MY MIAMI VICE FANTASY LIFE

COOPER&BURNETT

Choogotitmang!!!

LOL! Izzy is such a great character. Which episode is your Izzy quote at the bottom of your messages from? If it is.You ever do any racing with your machine, Stinger? I've done alot of sailing and even some racing, but I've only been on a cigarette boat a few times.

really big limitation on clothes. Some shirts that run smaller I even wear a 3X. I bet they haven't made a 3X pink henley since.....NEVER! :)My wife likes how it looks on me, though.

Of course she likes how it looks on you, women LOVE a man who wears stylish VICE clothes! She, and you, have good taste! :prost::clap:

Thanks Charlie' date=' it's a work in progress, and next year it will be 45 years old! I put the map in the table 7 or 8 years ago, but it's yellowed alot more than I thought it would. Oh well. I've been to NHYC before. It's just down PCH about 25 minutes from Alamitos Bay where I live. Are you still in the area?Lidos are lots of fun, and I'm actually thinking of getting a Sabot for my kids. A friend of mine has one in great shape he bought for his grandkids, but they never use it. He and I and another friend just competed in the bronze class Cal 20 nationals last summer. ABYC hosted and they were celebrating 50 years with over 50 boats competing. We finished mid-pack, but had a blast. You ever do any racing?[/quote']Still live in SoCal...West Hollywood. My mom still lives in Newport and my wife and I go down to check on her as often as possible (if I don't get near the water after a few days I get trigger happy.) If I'm lucky, there's a sailboat race going on the ocean and I usually am in time and in a place where I can see the spinnakers as the boats head back to the harbor.Never did much racing outside of non-calm. Mu uncle's done Newport to Ensenada on occasion but since he's older now, mainly sticks to his Chris Craft. Mom and him grew up racing snowbirds and have the rusty trophy's to show for it.The sabot's not the sleekest of boats, but it's good for kids to start on, and if two can fit in one, it's a good way to learn how to crew.Never been to ABYC but I know where it is. That's a cool area. Used to go to a club near there in the '80s called Bogarts.

Still live in SoCal...West Hollywood. My mom still lives in Newport and my wife and I go down to check on her as often as possible (if I don't get near the water after a few days I get trigger happy.) If I'm lucky' date=' there's a sailboat race going on the ocean and I usually am in time and in a place where I can see the spinnakers as the boats head back to the harbor.Never did much racing outside of non-calm. Mu uncle's done Newport to Ensenada on occasion but since he's older now, mainly sticks to his Chris Craft. Mom and him grew up racing snowbirds and have the rusty trophy's to show for it.The sabot's not the sleekest of boats, but it's good for kids to start on, and if two can fit in one, it's a good way to learn how to crew.Never been to ABYC but I know where it is. That's a cool area. Used to go to a club near there in the '80s called Bogarts.[/quote']I hear you about being near the water! Never heard of Bogart's, but then I only arrived in '96. Used to go to Yankee Doodle's quite a bit back in the day and shoot darts. I always liked the live music at Panama Joe's too. It is lots of fun around here. Always seems to be something going on. Of course WeHo has alot going too.I did Newport-Ensenada once about five or six years ago, the year one of the boats hit whale and broke his rudder! Wasn't alot of wind, which I hear is not uncommon. I mostly daysail now with a few trips to Catalina each year.

Of course she likes how it looks on you' date=' women LOVE a man who wears stylish VICE clothes! She, and you, have good taste! :prost::clap:[/quote']You funneee... Coop!I got some pictures of our place, but they're not the best. I took them with my old cell phone, probably just a step up from Crockett's car phone! It's time to get me a new one, but I never seem to get around to it. Not into electronic a whole lot. Next time I'll try to convince my wife to use her iPhone.First one is the wall of glass looking out to the marina from the balcony.Second is looking back the opposite direction.Third shows our minimalist approach.Fourth is our wet bar. Had to show that.Last is our kitchen, again fairly minimalist.Not as sleek as yours Coop, but in the general neighborhood.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5740[/ATTACH]

post-10973-13892964322587_thumb.jpg

post-10973-13892964323752_thumb.jpg

post-10973-13892964324936_thumb.jpg

post-10973-13892964326099_thumb.jpg

post-10973-13892964327383_thumb.jpg

5736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5738[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5740[/ATTACH]

WONDERFUL!!!!....And, extremely clean and picked up! Now that's a really nice place you got there Pal. I like it a lot! I don't care about picture quality, as long as we can see it, and we can see it. I'll be you like living there, and I can see why! I picture you wearing your new henley, having a drink at the bar, and looking out the window to the marina below.Loved the pictures!!! Hopefully, more will follow.P.S. Is that a grey cat back there?

