We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - The Animals

Ell.a

• Administrators

In this dirty old part of the cityWhere the sun refused to shinePeople tell me there ain't no use in tryin'Now my girl you're so young and prettyAnd one thing I know is trueYou'll be dead before your time is due, I knowWatch my daddy in bed a-dyin'Watched his hair been turnin' greyHe's been workin' and slavin' his life awayOh yes I know it(Yeah!) He's been workin' so hard(Yeah!) I've been workin' too, baby(Yeah!) Every night and day(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!)We gotta get out of this placeIf it's the last thing we ever doWe gotta get out of this place'cause girl, there's a better life for me and youNow my girl you're so young and prettyAnd one thing I know is true, yeahYou'll be dead before your time is due, I know itWatch my daddy in bed a-dyin'Watched his hair been turnin' grey, yeahHe's been workin' and slavin' his life awayI know he's been workin' so hard(Yeah!) I've been workin' too, baby(Yeah!) Every day baby(Yeah!) Whoa!(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!)We gotta get out of this placeIf it's the last thing we ever doWe gotta get out of this placeGirl, there's a better life for me and youSomewhere baby, somehow I know itWe gotta get out of this placeIf it's the last thing we ever doWe gotta get out of this placeGirl, there's a better life for me and youBelieve me babyI know it babyYou know it tooLyrics by B. Mann und C. Weil---> Homepage