THE 2 THAT GOT AWAY (SCREEN USED CLOTHES I PASSED ON)

COOPER&BURNETT

Saddly, these are the only two screen used clothes that I was offered, and actually turned down. Now, I feel like a dong for letting them pass by.Eingefügtes BildI turned down this one because......I was shy about buying womens clothes. Stupid but true. I figured, "What would I do with this?" It was originally given by OLIVIA BROWN as an item to be sold and the money going to charity. It came with an autographed letter by OLIVIA stating this was THE dress from STREETWISE, and it also came with a video of the episode that had her autograph on the vhs tape cover. I passed on it. I BLEW it BIGTIME!Eingefügtes BildI also was offered, and turned down this jacket worn in this photoshoot. I bought a different one used in a photoshoot that you can see in the CROCKETT BLAZERS AND VICE CLOTHES thread. I turned down this one from the photo because it didn't look like something that Crockett would have worn. I purchased the other one when I could have had both. IDIOT!! I could have owned the jacket DON JOHNSON is wearing on the cover of SOF! IDIOT!!These are the mistakes that I have made regarding screen worn clothes. I cringe everytime I see these scenes or photos of the clothes knowing they could have been mine, but I actually turned them down.This will never happen again. I buy whatever is offered now.

• Administrators

Well no one is perfect buddy!I hope you have purchased a huge fire proof safe for all of your stuff. A simple house fire would be absolutely devastating! :eek:

Well, in your defense, Coop, I will say that the SOF cover jacket looks tan / beige. That would make it an earth tone clothing item, and therefore, not Vice.I would have passed on it too, as I just don't like the jacket's look - it looks cheesy velour - echhh.On further inspection of that photo, the gun blast drew my eye, and then the huge fingernails. Damn, that dude has some weird long fingernails. I look at my own, and they are about half as long as those.

Well' date=' in your defense, Coop, I will say that the SOF cover jacket looks tan / beige. That would make it an earth tone clothing item, and therefore, not Vice.I would have passed on it too, as I just don't like the jacket's look - it looks cheesy velour - echhh.On further inspection of that photo, the gun blast drew my eye, and then the huge fingernails. Damn, that dude has some weird long fingernails. I look at my own, and they are about half as long as those.[/quote']The jacket was an earthtone. I think it was a leather suade, but can't remember now. The photoshoot one that I did get is superior, but, it still was a jacket worn by DJ and as an official NBC photoshoot as Crockett.If you think the fingernails look weird, look at NOGGIE's when he's looking at the dump truck that they are going to steal in MADE FOR EACHOTHER when he is grabbing the fense. The reason the nails look like that is that they had a manacure (sp?). The cuticle (sp? again) is sofened, and pushed up, and the nail filed, and sanded and buffed. It made Crockett's undercover character, Burnett look like he was well taken care of, rich, and pampered.

Well no one is perfect buddy!I hope you have purchased a huge fire proof safe for all of your stuff. A simple house fire would be absolutely devastating! :eek:

Let's hope it's covered by my Insurance if that should happen. It's not in a safe. If it was not pouring rain, I'd wear the striped one on my days off again.Still should have bought these clothes items. Makes me wonder where they are now.:cry: I should have listened to myself and bought them. They could have been in thier own display cases. I blew it.

The jacket was an earthtone. I think it was a leather suade' date=' but can't remember now. The photoshoot one that I did get is superior, but, it still was a jacket worn by DJ and as an official NBC photoshoot as Crockett.If you think the fingernails look weird, look at NOGGIE's when he's looking at the dump truck that they are going to steal in MADE FOR EACHOTHER when he is grabbing the fense. The reason the nails look like that is that they had a manacure (sp?). The cuticle (sp? again) is sofened, and pushed up, and the nail filed, and sanded and buffed. It made Crockett's undercover character, Burnett look like he was well taken care of, rich, and pampered.[/quote']Haven't you noticed Noogie's manacured nails?Eingefügtes Bild

I remember that the tag on this dress was....XS! That's right, it was and extra small. I'm suprised she could fit into it.Eingefügtes Bild

Coop, we all make mistakes, I came across Miami Vice tapes at the flea market a week ago, the guy had eight but I only bought three of them, just one tape that had episdes I didn't have, The Prodigal Son (because the DVD sucks.) and Golden Triangle, now, even though I had the other episodes, I should have bought them all!

The jacket was an earthtone. I think it was a leather suade' date=' but can't remember now. The photoshoot one that I did get is superior, but, it still was a jacket worn by DJ and as an official NBC photoshoot as Crockett.If you think the fingernails look weird, look at NOGGIE's when he's looking at the dump truck that they are going to steal in MADE FOR EACHOTHER when he is grabbing the fense. The reason the nails look like that is that they had a manacure (sp?). The cuticle (sp? again) is sofened, and pushed up, and the nail filed, and sanded and buffed. It made Crockett's undercover character, Burnett look like he was well taken care of, rich, and pampered.[/quote']Noogie's nails are huge almost circular. I like a man that has nice nailsWhen I go to flea markets,I only find junk. I don't find any MV treasure

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/trudy.jpgI turned down this one because......I was shy about buying womens clothes. Stupid but true. I figured, "What would I do with this?" It was originally given by OLIVIA BROWN as an item to be sold and the money going to charity. It came with an autographed letter by OLIVIA stating this was THE dress from STREETWISE, and it also came with a video of the episode that had her autograph on the vhs tape cover. I passed on it. I BLEW it BIGTIME!Eingefügtes BildI also was offered, and turned down this jacket worn in this photoshoot. I bought a different one used in a photoshoot that you can see in the CROCKETT BLAZERS AND VICE CLOTHES thread. I turned down this one from the photo because it didn't look like something that Crockett would have worn. I purchased the other one when I could have had both. IDIOT!! I could have owned the jacket DON JOHNSON is wearing on the cover of SOF! IDIOT!!These are the mistakes that I have made regarding screen worn clothes. I cringe everytime I see these scenes or photos of the clothes knowing they could have been mine, but I actually turned them down.This will never happen again. I buy whatever is offered now.

You're not an idiot. Yes you passed on two(yes two is a lot when were talking vice items),but it was only two. Just be sure to take items when they become available in the future!;) Doesn't she look smashing in this photo?

When I go to flea markets,I only find junk. I don't find any MV treasureSometimes you hit something, sometimes you don't ,there are about five I go to, the flea market I found the tapes at was one that I hadn't been to in almost a year. I found two copies of the pilot (not on the same day, about two or three years apart) at the nearby one.

You're not an idiot. Yes you passed on two(yes two is a lot when were talking vice items)' date='but it was only two. Just be sure to take items when they become available in the future!;) Doesn't she look smashing in this photo?[/quote']It will forever haunt me mv86. I could have preserved them. I wonder what happened to them. Were they tossed into a corner? Machine washed and destroyed? Moth eaten? I could have saved them.She does look smashing!

I suffer from the same regret syndrome, C&B. The best thing to do is look at all the cool stuff you DO have (and in my eyes, there's a lot of things you have that are much more interesting than these).

I suffer from the same regret syndrome' date=' C&B. The best thing to do is look at all the cool stuff you DO have (and in my eyes, there's a lot of things you have that are much more interesting than these).[/quote']Deep down, I know your right Lar. But it's like the last scene in SHINDLER'S LIST when Shindler realizes he could have saved more jews. "I could have done more!" "I could have saved more".....

Don't think you're an idiot, just enjoy the tons of great MV stuff you have, soon you'll own more.That suede jacket... I don't know, it's one of my favorite DJ's pics ever, he looks great but I don't think it's for the jacket...

Perhaps I'm getting bummed out solely on the fact that I haven't been offered anything new for a couple months, so I'm thinking back on the two that would have been part of the collection. Just want something new to materialize.The more that I can get, the more I'll share with you all.

You're not an idiot. Yes you passed on two(yes two is a lot when were talking vice items)' date='but it was only two. Just be sure to take items when they become available in the future!;) Doesn't she look smashing in this photo?[/quote']I think this pic is the coolest Don Johnson´s picture.

• 1 year later...

GREAT NEWS!!I have obtained the Photoshoot blazer!! :clap:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildNow if I can just locate the private owner of the OLIVIA BROWN dress.....I'll make an offer that just can't be refused.ANOTHER .WS EXCLUSIVE!