WONDERFUL!!!!....And' date=' extremely clean and picked up! Now that's a really nice place you got there Pal. I like it a lot! I don't care about picture quality, as long as we can see it, and we can see it. I'll be you like living there, and I can see why! I picture you wearing your new henley, having a drink at the bar, and looking out the window to the marina below.Loved the pictures!!! Hopefully, more will follow.P.S. Is that a grey cat back there?[/quote']LOL!:)I just noticed the cat. Yes, that's a stray my wife brought home 9 years! ago named Marley. I'm also a big reggae fan since the early 80's. I have over 200 reggae albums alone, most on CD, but about thirty or so on vinyl from back in the day. Reggae albums have some great cover art, and my wife was playing with the idea of creating a collage using the covers to put near the wet bar. This is probably why I have watched the episodes Cool Runnin' and The Big Thaw many, many times. Black Uhuru's What is Life is used in several scenes in The Big Thaw. Love them, and Jimmy Cliff is in another episode who's title I can't remember and ,of course, Marley. I was always surprised MV didn't use more reggae music or have more episodes featuring Rastafarians, especially since Miami has the largest Jamaican ex-patriot community in the US. Coincidentally, Long Beach has the largest Jamaican community on the west coast. Don't know why?I added some descriptions to the photos since I first posted them, as if they weren't obvious. In that first picture on the right you can see the banana palm I mentioned to you earlier. It seems like it might fit your MV style. If you want I can attach a picture of it. It's on our balcony.

Cool Runnings and The Big Thaw many, many times. Black Uhuru's What is Life is used in several scenes in The Big Thaw. Love them, and Jimmy Cliff is in another episode who's title I can't remember and ,of course, Marley. I was always surprised MV didn't use more reggae music or have more episodes featuring Rastafarians, especially since Miami has the largest Jamaican ex-patriot community in the US. Coincidentally, Long Beach has the largest Jamaican community on the west coast. Don't know why?I added some descriptions to the photos since I first posted them, as if they weren't obvious. In that first picture on the right you can see the banana palm I mentioned to you earlier. It seems like it might fit your MV style. If you want I can attach a picture of it. It's on our balcony.

I actually started a whole thread on my Banana tree plant.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?7224-MY-NEW-BANANA-TREE-PLANT!&highlight=banana+tree+plantI have, I think, three different mixes on mp3 of WHAT IS LIFE. The song fits well in MIAMI VICE. Sometimes, I turn on the DirectTV to the music stations, and just play Reggae, and salsa music. Other times, it's the 80's station... Very MIAMI VICE. Gotta have VICE on the TV, or the music playing. I too don't know why Long Beach has so many from Jamaica.Your place is rather "VICEY". How fun! :thumbsup:

I actually started a whole thread on my Banana tree plant.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?7224-MY-NEW-BANANA-TREE-PLANT!&highlight=banana+tree+plantI have' date=' I think, three different mixes on mp3 of WHAT IS LIFE. The song fits well in MIAMI VICE. Sometimes, I turn on the DirectTV to the music stations, and just play Reggae, and salsa music. Other times, it's the 80's station... Very MIAMI VICE. Gotta have VICE on the TV, or the music playing. I too don't know why Long Beach has so many from Jamaica.Your place is rather "VICEY". How fun! :thumbsup:[/quote']Just read some of the thread. Sorry the first one died, but it was a pretty amusing thread. Ours is over ten years old and won't die. Of course, it was right next to the glass wall and got plenty of light. We moved it outside to the balcony because it got to large for the original spot. We had a ficus out there that grew so large I eventually had to cut it up and haul it out. There was just no more room for it to grow. It was bent over against the ceiling. My parents have bird of paradise in their back yard with at least fifty flowers. Every once in a while my dad has to hack out part of the root ball with an axe to keep it from getting to big. Good luck with yours.My wife has a lot of 80's music and listens to alternative too. I mostly listen to my reggae collection and a little of the alternative she plays. There are lots of rastas here in the LBC, especially in the east village art district. They all show up to the Raggamuffins festival at the LB arena every February, but this year it was canceled for the first time since I've lived here. Bummer."Vicey" I like it!

