Bobby Womack and Eli Wallach have passed

Kavinsky

it just came in that Bobby Womack has passed, age 70, his name and voice will be familiar with fans of the QT movie Jackie Brown featuring Pam Greir back in 1995

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Womack

possibly from a heart attack as it does say he had drug problems

and he passed along with Eli Wallach, age 98, who thankfully had alot of kids and had a long lasting marrage that rivaled Paul Newmans.

and to think if it wasnt for Eastwood warning him to stay well away from the Pyrotechniques on the good the bad and the ugly he would have never gotten to be that old

may they both rest in peace as they've certainly earned it

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Youtube looking for some of my favorite The Outfield songs and then found out that John Spinks died two days ago at the age of 60. ;(

Always liked their 1985 release Play Deep, as it has that great uplifting summer pop/rock sound filled with good guitar hooks and catchy melodies and beside their hit Your Love, my favorite Outfield tune is Taking My Chances where John Spinks has the lead vocal.

Well what can you do, some of these people live 3 lifetimes in 10 years it seems, such as Steve Mcqueen and probably countless others, Much like Bogart and other screen and music legends.

hell I'm still surprised we still have Mick Jagger and David Bowie with us in that regard.

and I'll tell you this much, this happened about 10 years ago it seems but I still really miss Issac Hayes., hell I went out my way years ago to find the soundtrack to Truck Turner online and I still listen to his stuff and miss the guy to this day.

and then to have that stupid southpark insult him just before he died, I mean jesus, that killed any idea of giving that TV show a shot.

ah well I guess once again I'll have to use another late actors quote here, there never gone as long as we remember them - Deforest Kelly in Wrath Of Khan, another actor long since gone.

Edited by Kavinsky