Life on Mars UK-Finally!

Viceman Cometh

• Administrators

Never saw the UK version but I loved the one here. Sorry to see it cancelled. At least they plan to make the season finale a series finale to tie up loose ends and explain it all.

Finally! At long last, one of my hopes has been answered! Life on Mars on DVD! I have been scowering BBC DVD catalogues every since the show went off air! It's finally coming! Woo-hoo!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the post on this subject. I have been watching season one intently!!!I LOVE IT!It has lots of the same issues as MV such as police brutality, right and wrong, investigative inconsistancies, the love angle between the constable and the star, the tough guy boss, the bad guys getting away with stuff occasionally... and of course the "fine blue line" and moral issues.The part of the show where he is trying to get back to his own time is intriguing and you still don't know after several episodes why he is back in 1973. No connection yet...I can hardly wait to see the season ender!GREAT SERIES!

i was watching this UK series intently over the last few weeks and I am enthralled at the littel nuiances and jokes that are placed strategically in the episodes. Has anyone else noticed the l;ittle private jokes such as when he names a person from the 21st century and the others in the office say "WHO?" and using knicknames of drug paraphanalia that is common today but not used back then?I think the best one was when they went to the swingers party and he used "Tony Blair" as an alias. That was hilarious! It aired in the UK during his reign so that must have truned a few eyebrows... pip pip.

Well I just watched the last two episodes of LOM.Liz White..............MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I'm so in love!!!What a great twist in the ending!WOW!!!I am still downloading the American version and quite frankly I would be surprised if they can top the UK one?