Just read some of the thread. Sorry the first one died' date=' but it was a pretty amusing thread. Ours is over ten years old and won't die. Of course, it was right next to the glass wall and got plenty of light. We moved it outside to the balcony because it got to large for the original spot. We had a ficus out there that grew so large I eventually had to cut it up and haul it out. There was just no more room for it to grow. It was bent over against the ceiling. My parents have bird of paradise in their back yard with at least fifty flowers. Every once in a while my dad has to hack out part of the root ball with an axe to keep it from getting to big. Good luck with yours.My wife has a lot of 80's music and listens to alternative too. I mostly listen to my reggae collection and a little of the alternative she plays. There are lots of rastas here in the LBC, especially in the east village art district. They all show up to the Raggamuffins festival at the LB arena every February, but this year it was canceled for the first time since I've lived here. Bummer."Vicey" I like it![/quote']Unfortunately, my second banana plant died too. It, like the other one, got infested with spider mites, and it died. I don't know about trying again a 3rd time. My indoor bird of paradise has been alive for about 4 years now, perhaps longer, and it is doing fine. Just like you wrote, mine is right next to a big glass window, and gets plenty of light. I'd like to get more tropical plants this year to make the place look like South Florida.

Unfortunately' date=' my second banana plant died too. It, like the other one, got infested with spider mites, and it died. I don't know about trying again a 3rd time. My indoor bird of paradise has been alive for about 4 years now, perhaps longer, and it is doing fine. Just like you wrote, mine is right next to a big glass window, and gets plenty of light. I'd like to get more tropical plants this year to make the place look like South Florida.[/quote']We have lots of plants on our balconies, mostly my wifes doing. It can look quite lush sometimes. You can see some of the pots in the first picture. There are also Bouganvilla plants that grow on trellisses around a wall fountain, and Eucalyptus tress growing in the planters below us. There's a table outside and it's quite nice to have drink, watch the boats, and listen to the fountain among all the foliage.Too bad about the second one. Funny how I thought the things were so hearty. Southern California definitely gets enough sunshine to grow many tropical plants so you should be good to go. The issue is water. There was even a banana farm in La Conchita for about ten years in the late 80's to early 90's. It was a little micro-climate between Ventura and Santa Barbara perfect for growing them. I stopped in a couple of times when going to visit my wife/then girlfriend while she was attending UCSB. They had all kinds of cool varieties.Now that I think about it, are you in Southern California? I think you just wrote California. Someplace else like the Bay Area would be whole different story. Sorry, ignore my comments if that's the case.

Too bad about the second one. Funny how I thought the things were so hearty. Southern California definitely gets enough sunshine to grow many tropical plants so you should be good to go. The issue is water. There was even a banana farm in La Conchita for about ten years in the late 80's to early 90's. It was a little micro-climate between Ventura and Santa Barbara perfect for growing them. I stopped in a couple of times when going to visit my wife/then girlfriend while she was attending UCSB. They had all kinds of cool varieties.Now that I think about it' date=' are you in Southern California? I think you just wrote California. Someplace else like the Bay Area would be whole different story. Sorry, ignore my comments if that's the case.[/quote']I'm in the L.A. area, and plants do very well here. Tropical plants do well for me, it's just the spider mite, and other bug problems that kill them. Bird of Paradise, and Palms do well here.I haven't been to Santa Barbara for a while. I'd like to get back there. I posted photos here the last time I went. I just came back from buying four pairs of Crockett shoes, and am now back online, and watch'in VICE on the TV. :thumbsup:

Hey Coop,I wanted to ask you about your Alfa. I've never driven one. Are they pretty tight inside? I know most Italian cars are pretty cramped, especially at my size. I have driven a FIAT Dino Spider, barely. A friend of mine had a black one, mid to late 60's I think, and I didn't believe her when she told me it had a Ferrari engine. I looked it up and it was the same 2.0 liter V-6 as the mid-engined Ferrari 206/246 cars. It was fun to drive and had lots of power, but I could barely use the clutch it was so tight, and if the top was up, forget it.Is it tough finding a good mechanic and getting parts? I deal with this problem all the time because I have a VW camper van from the 80's. In fact it's an '88 so it was built during MV's run. Now that I think of it, I guess the van makes me more like Zito and Switek than Crockett or Tubbs, but I love thing, and spend more time than I should keeping it running. Was the 84' Alfa you had a bit of a chore to keep running well? On the other hand, my wife has a 2003 Beetle convertible that we like to pop the top on and drive around Long Beach. We especially like to cruise down PCH to dinner and such. It's no Daytona Spider, but what the hell is!

