WTH: Robin Williams Dead at 63?

Kavinsky

Apparently suicide by asphixiation, and what the hell is going on that were loosing one famous good person a week recently?

I mean its getting to the point where I cant keep track, and this just seems unfathomable to loose him of all people.

and I swear it seems like Johnathan Pryce is next, just by looking at him recently in his I joined game of thrones video they put on trek movie.

but him, dead, Robin Williams dead? that just seems impossible frankly.

but I must wonder if this is another case of where the person does there best to keep everyone laughing to constantly feed off the euphoria of it, to keep the darkness away, and then once that's gone, their gone as well.

much like what seemed to be happening with one of the members of Channel Awesome on that guy with the glasses, a guy by the name of Jewwario, who also did himself in a few months ago after he also fell off the grid and tried to do the youtube thing.

only probably to have most of his content ruined by the Copywrite ID program that they implemented shortly before his death with his nintendo stuff.

and well theres an example in fiction as well, namely that of the protagonist of Trigun doing the same.

and to think he was the one guy who managed  to cheer up Christopher Revee after his horseback riding incident as well too, pitty he wasnt around to do the same during his dark hour evidently.

hmm rest in peace you glorious son of a bitch, the worlds gonna be a little dimmer without you.

and I wish I could show you the end bit to the survivors 1983, that seems to really have presidence here but I cant find the clip on youtube.

the whole movies up, but not the one clip I want lol go figure.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

It's very sad and depressing news. And you're right, it seems like every week now that we're losing somebody famous. Always the ones we least expect. 

But, he will live on for the rest of humanity in the form of media.

Nanoo nanoo, Robin Williams. 

Some of the movie stars & comedians we love & enjoy, become like 'friends' or even 'family' in our own life. Robin Williams was definitely one of these.

Hearing about all the good & kind things he did for down & out actors and love he brought to children in hospitals, makes me appreciate Robin even more. When someone dies, late in years , or from illness...it's easier to accept. 

I wonder if Robin Williams knew about all the love expressed for him by millions of fans, he might still be with us.

I pray that my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ considers the good that Robin Williams did for others, & extends His Mercy to him. "For Love or Charity will cover a multitude of sins."...........R.I.P.

• Like 1

yeah it just is easier to accept from old age, like Leslie Neilson, even given the bad timing, 2 days before my birthday, but no one can control when you die and how it seems.

and he died the proper way, in his sleep in a warm bed around family members, so that was far easier to accept and not dwell on

still sucked though, and I probably learned my comic delivery from him the most honestly.

Frank Drebin! Police Squad!

although having the father of the Viper and the Cobra die 2 years ago despite his old age really did sadden me even though it was natural death, as frankly I wanted Mr Shelby to live forever given his rebelious and do it to the max and screw the health issues nature.

but Robin, jesus, thats both comedians I grew up with as a child dead now, and in the worst way with him, although I must wonder though what put him over the edge.

the story and the reaction to him doing the Doubtfire 2? the lack of success in recently months and years? or the relapse of his Alcoholism?

Edited by Kavinsky

Sad news to wake up with.  ;(

Never really been a fan of his stand-up comedy act/shows but as a kid I always treasured movies like Hook (1991) Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) and Jumanji (1995). 

As I grew a bit older my parents let me watch Dead Poets Society which sort of became a huge thing since it was a very different kind of movie than what I had seen him in before.

A lot of critics tried to write him off after some heavy movie disasters but for the last 10-12 years Robin seemed to move between lighthearted comedies to some very dark films and I enjoyed seeing him as the bad guy and liked the idea of him as an possible choice for "The Riddler" in an upcoming Batman movie.

Really sad, a true comic genius gone way too soon.  I enjoyed his stand up routines and his movies like the Birdcage filmed at the Carlyle.  A real friend of the troops he made trips to Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan (the movie Good Morning Vietnam was filmed in Thailand).  I could go on and on.   ;(

Edited by miamijimf

2014 sucks for celebrity deaths. Rik Mayall's passing was the worst. So sad.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

Yeah I remember that, I think Rik was on black adder, the big boasting pilot during the last season of the show, along with the guy from blackadder the second.

just as an update for those who dont know, we might have an answer as to why he did it, he was suffering from not only depression, and alcholismn

but actually Parkinsons, and I guess this pushed him over the edge, and trek movie.com has a very touching article on him and his connections to star trek.

http://trekmovie.com/2014/08/12/star-trek-celebrities-mourn-robin-williams-the-star-trekwilliams-connections/

namely he was supposed to be in TNG, the episode with Max Headroom was originally ment to him but he was too busy with hook

and also he apparently blessed the old enterprise set with his presence during the TMP era, another reason to morn the loss of not only him but that set over the years.

plus this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZbJd1bhLwM

may god bless him, as I literally grew up with him in my childhood and I remember going to see flubber in the theater with my dad as a kid, along with Generations and Mr Nice Guy with Jackie chan too,  so atleast his death is not as quite as senseless as we thought initally, still the world is a little dimmer without him.

but he was a troubled individual and sometimes these things happen, nothing you can really do or do to stop it as life is so fleeting and hard to keep track of.

but god damn I am going to miss him

also Machinma had this video they did in honor of him before we learned of the parkinsons bit:

Edited by Kavinsky