Hollywood remake list

-Tom-

Hey guys, I need your helpI'm doing this story on all the movies Hollywood recycled from 2000 till now - or is in near future planning on doing.So could any of you help me with it?

Not a complete list, but:Mission: Impossible (1996) - I know, a bit earlier than 2000The Avengers (1998) - Ditto.The X-Files (1998) - DittoMission: Impossible II (2000) - Does this count, as it's a sequel?Charlie's Angels (2000)I Spy (2002)Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003) - Counts?Starsky & Hutch (2004)The Dukes of Hazzard (2005)Mission: Impossible III (2006) - Counts?Miami Vice (2006)The X-Files: I Want To Believe (2008)Speed Racer (2008)G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra (2009) - Not released yet.Star Trek (2009) - Not released yet.In development:Magnum, P.I. (was supposed to come out this year, now pushed to 2011)MacGyver (in the works, don't know about a date)The A-Team (supposedly 2010)

There's the Bewitched remake' date=' from, what, 2005? I completely forgot about that one.[/quote']No kidding...as it was definitely forgetable!

• Administrators
There's the Bewitched remake' date=' from, what, 2005? I completely forgot about that one.[/quote']I'm sure most of us would like to forget most of the movies on the list! I don't think the "X-Files" movies qualify though. The 1st movie was released between seasons 5 & 6 and maintained continuity of the series. Both movies had the original cast as well. A remake would have been recast with different actors.

I know this one hasn't been made yet--anyone remember it?

Hey, it's The Man From U.N.C.L.E.! Don't forget Get Smart last year, Inspector Gadget (real trash) and Transformers is I believe is a remake of an old cartoon.

I'm sure most of us would like to forget most of the movies on the list! I don't think the "X-Files" movies qualify though. The 1st movie was released between seasons 5 & 6 and maintained continuity of the series. Both movies had the original cast as well. A remake would have been recast with different actors.

You're right, Fman. That completely slipped my mind. I guess those count more as extensions/continuations of the series more than anything.