Hey Coop' date='I wanted to ask you about your Alfa. I've never driven one. Are they pretty tight inside? I know most Italian cars are pretty cramped, especially at my size. I have driven a FIAT Dino Spider, barely. A friend of mine had a black one, mid to late 60's I think, and I didn't believe her when she told me it had a Ferrari engine. I looked it up and it was the same 2.0 liter V-6 as the mid-engined Ferrari 206/246 cars. It was fun to drive and had lots of power, but I could barely use the clutch it was so tight, and if the top was up, forget it.Is it tough finding a good mechanic and getting parts? I deal with this problem all the time because I have a VW camper van from the 80's. In fact it's an '88 so it was built during MV's run. Now that I think of it, I guess the van makes me more like Zito and Switek than Crockett or Tubbs, but I love thing, and spend more time than I should keeping it running. Was the 84' Alfa you had a bit of a chore to keep running well? On the other hand, my wife has a 2003 Beetle convertible that we like to pop the top on and drive around Long Beach. We especially like to cruise down PCH to dinner and such. It's no Daytona Spider, but what the hell is![/quote']To answer your questions, it would be cramped to you, because you are so tall. For me (5' 8"), it feels just perfect. Finding a Mechanic is not hard if you go to a place that specializes in the car, or a shop that works on Italian cars. So, no, it's no problem. Finding parts is, once again, no problem. There are two really big companies that sell parts for these cars. Parts are no problem at all. What IS a problem is trim pieces, some badges etc, but Mechanical, not a problem, it's easy....expensive, but easy. 99.9% of parts you need are available, because they are still making them, and there is a loyal following of people who love these cars. My 84 had no problems, and my 91 has no problems. It's a very reliable car that get's 30 miles to the gallon. Parts are expensive, and it's really hard to find replacement parts for the removable hardtop. The hardtop is also rare, and will boost the price of a spider sometimes as much as $2,000 more. Luckily, I have a removeable hardtop in perfect condition.! :thumbsup:It's a very fun car, but I don't think for someone of your size that it would be something you'd like. You'd be uncomfortable.

To answer your questions' date=' it would be cramped to you, because you are so tall. For me (5' 8"), it feels just perfect. Finding a Mechanic is not hard if you go to a place that specializes in the car, or a shop that works on Italian cars. So, no, it's no problem. Finding parts is, once again, no problem. There are two really big companies that sell parts for these cars. Parts are no problem at all. What IS a problem is trim pieces, some badges etc, but Mechanical, not a problem, it's easy....expensive, but easy. 99.9% of parts you need are available, because they are still making them, and there is a loyal following of people who love these cars. My 84 had no problems, and my 91 has no problems. It's a very reliable car that get's 30 miles to the gallon. Parts are expensive, and it's really hard to find replacement parts for the removable hardtop. The hardtop is also rare, and will boost the price of a spider sometimes as much as $2,000 more. Luckily, I have a removeable hardtop in perfect condition.! :thumbsup:It's a very fun car, but I don't think for someone of your size that it would be something you'd like. You'd be uncomfortable.[/quote']Interesting. For me parts aren't that expensive, but it's often several days to track it down and get the part shipped, and lots of mechanics don't want to touch them because they have no diagnostic system like newer cars. They have to know how to diagnose problems old school. I have a couple of mechanics I work with, but I'm always on the lookout for a really good one.Little two-seaters like yours are alot of fun. My father had an old white MG T-series, TD if I remember correctly. The one with the flying fenders and the fuel tank strapped to the back!. It was from the 50's and I actually fit in that one. It had surprising leg room, but no headroom with the top up. I've always heard Italian cars tend to be a bit smaller inside, particularly short in leg room. I could barely drive that FIAT Dino, safely anyway, but I guy I worked with had a beautiful '66 Porsche 911 he let me drive, and I fit in it fine. It wasn't roomy, but it was reasonably comfortable. I fit easily into my wife's little beetle too. I guess Germans are just bigger than Italians! ;)I'll try to find a couple of pictures of my van, "Big Blue". No bug on the roof but Zito and Switek could camp overnight in it.

