Zito's death

Shill

It's slowly dawning on me that Sonny was ultimately responsible for the death of Zito. It's Sonny that pushed a reluctant Zito into not only managing Sykes, but also pushed him into asking for some Guzmann book action. Also, no protection was offered to Zito the night after the fight. Any thoughts on this?

Crockett is a murderer!!!

They are undercover cops, they know the risks, in that line of work, you're life is sacrificed 24-7, it isn't some fun joyride, Zito knew the risks, they are dealing with people who kill thousands of people ever day! (Look at the current war in Mexico, that's who they're dealing with, not Noughy Lamont every time!)

I, too, thought this was old news. However, the concept of Larry (apparently) being unarmed and unprepared to deal with his murderers has always haunted me. I realize that this was a way to "finalize his performance" on the series, but it always bothers me to see an aspect of innocence so deeply violated. Maybe it effects me because I liked Zito and true depth of his character. It is just hard for me to believe that Larry would have let his guard down when there had already been one murder. I REALLY hated to see Larry go.

• Administrators

Yep. I always thought it odd that he was not "packing" when the "boys" arrived.But then again, like so many questions about MV eps. It was necessary to make the ep. like it was.I always thought it odd that Stan came into the gym, called out for Larry a few times and then pulled his gun and started searching. What was amiss to cause Stan to pull out his gun? Larry not answering immediately? Suppose Larry was in the john at the time? Suppose there were other members in the gym while Stan did his search with his gun drawn? I don't know, maybe it was paranoia, but that scene was a little silly to me. He could have been in a back room of the gym or something. For Stan to go around like he did was a little silly to me.But what do I know? :confused:

Yep. I always thought it odd that he was not "packing" when the "boys" arrived.But then again' date=' like so many questions about MV eps. It was necessary to make the ep. like it was.I always thought it odd that Stan came into the gym, called out for Larry a few times and then pulled his gun and started searching. What was amiss to cause Stan to pull out his gun? Larry not answering immediately? Suppose Larry was in the john at the time? Suppose there were other members in the gym while Stan did his search with his gun drawn? I don't know, maybe it was paranoia, but that scene was a little silly to me. He could have been in a back room of the gym or something. For Stan to go around like he did was a little silly to me.But what do I know? :confused:[/quote']It was emotional though. Not so real-life as such, but a scene that is well remembered. You knew when Stan was calling out and no answer was given, that something terrible had happened - especially with the music in the background.

I watched that ep with my dad and when it got to that scene my dad said "Something happens to Zito, right?" And of course I didn't answer. I still come very close to crying when I see it.

Come on Gina admit it.....I ball my eyes out when I see the look on Stans face when he holds Zito in his arms.Come on that scene could melt the polar caps!

Come on Gina admit it.....I ball my eyes out when I see the look on Stans face when he holds Zito in his arms.Come on that scene could melt the polar caps!

Yeah' date=' that´s true !!!These scenes in the bathroom are so sad :cry::cry:The next scenes during the funeral are as sad as these scenes - especially because [i']Blind Faith is playing :happy::cry:

Yeah, I got a lump in my throat too! That was during Zito's death and funeral and Switek's breakdown in "Hard Knocks". It seems to be all centered around Switek!?!:birdie: Maybe I think Switek's character is the genuine, next-door-neighbour-kinda-guy. Even in "Freefall", he gets suspended by Castillo - I didn't feel sad as such, but I felt sorry for Switek again...

I think this episode is the beginning of Stan´s mental breakdown !:eek:In Down For The Count, Part 2 Stan is constantly sad and totally down and during season 4 and 5 he doesn´t become the old joker.:cry:Stan explains his situation during the sad funeral - Larry was more than a partner - he was like a brother.This sentence explains all vagueness, doesn´t it ???

• 1 year later...

Zito's death was sad and poignant, dude looked like he was simply asleep.And yes, the part when Stan holds him always gets to me as well.

• 1 month later...

Notice how Stan bitterly addressed Crockett in Part II.In segment 2 (After Zito's funeral) when he walked past Crockett in OCB's conference room he said something like "Are you happy now".

• 1 year later...

I'm in the middle of watching season 3 now and I had to skip the episode when I realized which one it was. It's too sad, especially when you see Switek's expression at the end.

• 10 months later...

Stan and Larry were great funny detective team. I love them!. That's why i hate Down For The Count episodes. John Diehl should have stayed on Vice.

My guess Larry's death was a first ridiculous thing in a Vice.. Especially when Switek find Larry on bathroom,he's face just a little bit artificial. Switek could make a realist expression more than he made. And the second ridiculous is Larry has unarmed. What a damn and sucks thing to like a tv show Miami Vice. We see all of previous season the squad always armed. Even I say, I love Crockett's armed style. He don't wear on that t-shirts into jackets,trousers,espadrilles underdress for only make cover himself,he wear that items for hide his arm too. I like Rico's style too. His hiding style is brillant! Even I can say he legend to hide his shotgun. He's so genius for this.Hiding gunshot into the jackets.Again I can say Crockett's hiding style is genius too! They' always wear underarm gun cases and they often carry 'em this way. Sometimes We see Tubbs didn't carry gunshot and he just carry two pistol (one on his ankle two on his holster or in his jacket's pocket "That can see on Viking Bikers From Hell episode) And you know Crockett always wear a holster his left underarm and also wear a bullet case his right underarm(also attach a handcuff case on his bullet case from Season 3)But All Nevertheless Zito didn't take and carry a simple pistol gun! That's beginning down of Vice.. As we know Switek and Zito always armed. Also my guess for this,they should have wear any item for cover his arm too. They only wore twice or once underarm holster like Crockett's wearing on their underarm. First Calderone Retron Part I second I didn't remember,I'll check it as fast as I can. That's why they made a dumbed final for Zito.I think they made it like that for John Diehl's left. And you see How Zito's character in a wink blow off and gone and never have talked about on him again.If you look carefully to this,you'll see that is the beginning down of Vice. Not to mention I'm talking about the ridiculous episodes of Season 4-5.

• 1 year later...