"Is There Life After Miami Vice?" 1989 TV Guide Article

Lar

Good find Lar I never saw this one over at orgIt's a real pity that PMT didn't kick on after Vice, there are a lot worse actors out there who have had a more sucessfull acting career than PMT:confused::confused:

I agree, PMT never got a fair shake. Still, gotta admire the guy for keeping such an optimistic attitude, and he's kept buy, just in a more low-key way.Maybe someone can lead me to the direct quote, but I've heard that in an SNL that aired around MV's finale (SNL's season ended before the series finale, so...?), Dennis Miller made a comment on update to the effect of "That sound you just heard was Philip Michael Thomas falling off the face of the Earth". That's not a direct quote, since I haven't seen the episode, but still, ouch.

Maybe someone can lead me to the direct quote, but I've heard that in an SNL that aired around MV's finale (SNL's season ended before the series finale, so...?), Dennis Miller made a comment on update to the effect of "That sound you just heard was Philip Michael Thomas falling off the face of the Earth". That's not a direct quote, since I haven't seen the episode, but still, ouch.Phillip never really did get much after Miami Vice except for a low budget Perry Mason and Vice City,as for the quote,I didn't know Dennis Miller was on SNL!I only know him for his political comments on The O'Reilly Factor,but I can see him saying something like that!

All I remember of PMT after MV was him joining Dione Warwick promoting the Pyshic Friends Network. When I saw that I was rather disappointed to see someone of his stature accepting that kind of gig. Back in those days I was still in school so didn't fully grasp the idea of making a living any which way you can to survive. Now I can certainly relate to him just finding work.That's too bad because I too think he could have gone on to more projects on TV and film. Perhaps he just didn't have the right people (agents) around him at that time. If so called "actors" like Tom Arnold can find work, I think PMT could do even better.

• Administrators
...Dennis Miller made a comment on update to the effect of "That sound you just heard was Philip Michael Thomas falling off the face of the Earth". That's not a direct quote' date=' since I haven't seen the episode, but still, ouch.[/quote']I remember him saying this a long time ago but do not remember where I heard it.

Phillip never really did get much after Miami Vice except for a low budget Perry Mason and Vice City,as for the quote,I didn't know Dennis Miller was on SNL!I only know him for his political comments on The O'Reilly Factor,but I can see him saying something like that!

Dennis Miller did the Fake SNL news. Then he had a failed attempt on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

Dennis Miller was IMO the best Weekend Update anchor since Chevy Chase, and only Norm MacDonald (my favorite) has been in the same league since Miller left, though Kevin Nealon had his moments.Back on topic, here's PMT's filmography over at IMDB. Is it just me, or did he have more credits before MV than after?http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859365/

Wasn't he rumored to star in his own detective series in the 90's? I recall hearing something about that on these forums, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe I remember wrong.Any idea on the deal with those "Extralarge" movies listed?Also, I see he did an episode of Superboy; I loved that one back in the day.