My Miami Vice fantasy Friday afternoonI went down to Newport, where I grew up, to meet a friend for lunch. Wore my Tubbs t-shirt, of course. We met at a seafood restaurant which is fairly new and very trendy. On my way, I passed the Newport Boat Show, which is full of boats, all of which are jutting into the harbor on temporary docks. I was fully expecting to see "The Lauderdale Lady" there. It was awesome to see...I could easily imagine Crockett and Tubbs on the docks wading around, looking for Izzy or the Great McCarthy.My friend knows a lot of the locals and alot of them are real characters. One of them stopped by our table and pressed the flesh. He edits a local surfing lifestyle and is a larger then life character. Out of no where he gave us a couple of his magazine's t-shirts. There were a bunch of tourists there from the boat show wondering what the hell was going on. I could imagine it being a pretty strange seen if you didn't know the local surf lingo. "It's all channels of power man, all channels of power."After lunch, my friend took me to a hidden warehouse a surfwear company just moved into. It's located in an industrial area, but you step inside and it's all artsy, reminding me alot of Glanz's place in "Death and the Lady." There were all these large photos of 1950's French prostitutes around the office. Really strange. A very event filled day full of characters. It reminded me of when I was in my teens/early-20s in the 1980s when there was a new adventure around every corner and a character at each turn.

I went down to Newport' date=' where I grew up, to meet a friend for lunch. Wore my Tubbs t-shirt, of course. We met at a seafood restaurant which is fairly new and very trendy. On my way, I passed the Newport Boat Show, which is full of boats, all of which are jutting into the harbor on temporary docks. I was fully expecting to see "The Lauderdale Lady" there. It was awesome to see...I could easily imagine Crockett and Tubbs on the docks wading around, looking for Izzy or the Great McCarthy.My friend knows a lot of the locals and alot of them are real characters. One of them stopped by our table and pressed the flesh. He edits a local surfing lifestyle and is a larger then life character. Out of no where he gave us a couple of his magazine's t-shirts. There were a bunch of tourists there from the boat show wondering what the hell was going on. I could imagine it being a pretty strange seen if you didn't know the local surf lingo. "It's all channels of power man, all channels of power."After lunch, my friend took me to a hidden warehouse a surfwear company just moved into. It's located in an industrial area, but you step inside and it's all artsy, reminding me alot of Glanz's place in "Death and the Lady." There were all these large photos of 1950's French prostitutes around the office. Really strange. A very event filled day full of characters. It reminded me of when I was in my teens/early-20s in the 1980s when there was a new adventure around every corner and a character at each turn.[/quote']CharlieGlide, thanks for sharing the story, and taking the time to write it. I read every word, and loved every minute of it! I loved the MIAMI VICE references too!! You made me feel like I was there. I wish I was, as I don't take my second of five weeks of vacation for another three weeks. I may drive up to Santa Cruz.Your VICE day adventure was a pleasure to read! :thumbsup:

I went down to Newport' date=' where I grew up, to meet a friend for lunch. Wore my Tubbs t-shirt, of course. We met at a seafood restaurant which is fairly new and very trendy. On my way, I passed the Newport Boat Show, which is full of boats, all of which are jutting into the harbor on temporary docks. I was fully expecting to see "The Lauderdale Lady" there. It was awesome to see...I could easily imagine Crockett and Tubbs on the docks wading around, looking for Izzy or the Great McCarthy.My friend knows a lot of the locals and alot of them are real characters. One of them stopped by our table and pressed the flesh. He edits a local surfing lifestyle and is a larger then life character. Out of no where he gave us a couple of his magazine's t-shirts. There were a bunch of tourists there from the boat show wondering what the hell was going on. I could imagine it being a pretty strange seen if you didn't know the local surf lingo. "It's all channels of power man, all channels of power."After lunch, my friend took me to a hidden warehouse a surfwear company just moved into. It's located in an industrial area, but you step inside and it's all artsy, reminding me alot of Glanz's place in "Death and the Lady." There were all these large photos of 1950's French prostitutes around the office. Really strange. A very event filled day full of characters. It reminded me of when I was in my teens/early-20s in the 1980s when there was a new adventure around every corner and a character at each turn.[/quote']Cool story Charlie. I was at the boat show on Saturday. The temporary docks were weird to see. Long Beach does something similar at the Shoreline Marina for their show. Ever been to Shoreline Yacht Club? They have a roof deck that you can sit outside on and see the whole Marina and all the way to Palos Verdes and Seal Beach. They showed many views of the are when they aired the Long Beach Grand Prix last weekend. I think Crockett and Tubbs would have a drink in a place like that.I just watched Yankee Dollar last night. I hadn't seen Mr. Charlie Glide it a long while.

