Miami Vice Daytona Spyder Model Kit

Victor

Here is the Daytona Spyder model which I had put it all together.I'm greatly thankful for one of the Vicers from the site to help me get this item to my Vice collection.I had to admit it was a real challenge to me (the panting of the model and its parts) because I had never done this before,never painted model with multiple dye.when I was a kid had plain models be done but they are nothing compared with Daytona Spyder model and its a model you would not want to screw up.but I done my best and I thing for my first shot it come up nicely.as one great person had told me about this model challenge "-You can do it!" I did do it the best I could.it still have some spots where it looks not so nice but I will fix that soon. 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Victor

Congrats Victor!!! You did a great job. Looks fantastic buddy!

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1

Congrats Victor!!! You did a great job. Looks fantastic buddy!

Thanks man! :thumbsup: still have to fix some spots to look 100%

• Administrators

The paint doesn't look too good. I guess it was like that out of the box. I'd respray that, though. But that's just me. :pGet a little pin striper spray gun, that should do it for a small plastic thing like that.

Edited by SL1DE
  • Like 1

ye the paint busted me big time.done two layers of the main body and it all was good,looked nice but when left it dry for 48h i get back and see that some parts went bad and from smooth black it went to this.so as I had mentioned I will still fix all those spots its only I was inpatient to post the pictures of the main picture  :)  I will repaint all those spots and put it to the best condition that I can get

Speaking from experence if you want to redo it, use a dust coat of Tamiya White or Grey Primer, as that stuff is the best primer you can get for the base

and go back and forth with a simple left to right motion, then used a flipped upside down plastic box to cover the thing, as to seal it in from the dust, after putting it on some sort of a Jig so it doesnt stick to the surface below it when you paint it.

and with a dust coat its just a simple pass, your not aiming to cover the thing, just lightly cover it to give the paint that goes above it

like here at 8:15 and 10:50

until the thing is lightly covered like that, then use the other can of spray paint, and In particular I remember using a gloss black from testors that gave me a very shiney but also drippy gloss black for a 1996 Chevy Impala SS, the one with the LT1 motor.

so going with tamiya again there might be a good idea.

but basically with a good paint job you take your time and just try and use the dust coat method to make a nice finish with it, then do the same with a coat of gloss coat.

although I have heard of some people polishing that after its all said and done but I frankly dont know how to, as I usually skipped the primers and the gloss coats until recently, with the excelsior I'm working on right now

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102537907@N03/13313554364

and just getting the colors right on that was tricky FYI, as ILM used some movie magic tricks on the paintjob, using a blue white to give off that more advanced looking grey for it on film

so you pretty much had to play it by ear, and the same sort of thing was used on TNG as well, before the switch to CGI.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1