Greatest Slap Stick Movies

timm525

• Administrators

OK, what is your favorite slap stick movies?Mine are:1: The Pink Panther/Clouseau Movies. Sellers performance in these is absolutely second to none! His mannerisms, facial expressions and accent is truly priceless! The fight scenes with Kato in which his whole apartment is destroyed in the process before the ringing telephone interrupts them is hilarious. I grew up watching these movies with my father and no matter how many times I've seen these, over the last 25 years, there is always something I never notice before. Most likely because I was laughing too hard to notice it before.Pink Panther Strikes Again (Inflation Scene)Return of the Pink PantherReturn of the Pink Panther

Gotta turn the speakers up for this one. 0.26 second mark! :)
This is a great one too! The Pink Panther Strikes AgainAnd my all time favorite. (too bad this one is in spanish)
2. Murder by Death. Also with Sellers. Very, very funny Clue like movie.3. Airplane4. The Naked Gun Series

Caddyshack - The ultimate. Comedy doesn't get any better than this. It's just as hilarious every time you watch it. It works so well because it has four great comedians all at the top of their gameAirplane! - Arguably the funniest movie ever made. The gag ratio is overwhelming and dramatic actors playing it completely straight makes it even funnierBlazing Saddles - Before Airplane this was the #1 spoof and it's still a champion of the genreDumb & Dumber - The most flat out gut bustingly funny film since AirplaneThere's Something About Mary - Hilarious set pieces. And an awesome setting too (Miami)Used Cars - Criminally underrated comedy with Kurt Russell. Many hysterical set pieces and hilarious performancesRaising Arizona - The Coens at their goofiest (The Big Lebowski is also one of the funniest movies ever but it's not really slapstick). Too bad Nicolas Cage's acting is crap but you can't have everything. Cage is so bad in this movieNational Lampoon's Vacation / Christmas Vacation - Clark W. Griswald is Chevy Chase's finest hour and his vacation to Walley World and Christmas stay at home are the best places to see him

• Administrators

Used Cars - Criminally underrated comedy with Kurt Russell. Many hysterical set pieces and hilarious performances

Watch for Switek in this movie. He test drives a truck and rolls it!

The Naked Gun is up there. This may be cheating, but the original TV series, Police Squad, is even better. I think I'd rather pop that DVD in instead of the actual movie!Plains, Trains & Autombobiles = Classic.

Flying High - Best way to get rid of someone: punch them in the middle of their face. Jeez that's a good movie.

• Administrators
Pound for pound' date=' AIRPLANE is the funniest.....and don't call me shirley.[/quote']Hey, don't give me any of your "white zone" s**t!

Its called Airplane?! We are talking about the same movie, the one with the Jaws music in the opening sequence, right?The one with the blow-up autopilot? :DAnd there's no stopping in the red zone.:)

That's the one! Came out in 1980.We have clearance, Clearence. Roger, roger. What's are vector, Victor?

Then why does it say 'Flying High' at the start?! Righto, whoever proposed a name change for us Aussies...

• Administrators
That's the one! Came out in 1980.We have clearance' date=' Clearence. Roger, roger. What's are vector, Victor?[/quote']Link

Then why does it say 'Flying High' at the start?! Righto' date=' whoever proposed a name change for us Aussies...[/quote']Name changes for films that are sent overseas either here or there seem fairly common.

• Administrators

Well, all you gotta do is get on down to the video rental store and pick some out. With the ones listed above, your won't be sorry. Except that your stomach may hurt from laughing.

Airplane is by far my favorite slapstick movie. Nielson is awesome in this, as well as Mrs Cleaver. Yes, for those old enough to know about the Beaver (LOL), June Cleaver is in it. Placing her in this movie was similar to Nielson IMHO, allowing them to shed their wholesome image for a funny side we rarely see.I tend to go for the classics though, such as the Marx Brothers, along with Laurel and Hardy. Pioneers in the field of slapstick. Only now are people coming to realize just how smart Buster Keaton was. BTW, as for Pink Panther movies, A Shot In The Dark is my favorite. Great physical scenes and situations.

• 1 month later...

Anything with Gene Wilder...like... Silver StreakStir CrazySee No Evil Hear No Evilall done with Richard PryorAnd of course Blazing Saddles which was already mentioned before

Plains' date=' Trains & Autombobiles = Classic.[/quote']Ditto. ......"THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!!! :D :D :DSome of my other favorites (most of which have been mentioned)Christmas VacationIt's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad WorldThe Great EscapeBlazing Saddles

Anything with Gene Wilder...like... Silver StreakStir CrazySee No Evil Hear No Evilall done with Richard PryorAnd of course Blazing Saddles which was already mentioned before

That's weird! At 4:02 PM when this message was posted (US time) I was watching Blazing Saddles on AMC! I guess it's an X-Files moment!:eek: (p.s. my favorite part? Hedey (that's Hedley!) Lemarr, great villian!)