Today, I wore my vice clothes, (white henley, pastel green blazer, light blue jeans, and aqua/black espadrilles.I went to Macy's to check out the spring clothes. While twirling / spinning my wayfarers Crockett style in my right hand, and carrying a bag full of pastel goodies in my left hand, I heard a voice coming around a clothing display say, "I love your jacket!". I turned around to see a young guy who works at Macy's come around the corner. "That's a color you don't see very often" he said. He was nicely dressed, but still looked like so many young people I see today in the U.S.. He had an odd haircut, very scruffy facial hair, (not stubble mind you) Tattoos, and huge round things inside his ear lobe, not an earring, but something inside your ear where you have to stretch a hole in the skin to make it expand enough to insert this round thing, and his clothes, were all black. It looked decent by today's standards, but certainly not vice-like! He seemed like a nice guy, about 24 years of age. I showed him that the jacket was unlined, he asked where I got it, and even noticed it was linen. Good eye! I was a bit suprised he knew what the fabric was, but he was correct. I showed him that the buttons on the sleeve actually could unbutton to roll up the sleeves, He let me know his black blazer had buttons that were just for show. I told him I also had the same jacket in all pastels, green, blue, yellow, and pink. I wanted to get going, as I was just on my way out. Luckily, a lady asked him a question about a shirt for her husband, and I decided it was time to split. He let me know if there was anything I needed help with, his name was tom. Here's where I blew it this time, I gave him my real name instead of saying, "My name is Sonny", like I have in the past. I blew it. :cry: I had to do, or say something vice-like before leaving the mall to be able to post this story.I walked around looking for "vice" opportunities. Finally, the time had come. I was walking past a kiosk in the middle of the mall. They were selling thick clamshell style wallet cases that you put your credit cards in to protect them from thieves who can scan them. I was walking by, and the guy there asked if I'd be interested in one. I replied, "I hate to carry a wallet man. Ruiens the flow of my trousers." I was dressed like Crockett, but it sure sounded like IZZY to me! :):clap:

Today' date=' I wore my vice clothes, (white henley, pastel green blazer, light blue jeans, and aqua/black espadrilles.I went to Macy's to check out the spring clothes. While twirling / spinning my wayfarers Crockett style in my right hand, and carrying a bag full of pastel goodies in my left hand, I heard a voice coming around a clothing display say, "I love your jacket!". I turned around to see a young guy who works at Macy's come around the corner. "That's a color you don't see very often" he said. He was nicely dressed, but still looked like so many young people I see today in the U.S.. He had an odd haircut, very scruffy facial hair, (not stubble mind you) Tattoos, and huge round things inside his ear lobe, not an earring, but something inside your ear where you have to stretch a hole in the skin to make it expand enough to insert this round thing, and his clothes, were all black. It looked decent by today's standards, but certainly not vice-like! He seemed like a nice guy, about 24 years of age. I showed him that the jacket was unlined, he asked where I got it, and even noticed it was linen. Good eye! I was a bit suprised he knew what the fabric was, but he was correct. I showed him that the buttons on the sleeve actually could unbutton to roll up the sleeves, He let me know his black blazer had buttons that were just for show. I told him I also had the same jacket in all pastels, green, blue, yellow, and pink. I wanted to get going, as I was just on my way out. Luckily, a lady asked him a question about a shirt for her husband, and I decided it was time to split. He let me know if there was anything I needed help with, his name was tom. Here's where I blew it this time, I gave him my real name instead of saying, "My name is Sonny", like I have in the past. I blew it. :cry: I had to do, or say something vice-like before leaving the mall to be able to post this story.I walked around looking for "vice" opportunities. Finally, the time had come. I was walking past a kiosk in the middle of the mall. They were selling thick clamshell style wallet cases that you put your credit cards in to protect them from thieves who can scan them. I was walking by, and the guy there asked if I'd be interested in one. I replied, "I hate to carry a wallet man. Ruiens the flow of my trousers." I was dressed like Crockett, but it sure sounded like IZZY to me! :):clap:[/quote']Like what you wrote COOP. :clap:Don't know about sounding IZZY like. If you had finished with something like "Feeeel de Italian leader..............I have 3 sizes, eight, eight and a half........" :DJust to expand on your comment about how people dress now, especially younger ones in their 20s'. My wife and I have lunch at our local Boat Club. Yes thats' its name The Boat Club. not original but accurate. Anyway whenever we go there, for lunch or dinner, we always dress nice. Me in my vice clothes of course. Linen pants, slip ons(no sock of course), henley or plain tshirt and jacket. People our age and older are always look nice. But people, especially in their 20s' come in shorts, thongs and singlets, sometimes. I remember when you could not get into establishments in jeans and joggers, and definetly not shorts, singlets and thongs. Then people wonder why there is little respect shown in society today. I know it's a small thing, but when you can't respect yourself enough to dress appropriately how can you start to have any respect for others.Anyway, that is my bitch for the day.Thanks for posting your story.:thumbsup:

