Daytona 500 - Anyone watching?

DJAngel

My dad is a big Nascar fan,there was a huge wreck started by Dale Jr.(I didn't watch it,never got into the sport.),was he the one that sang Star Spangled Banner?I overheard that bit.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are too much.By the way, there was a race that day, in addition to the Keith Urban concert. And the racing industry pays a lot of taxes and employs a lot of people in this country - just thought you'd like to know that.No, I'm not employed in the auto racing industry, but I have ties to it, and I have respect for those people in the industry. They work hard and support their familes, just like us.

Certainly meant no disrepect:confused:It's not my interest, but great for those who are interested and participate:clap:

I didn't think that you meant disrespect.In fact, I got a laugh out of your posts. I rub elbows with the celebrities, politicians, and wealthy, and others when I am on pit road, and I respect them, and leave them alone. If their presence brings more fans and sponsor dollars to the sport, then everyone is happy.I once found myself standing right next to our current Florida governor, and despite the overwhelming urge to tell him everything about him that I didn't like, I kept my mouth shut (for my own good) :rolleyes: .