Melissa Leo, Overnight Sensation

Richie Rich

Melissa Leo, from one of my favorite episodes, S5 "Bad Timing", is now an "overnight sensation", and could possibly be an Academy Award winner by next Sunday. "Melissa is a long shot to win the Best Actress Oscar next Sunday, but she’s writing a speech just to be on safe side." according to this Roger Friedman column. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492184,00.htmlClick on link at beginning of article: "Melissa Leo, Overnight Sensation"

Absolutely, Tony.There are already several pictures of here right here on .ws. At the top of the page, Click on Glossary, then Actors, then click Guest Stars, and then the letter "L", and you will see pictures from her MV episode.For how she looks now, that is on the "Guest Star Photos - 20 Years Later" thread, on page 4. She does look pretty good for 48 yrs old. There you go.

• Administrators

I just used the Glossary section for the first time --this is really slick. Nice job guys.

Nothing that a couple of thousand worth of combined hours won't cure! :)We're Glad you liked it buddy!

Melissa Leo already has one award win so far this weekend - Saturday at the Spirit Awards honoring independent film. From Associated Press story:"Best-actress recipient was Melissa Leo for "Frozen River". Leo gave a whoop as she took the stage to collect her prize for "Frozen River," which got its start a year ago at the Sundance Film Festival, where it won the top dramatic honor. She stars as a destitute mother who stumbles into the immigrant-smuggling business with a Mohawk Indian woman along the U.S.-Canada border."You are my people. You know you are my people," Leo told the independent-cinema crowd at the awards luncheon in a tent along the Santa Monica beach. "`Frozen River' is a truly independent film."

She was awful in Bad Timing...lol

I'm afraid I'll have to agree. I love the ep' date=' but Leo's part never did it for me. "He's a cop, [i']d*mmit!!! p*sses me off every time I see it.

I'm willing to give her a break, as she was young then, guys (as we all were once). She has seen and done a lot since then, and you have to give her props for that. Eingefügtes Bild3 weeks ago: Actress Melissa Leo arrives at the Academy Awards nominee luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on February 2, 2009. Leo is nominated in the Best Actress category for "Frozen River." Eingefügtes Bild2 days ago: Actress Melissa Leo arrives for the 2009 Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica, Calif., on Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009. Leo is nominated for best female lead for her role in "Frozen River." As we now know, she finished her weekend at the Academy Awards Show (no Oscar), and did walk off with a Spirit Award from the Independent Film awards show. Not bad for one weekend.Eingefügtes Bild1 day ago: LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 22: Actress Melissa Leo arrives at the 81st Annual Academy Awards held at Kodak Theatre on February 22, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.

• Administrators

"He's a cop, d*mmit!!! p*sses me off every time I see it.

Yea, and I'll bet Sonny wasn't too happy to hear her say that too! :)"Gee thanks lady, we're dealing with a couple of cop killing escaped convicts and your telling them I'm a cop. Good! Great! Thanks! Way to go!" :thumbsup: