Line from Prodigal Son - Meaning?

MVfan

I was watching Prodigal Son recently, and Val has a line that I've never quite understood. It's in the scene where Rico shows up at her apartment right after Sacco has just left. She's finally listening to her many messages that Rico left on her machine, and telling him that she's under and doesn't have time to socialize. Rico looks at the disheveled bed and says "could've fooled me" (pretty obvious what he means by that!). Val's response of "I do what it takes to get over" is the line that I don't understand. I think what's odd about it is that she says it right after referring to being "under" (cover). Is this a play on words that I'm missing?

possible, it could mean over on the crook to convince him otherwise that she's legit, or it could be similar to what trudy did with her ex after Zito died to try and get her mind off of him.

I think you got it, Kavinsky.......she does what it takes to put one over on the guy she is tracking. Otherwise, her cover would be blown.

I think you got it, Kavinsky.......she does what it takes to put one over on the guy she is tracking. Otherwise, her cover would be blown.

Yes that is it  :D