Like what you wrote COOP. :clap:Don't know about sounding IZZY like. If you had finished with something like "Feeeel de Italian leader..............I have 3 sizes' date=' eight, eight and a half........" :DJust to expand on your comment about how people dress now, especially younger ones in their 20s'. My wife and I have lunch at our local Boat Club. Yes thats' its name The Boat Club. not original but accurate. Anyway whenever we go there, for lunch or dinner, we always dress nice. Me in my vice clothes of course. Linen pants, slip ons(no sock of course), henley or plain tshirt and jacket. People our age and older are always look nice. But people, especially in their 20s' come in shorts, thongs and singlets, sometimes. I remember when you could not get into establishments in jeans and joggers, and definetly not shorts, singlets and thongs. Then people wonder why there is little respect shown in society today. I know it's a small thing, but when you can't respect yourself enough to dress appropriately how can you start to have any respect for others.Anyway, that is my bitch for the day.Thanks for posting your story.:thumbsup:[/quote']Actually, your bitch / rant is the way I feel. I rather liked YOUR story too! :thumbsup:

1. I really appreciate the story, C&B. Good for you in taking the Vice look to the streets. With today's fashion, there's a fine line between cool and goofy. I really scratch my head at half the crap I see out there on people. Don't get me started with the pants half way (or more!) down the arse. Crockett's Vice look is extremely cool in an un-predictable way, these days. I posted a pic of myself in my white jacket, pastel pants on facebook and my 17-year old nephew was blown away with the look. Thought it was awesome.2. I'm with you, Aussiefan. People of all ages here in the states dress inappropiately. I live near in southern California where it can be warm, but people use it as an excuse to dress down, when really they are just being lazy. It doesn't take much effort to either dress appropiately for the occasion, or simply have taste. Good on ya for making the effort at the Boat Club.

I really scratch my head at half the crap I see out there on people. Don't get me started with the pants half way (or more!) down the arse.

:radio: Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Look'in like a fool with your pants on the ground! :radio:I HATE that look!!:evil::thumbsdown: XXXXXL white shirt, ball cap to the side with the price tag and stickers still on it, brim not bent, and pants falling down where I can see some dudes filthy underwear??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? This and the grundge look is just horrible.:thumbsdown:Crockett's clothes rule!

Thanks CharlieGlide. 100% correct. It does'nt take much effort to dress appropriately or have taste. Or just respect for yourself and others.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Right on COOP and Charlie. That "grunge look" is horrible.Crocketts' clothes do rule.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:And Tubbs. :cool:

Thanks CharlieGlide. 100% correct. It does'nt take much effort to dress appropriately or have taste. Or just respect for yourself and others.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Right on COOP and Charlie. That "grunge look" is horrible.Crocketts' clothes do rule.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:And Tubbs. :cool:

CROCKETT AND TUBBS RULE!The clothes STILL look cool today! It's a classic. Classic never goes out of style. :thumbsup: