The cop film genre

agent 47

Finally got an idea for the new favorite film threads, crime films were already covered but what about cops in general? Regular cop films, FBI based films, cop film parodies, what are your favorites? Used to, I used to post my faves first, but I decided to let anyone who wants to post go first. Note:this is a public opinion thread, If you've felt that I was doing something forceful in the past, remember, this isn't mandatory, just for people to post about cop films if they want.

Pardon me if this has been discussed somewhere here before....I am new here: What about the role that our dear Larry Zito played in the series "The Shield?"When I watched the part he played in that series....I felt like someone had stabbed me in the heart!!!!! It was awful.

Guest neworder

Heat for me...Naked Gun is always quite a laugh too lol, definately the best cop comedies...obviously after the Cows of october in vice though...............................................ha

ha. you got that right pal. Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach is the best.The only reason I ever watched any of those terrible movies was Leslie Easterbrook

Michael Mann has released a lot of good cop dramas, such as Manhunter and Heat, even though people may not agree with me but the Miami Vice movie was allright, even though the romantic parts between Crockett and Gong-Li hurt the film, so does the poorly written characters, but it's great for it's documentary First 48 esque feel.Heat was great because it was the first film to really have realistic cops (besides The Naked City back in the 40's) and Manhunter is one of the best suspense films of all time, although not well known to non-Mann fans. (I have it on video along with Heat, though.)