World Cup Brazil 2014

ArtieRollins

It's actually been 20 years since World Cup was held in USA and my interest for football took off like an rocket.

But I guess my interest already began a couple of months before the main event started by collecting and trading the once popular football cards/stickers.

After World Cup my interest for the english Premier League grew and I tried to watch as many matches as I could, and former heroes like Batman, The Phantom and Turtles were now replaced by names like Eric Cantona, Peter Schmeichel, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and David Beckham.

Almos 20 years later I still follow my favorite teams now and then but its not the same as back in the mid 90s.

Anyway I have seen a couple of matches in this years World Cup and while some have been almost breathtaking with beautiful goals, action and drama throughout 90 minutes, but there have also been matches that have been the complete opposite and instead have ended up as one huge snore fest.

Edited by ArtieRollins

Not a soccer (excuse me FUTBALL) fan but have enjoyed the World Cup.  Fun to watch excellent athletes compete when it really matters to them. :clap: