Legba

Forgive me if someone's already come across this and i've missed it, but I've just stumbled across what appears to be the real Don Johnson who's got a profile on YouTube and who's posted videos of his family.TonyD, assuming this isn't an imposter your prayers may have been answered!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LepYE0ed3U4&feature=related

I'm just not buying it. My gut feeling is saying it's just a fan who's collected photos (like I have) and posted them on youtube. I can't see him doing this.

Maybe. I hope it isn't an imposter, because if you check out the comments section on both the videos and "his" Youtube home page, there's quite a few people on there who will have been well and truly duped!

Maybe. I hope it isn't an imposter' date=' because if you check out the comments section on both the videos and "his" Youtube home page, there's quite a few people on there who will have been well and truly duped![/quote']Remember the line P.T. BARNUM made famous. "There's a sucker born every minute."

• Administrators

I've often said that if Don were to ever actually join one of our sites we would most likely call him a liar, insult the hell out of him and he would leave and never come back. This is because there have been so many members over the years claiming to know or be him that we just naturally yell fraud. Who knows, we may have already sent him packing!

I've often said that if Don were to ever actually join one of our sites we would most likely call him a liar' date=' insult the hell out of him and he would leave and never come back. This is because there have been so many members over the years claiming to know or be him that we just naturally yell fraud. Who knows, we may have already sent him packing![/quote']The old site perhaps, but not THIS site.

I would hope that 'if' he would ever come around, he'd understand folks being a bit skeptical. Given all the nuts online. LOLCan you just imagine how laughable all this stuff online must be to any of the stars who read about themselves!

• Administrators

And how exactly would we do that from an IP address?I could be Don and no one would ever know or believe me either. Well...all except Ferrariman, but that's because we talked on the phone and I sound nothing like Don. But.....

• Administrators

Hell if I knew how to verify his identity I'd be able to contact him and invite him here! ;)

That could be the real DJ, but it's a hard pill to swallow. I just can't see him saying "Let's make a YouTube movie!". It is a site where you can potentially reach a LOT of people, though, so you never know.

• Administrators

Unless he joined and did the "video chat" and we actually saw him and heard him on this site, it would be hard to accept/prove.

And the problem is, it's not like you could ask "him" lots of detailed, verifyable questions about his life and career, because a true fan would know all that stuff anyway.One Italian guy made a posting in the comments section in one of the videos, asking "Don" about seven questions in the one post. As if he would answer that lot anyway, even if it was him!?

• Administrators

I watched Jerry Seinfeld on a TV talk show once and they played Seinfeld trivia. Jerry actually couldn't answer 4 out of 5 questions about his own show so yeah, we probably know more about Vice than Don anyway.

• Administrators

That is so true about most actors. To them it is just another part they play then forget about. To the die hard fans it is an obsession.James Earl Jones was once giving a talk to an elementary school when all the kids started asking him to quote Darth Vader. He said the only line he could remember saying out of three movies was "I have you now!" He told the kids you know all of them so tell them to me and I will repeat them for you.

I wish there was a way to contact Don. Perhaps his agent?I'm writing this in a jury waiting room on my laptop. They have wireless internet, so I'm ready to go. NEVER THOUGHT I would be able to bring in a computer here. Everyone is staring at me because I'm one of the only people here that brought a computer,.....they wish they had brought one.

I'm writing this in a jury waiting room on my laptop. They have wireless internet' date=' so I'm ready to go.[/quote']So you're part of the Jury then? I hope it's no big Gangster that they're trying to take down. Remember Frank Mosca!