Best Buy

agent 47

In my area,there are two Best Buys,one is very good,shop there often,one,well,better off at FYE.Now Best Buy is cutting jobs at their stores.I recently got Miami Vice:season one at the better best buy.How much do you shop at Best Buy?How good is the one in your area?The best one in my area is in Gainesville,they fair amount of dvds from every genre,Ocala has a poorly stocked one that changes their layout too often.

• Administrators

Been to several in New Jersey and all are top notch! Bigger stores have a bigger selection but still, no complaints about any of them. We also have FYE and they are ridiculously expensive. Bestbuy gets 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup: from me.

My Best Buy has a pretty good selection of music, so I do go there from time to time, been awhile since I bought anything else there.I remember back in 1990's (1997-8) BB had an AWESOME selection of VHS tapes that you couldn't find anywhere else in town. They still have a nice selection of DVDs, but that sense of search and discovery just isn't the same. Maybe it's just me.

I used to go to Best Buy a lot,I know that feling Lar!Like get this,I wanted the film Lost Highway,I went to the Gainesville store and checked on it,I asked the employee for the DVD section if they had it,he said they were sold out at the moment but would get it back in stock next week(this is around March of 2007)I come back the next week,still not in but the guy said it would be in next week,over the weekend I tried the Ocala one,the man there said that the Lost Highway DVD is a Canadian DVD and usually only sold in Canadian stores!When I finaaly went to Best Buy.com,they were out of stock,at the end of the year Universal announced that they were releasing the movie ion March 25th.2008.Instead of runarounds,I pre-ordered it at target.com for $13.99.I went to town that day(the dvd was waitng at home for me!)I decided for fun to check if they were going to carry it at best buy,they didn't,but Wal Mart did!How sad is that?

As far as calling to see if they have something in particular, forget about it with my local Best Buy. The guys at mine don't know what they're doing. A call for a certain CD resulted in being told that "It's on sale for $19.99, but it's on back-order" (after taking like 20 minutes to find it on the computer). In other words, they didn't have it. Because every time I had been there, there was at least one copy in stock, naturally, a trip there resulted in not one but two copies of the CD there on the shelves, albeit at $24.99, not $19.99 (this was a double-album, hence the high-price).Not that I'm trying to bash Best Buy, they have a ton of great stuff, and I'd rather go there than Wal-Mart. It's just that you have to go and actually search for what you need yourself.

Last July,I learned that as well.For my birthday,I wanted the movie The Maltese Falcon on DVD,Best Buy advertised they had it in stock,a $24.99 three-disc special edition,I went online and checked the night before to see if it's in stock in Ocala(that's the city I was going to that day)they said they didn't have it in stock at the store,Mom wanted to go to Best Buy,when I got there,my gut instinct told me to check for it,and guess what?They had it!So if you want something,going to the store is still the most reliable way to check store availibility!