30th Anniversary of Vice While on Honeymoon

SlingShotUK

Right, so I was kind of hoping there might be some kind of party to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic show in Miami as when we were planning our wedding date, I jumped at the chance to choose two weeks for our honeymoon that meant we'd be in Miami for the anniversary :)

Even though there isn't anything planned it seems, as we're in this amazing city and it is Vice's 30th anniversary I have had to dress in character for the night. This is actually close to the outfit I got married in ;)

I hope you're all at least watching some classic episodes to celebrate.

Happy 30th and thanks for keeping the Miami Vice vibe alive on this great forum.

Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

It's a timeless look. People still wear the old t-shirt and blazer. It has been in style since MV, even people who don't know what MV is still rock the style unaware of who made it popular. :)

• Like 1

I must admit I was a bit paranoid going out last night and did get some funny looks off some people, but do actually agree it's still a valid and cool look. There was something really awesome about walking up Ocean Drive though. Total flashback feeling ;)

• Like 2

You were in Miami, so the outfit shouldn't be out of place, even after all these years........good thing you didn't get married in the Bronx!  ;)  :D

Edited by Tony D.

Lol now that is a good point.

Though I have to admit that when we were here in 2012 for Halloween noone seemed to know who I was dressed as which was weird. At a certain Halloween party the server asked if I was in law enforcement due to the badge I was wearing. *facepalm*

Edited by SlingShotUK
  • Like 2

Lol now is a good point.Though I have to admit that when we were here in 2012 for Halloween noone seemed to know who I was dressed as which was weird. At a certain Halloween party the server asked if I was in law enforcement due to the badge I was wearing. *facepalm*

Hope you are enjoying this great site about a great show and welcome !!

• Like 1